Is there a way to remove dental sealants? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-21-2014, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey, I am wondering if anyone know of a way to get dental sealants removed. My dentist just put sealants on my six-year-old's molars. Without my permission I need to add. I am so mad right now is there a way I can remove this junk myself or do I have to take him somewhere. What can I do?

Cynthia--Among other things, I am a wife and mother to two boys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2014, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I just took my kids for a cleaning recently and on the receipt it said something and I THOUGHT it was a sealant. It was more like a fluoride treatment. I cleared it up with the billing department.

I wouldn't think they could do this procedure without consent! Did you ask them if there was a way to remove them due to their error? Can they polish it off? I hated eating all that silver filling dust when they took out my old fillings and put white ones in...I was probably better off leaving them alone! I still see some specs of silver fillings left around the white ones too! What a waste!

When my daughter had the sealants done, it was done separately and billed separately from the cleaning. It required some patience on my daughter's part...they scrub the area first, then put some goo on, then put a blue light on it...it took quite some time for 4 teeth.

Are you concerned about BPA?

Old 07-03-2014, 04:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it causing any issue? Sealants are designed to prevent tooth decay. Dentist may drill your sealant and put composite resin in it.

Tags
Dental
User Tag List