Dentist wanting to seal "sticky spots" on my 11 year old son - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-18-2014, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dentist wanting to seal "sticky spots" on my 11 year old son

My son has had issues in the past despite good dental hygene. We had been doing well for a couple years. A few years back he had several cavities on his baby teeth and has two crowns and a couple small fillings.

Now everything looks ok except for his permanent molars which do not have cavities yet but have the beginning of cavities. She called them sticky spots which are darkened. 3 out of 4 molars had 1 small spot in each. The dentist said they would want to do a restoration as a preventative. Pretty much get it cleaned and filled before it develops into a cavity.

I am so conflicted on this. Any thoughts? I am going to look into healing teeth naturally but I also don't want to end up with a root canal down the road.

Has anybody else been in my shoes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2014, 11:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
sealants contain BPA. I was just reading an article on mommypotamus about how she reversed her daughter's tooth decay with a special diet in a matter of days.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Yes that's my worry - I would rather not do it - but if we end up with cavities it will be much worse. Hoping to be able to heal them before a follow up appt in Jan or Feb. I will look for that article. I bought a book on healing through nutrition too. Fingers crossed.
Old Today, 07:14 PM

Question Are small brown lines on front permanent teeth cavities or plaque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamashanti View Post
sealants contain BPA. I was just reading an article on mommypotamus about how she reversed her daughter's tooth decay with a special diet in a matter of days.

Is the article on this forum or on a blog?

How long does it take to form these brown spots?

We noticed these spots in August You can see them with a magnifying mirror & a loop, not that visible on their own.

Would a dental cleaning help or hurt? Do dental cleanings eliminate enamel? Thanks in advance.
Old Today, 07:16 PM

Question Any updates on your situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcino View Post
Yes that's my worry - I would rather not do it - but if we end up with cavities it will be much worse. Hoping to be able to heal them before a follow up appt in Jan or Feb. I will look for that article. I bought a book on healing through nutrition too. Fingers crossed.

When did you notice this on your child? Has it gotten better or worse? What have you done so far? Thanks.

Good luck with it all

User Tag List