Pregnancy, BF and Teeth/Safety issues - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 97 Old 12-30-2002, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Don't know much - but when they took out my wisdom teeth, they totally knocked me out. I was only out for about 20 minutes total - but I was out. So, I don't know if that helps or not! Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#92 of 97 Old 12-31-2002, 04:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There's a thread in the dental archives dedicated to just this topic, with tons of info!

Check it out!

Sliiiiiight correction, my uber-cool cyber assistant, lidocaine is *local*, meaning it acts locally, not all over. Topical is like Solarcaine or that stuff you spray on your sore throat. And it actually does go through your body, it gets injected, and so gets out via the liver. Such a teeny tiny amount, mostly water, very safe.

#93 of 97 Old 12-31-2002, 01:42 PM
kel

Thanks Smilemomma! They actually aren't bothering me at all right now, but they were just a couple months ago AND I've been getting headaches pretty frequently, so I really do think that I should get them out. I will wait until the 2nd trimester though - do you think that will be fairly safe then? And will it be okay to take Arnica then, too?

Thanks for the congratulations - it's my 4th! (Kind of hard to believe!!)

xox - Kelly

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

#94 of 97 Old 12-31-2002, 02:11 PM

I had my partially erupted wisdom teeth out, one at a time (only had two). The doctor did it under novocaine, and I was gone in twenty minutes, my choice. I never did take any tylenol because it never did hurt. They had been causing joint presure and pain. $70 each.
My husband had the usual, non-erupted wisdom teeth, impacted. He was out during the extraction, and down for the count for a week. He had stitches and the whole nine yards. Total cost for all 4: $2700.

If your experience is likely to be the former, I would say go for it. If it is at all like the latter, put it off. (I do think waiting to the 2nd trimester sounds good, though, anyway).

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#95 of 97 Old 12-31-2002, 06:22 PM
kel

Good point. I should call the dentist up and find out from them what sort of experience it's likely to be... simple/quick or more difficult. Thanks for that perspective!

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

#96 of 97 Old 12-31-2002, 06:24 PM
kel

By the way, I only have 2 wisdom teeth as well - my bottom two. They ARE partially erupted, but still impacted.

- Kelly

#97 of 97 Old 12-31-2002, 06:29 PM

I hope that your dentist has a clear cut answer for you, good luck!

Do you ever feel guily that you only have two? I do

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page