Crowns on front 4 teeth in toddler and irritated/sore gums?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-27-2004, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 2 1/2 year old had dental work done on June 18th (will never forget the day ) which included 4 stainless steel crowns on top front teeth. The gums have not looked the same ever since. My husband took her to the dentist last week and an xray confirmed the teeth are still fine but he said that the gums were irritated. He told my husband he didn't know why or what to do but to keep an eye on them. I called the office a few days later (since I had been stewing about it and very concerned) asked what we could do. At that point the dentist said we were not brushing well enough along the gum line. I digress but why he couldn't say that to my husband we are at a loss? I have been brushing more closely there and I think they look better? Anyone have experiences like this? The whole thing almost makes me sick when I think about it - we had to use GA and I was a wreck. I think I won't fully relax about her teeth until she is older? Anyone feel the same. It seems difficult to get all the food/food residue of the crowns at the gum line. Has anyone else had issues with their children's gums after crowns were put in?

I ramble, especially whens it gums to baby teeth. Would love to hear others' experiences.
Carolynn in Memphis

Tags
Health Healing , Natural Dental Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page