First dental visit and what to expect - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 96 Old 11-21-2002, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, All! Ok, so if someone could direct me to (what I'm sure has already been addressed) a thread that entailed "what to expect on baby's first visit". Actually, my Lily is just turned two and it's time to go. I have had better results with getting her to brush since I read some of the posts here. THANK YOU!

I have given her LOTS of juice, but diluted down to about 1/3 j. to 2/3 water. I have also been having better luck with straight water again. (thank Gods!) I am leaning toward cutting out milk (even though I've had her on goat's milk for almost a year) because of probs with phlegm and drainage (she's in dayscare). As well as just wanting to eventually eliminate dairy. (the girl thinks that cottage cheese is cheese-doesn't eat regular cheese!)

I know that I don't want to her to have fluoride. Don't see the point in applying toxic waste to my child! But what about sealants? I am leaning toward NOT, because I am just pretty much inclined toward "less is more" in regard to interventions. But, being that I am very ignorant of what to expect or educate myself about BEFOREHAND, I am a bit anxious.

Lily's teeth are grey at the tops (by the gumline) and I have no idea what that might be an indication of. But, that's why I say it's time to go. I would greatly appreciate any input!

Thanks!

Be Well~
bari
#92 of 96 Old 11-21-2002, 04:42 PM

Here's the thread: first dental visit

Try to find a dentist who you feel comfortable with, and whose office seems to take time for you before you're their actual client. That way, you can be pretty sure that they'll do the same thing once you're in the office.

Sealants are typically applied to the grooves of molars only; they're a lot like varnish or "nail polish"as I understand (but made of plastic).

Good luck, keep us all posted on how it goes!
#93 of 96 Old 11-26-2002, 05:18 PM

Thanks, Simonee!! I'll let you know!

~bari
#94 of 96 Old 12-02-2002, 08:20 PM

I'm sure this has been asked a million times....I guess I'm being lazy and not reading through all of the other posts

Ds is 12 mos and has 4 teeth, just wondering when to take him to his 1st visit?
#95 of 96 Old 12-02-2002, 08:35 PM

My ds1s dentist says the first visit shoud be at 2 yrs old.
But my friends ped told her 3 yrs. Shes not a dentist though. I have never asked ds2's doctor this.
My 2 cents
#96 of 96 Old 12-02-2002, 08:49 PM

I took my ds at 18 months, but I have heard around 2 is good. Im just a little obsessive about healthy teeth! Plus it gets them used to going and comfortable with their dentist

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page