Xrays without apron - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 12-28-2013, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Has anyone done this before they fell pregnant. It was an accident but I wanted to ask to get a peace of mind that everything will be okay or something greensad.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-28-2013, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

I was 6 or 8 weeks and I did not think I was pregnant. He still did not give me a lead apron to wear.
#3 of 6 Old 02-25-2014, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

You could post this in the pregnancy forum to get more replies.

Honestly, I would be worried if that were me. Have you talked to a doctor about it? I'm sure it's an almost common occurrence (as is women getting really drunk or using drugs in very early pregnancy before they know they're pregnant) and likely turns out okay most of the time. Still, if it were me I'd be googling it and asking a doctor.

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#4 of 6 Old 12-26-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinaybabe23 View Post
I was 6 or 8 weeks and I did not think I was pregnant. He still did not give me a lead apron to wear.
Hopefully the baby arrived healthy! In practice, aprons are always to be used male female, pregnant or not. We leave it up to the patient to take any at all and avoid them when in the first trimester. With and apron, most newer x-ray machines emit way less radiation exposure. With this equipment you now get more from being in the sun two hours or a flight overseas. Hope this eases some minds.
#5 of 6 Old 02-22-2015, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smom23 View Post
Hopefully the baby arrived healthy! In practice, aprons are always to be used male female, pregnant or not. We leave it up to the patient to take any at all and avoid them when in the first trimester. With and apron, most newer x-ray machines emit way less radiation exposure. With this equipment you now get more from being in the sun two hours or a flight overseas. Hope this eases some minds.
Modern technology has made some innovative changes in the previous technology flaws. Its not about the X-ray machine but also some other toxic considering items.
#6 of 6 Old 02-23-2015, 09:10 AM

The amount of radiation you receive from dental radiographs is SO LOW. Like really, really low. If you spend the day in the sun, you have gotten more radiation than from your xrays. There is nothing to worry about from one slip up.

Tags
Dental

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page