Helppppp dentist says my daughter needs 4 crowns!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-08-2014, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Helppppp dentist says my daughter needs 4 crowns!!!!

She has 12 cavities. She is only 3 years old. But out of those she needs 4 crowns. I am already about to faint but I am trying to convince myself that 8 will be tooth colored. But the other 4 crowns are silver color. !!!!!!

Don't they have crowns in tooth color too?????? Can anyone please help!!!

I personally think this will affect her confidence and social skills. Please help me find out if there are at least tooth colored crowns out there. I see some online but the 4 dentists I have seen say they don't give them to kids for their molers

Last edited by SolveMyProb; 10-08-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-09-2014, 05:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I feel for you. When she was about 4, my DD was found to have a bunch of cavities between her teeth (even though we had been brushing and flossing regularly and the dentist had told us up until then that her teeth looked great.) She had to get 8 stainless steel crowns. It didn't affect her confidence or ability to make friends. Not at all. When she first got them, she was too young to be self-conscious about them and when she got older she was so used to them I don't think she thought about them much. They really weren't that noticeable. She's 11 now and most of them have fallen out over the last year. I think she just has one left. She would mention every once in a while as she got older that she would rather not have the silver teeth and would be glad when they all fell out, but it didn't seem to be a huge deal to her. I really wouldn't worry about the color of the crowns. Your daughter will lose them before she gets to the age when appearance becomes really important to kids. I think it's worse for the parents. I worried people would see all those crowns and assume it was because we hadn't taken good care of her teeth. And maybe they did, but no one ever said anything like that to me (not that you would expect them to.) They really just aren't that noticeable.
#3 of 3 Old 10-15-2014, 02:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh man! I can understand too as a single father. Though haven't faced this with my loving one but when you love them you can easily feel the pain more then them. I don't know if crowns would be of same color but you should teach her that confidence and social skills shouldn't be dependent upon the beauty or something. Teach your kids to be yourself.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page