We've successfully been using Acidulated Phosphorus Fluoride (APF) from our dentist 2x/day.
I would recommend the following:
- Limit the 'feeding of the bugs' by no sippy cups with anything but water except at meals, reducing 'starchy' snacks like crackers, cereal & brushing often
- topical fluoride (if you're comfortable with it, I am and my naturapathic doctor is for us)
- xylitol frequently (in toothpaste, mints), my little guy LOVES the mints and I have to keep him from having a handful. He has a few a day.
- Check mouth pH and if it is low, consider diet changes to maximize alkaline forming foods and minimize acid forming foods - this is where our effort is focused at this point.
Very generally, the way xylitol works is that the sugar is very close to glucose, but it can't be used by the 'sugar bugs' so they expend energy trying to eat it and they cant.
I hope this helps!!