Small brown lines on 2 bottom teeth/front? What is it, cavity or plaque? Thanks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#1 of 5 Old 12-14-2014, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Question Small brown lines on 2 bottom teeth/front? What is it, cavity or plaque? Thanks

If a child gets small lines at the top of PERMANENT teeth, is it a cavity on both teeth, or plaque? This child has never brushed with fluoride & or ingested it. Both of these teeth look a bit transparent?

Would a cleaning with a Dentist help?

I have brown lines on the back of the bottom teeth, I thought it was from coffee(I stopped drinking it) & or diet soda drinking for a few years.

Please HELP!! What do you do in a situation like this?

I read somewhere that too many dental cleanings can take away the enamel, true or false?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-14-2014, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Has she/he taken any hits or falls to the face? When my front teeth got lines on them it was fractures from an impact that I (until then) didn't think did any damage.
#3 of 5 Old 12-14-2014, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Smile Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormborn View Post
Has she/he taken any hits or falls to the face? When my front teeth got lines on them it was fractures from an impact that I (until then) didn't think did any damage.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. No, she has not taken any falls, fractures, etc. to the face. I wear glasses to read, and I cannot really see them unless I put my glasses on, use a loop to look at them. But, from far away, it looks a bit dark at the top end of the teeth. They also look a bit transparent. What do you think? What kills me is that they have never had a soda, coffee, sugary drinks, etc. Maybe a small handful of candy through out the years at Halloween (like 1 or 2 small pieces, followed by immediate brushing, rinsing with water)

Thanks for the help.
#4 of 5 Old 12-15-2014, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 298 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
My ds son had a brown spot once and I took him to the dentist and she scraped it off within seconds. I was so relieved and we think maybe it was tarter but the dentist wasn't really sure what it was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#5 of 5 Old Today, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryangels View Post
If a child gets small lines at the top of PERMANENT teeth, is it a cavity on both teeth, or plaque? This child has never brushed with fluoride & or ingested it. Both of these teeth look a bit transparent?

Would a cleaning with a Dentist help?

I have brown lines on the back of the bottom teeth, I thought it was from coffee(I stopped drinking it) & or diet soda drinking for a few years.

Please HELP!! What do you do in a situation like this?

I read somewhere that too many dental cleanings can take away the enamel, true or false?
The removal of the enamel during cleanings would be from getting them polished every time as its like sand paper and causes the same amount maybe more damage than using hard bristle brushes, whitening toothpastes or adding baking soda to toothpaste or homemade pastes depending their use and how hard you scrub. Simply tell them no polish, def don't stop getting them cleaned! The brown stuff is staining and is caused by coffee, tea, wine and other things, but isn't decay or harmful, its just not aesthetic. Avoid constant drinking/sipping and rinse out after consumption and that should keep it down, but polishing is best at removing all of it. Also, brown or white spots and irregular indentations that are not cavities are usually defects in the tooth structure which are caused by any given thing be it trauma, genetics, diet/nutrition, medications and even illness.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page