Curing Cavities with Nutrition - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 861 Old 07-11-2006, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't find anywhere that lists the ingredients. What are they?
#182 of 861 Old 07-11-2006, 03:58 PM

Ughhh, I know. I guess I'll email the company and ask. I've been using Tooth Soap and like it except I caved last week and started using a regular whitening brand 'cause my teeth were looking icky. Old. Now they look much better and I'm too vain to go back to the Tooth Soap right away.

ETA: yitlan - I wonder if there's glycerin in it?
#183 of 861 Old 07-11-2006, 04:05 PM

ingredients per my bottle:
purified water, organic virgin coconut oil, baking soda, xanthum gum, stevia, wildcrafted myrrh powder, organic essential oils of peppermint, spearmint, cinnamon, and clove.

Zia+Lane+Sonora=Mi Vida Loca! :
#184 of 861 Old 07-11-2006, 04:19 PM

Thanks! : Iwas hoping there wasn't glycerin in it. I'm going to get some & try it.
#185 of 861 Old 07-11-2006, 07:35 PM

subbing...I thought I already did this My kids have terrible teeth and we are working hard on our nutrition!
#186 of 861 Old 07-11-2006, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yitlan
ingredients per my bottle:
purified water, organic virgin coconut oil, baking soda, xanthum gum, stevia, wildcrafted myrrh powder, organic essential oils of peppermint, spearmint, cinnamon, and clove.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong... I think that baking soda removes the enamel from teeth according to the little perfect prescription book. I believe the tooth whitener has baking soda as an ingredient and she says to only use it once per week.
My teeth were looking yellow (I have a couple cups of blueberry tea per day) after using the tooth soap for a few weeks and my teeth have always been very white. I was thinking of giving up on it too because I didn't want to shell out more money for the whitener. I decided to use baking soda once per week after brushing with the toothsoap and it brought my white teeth right back. Once a week seems to be enough for me. Hope this helps.
#187 of 861 Old 07-12-2006, 06:03 AM

:
Same here. I looooooooooove toothsoap. I have the whitener but when I run out I just use baking soda.
#188 of 861 Old 07-12-2006, 01:51 PM

Subbing

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#189 of 861 Old 07-14-2006, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneca
I get 1/2 gallon for $6 and that makes 2 pounds of delicious deep yellow butter this time of year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS
Well that helps answer my question in this months NT Mamas thread: How much regular grassfed butter would you need to eat to get 1/2 tsp. recommended dosage of high vitamin butter oil. 1.33 oz cream equals one dose of BO.
I didn't see this answered anywhere but I might have missed it... I think that would be 4 teaspoons regular butter? If I'm figuring that correctly...

64 oz cream = 32 oz butter

1 dose BO = 1.33 oz cream = 0.665 oz butter = 4 tsp. butter

If this is correct, butter oil is about 8 times as concentrated as butter, so an 8 oz jar of butter oil is like buying 4 lbs of butter.
#190 of 861 Old 07-14-2006, 02:34 AM

how do they make high vitamin butter oil? what is in it? why is it so expensive? dh wants to know..lol
#191 of 861 Old 07-14-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl
how do they make high vitamin butter oil? what is in it? why is it so expensive? dh wants to know..lol
My WAPF chapter leader just visited their operation and assures us it is worth what it costs. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it'll be something like this. First, they only make it a few months out of the year (up to six) b/c it requires the fast growing grass, as Price observed. Second, it takes something like 60 gallons of milk to make one bottle of this stuff. Third, this is a family run operation. Very little $ goes to advertising. So your money actually goes toward product. Exactly how they make it, I'm not sure. I think they have to take the cream from each milking and then centrifuge it to get the oil out. There's a centrifuge involved somewhere!
HTH.

Zia+Lane+Sonora=Mi Vida Loca! :
#192 of 861 Old 07-14-2006, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yitlan
Second, it takes something like 60 gallons of milk to make one bottle of this stuff.
If could could find out the exact amount of cream that it takes to make one jar that would really help all this conversion confusion.

I know they say something like 8lbs of cream but I don't know how much in volume cream weighs...
#193 of 861 Old 07-14-2006, 01:22 PM

If they say 8 lbs of cream per jar, that's 4 lbs of butter, or 4 tsp butter per 1/2 tsp dose of butter oil. That's the same ratio I posted above.

I don't think that 60 gal milk per jar can be correct. That figure looks to me like it's off by a factor of 10.
#194 of 861 Old 07-14-2006, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamagotchi
If they say 8 lbs of cream per jar, that's 4 lbs of butter, or 4 tsp butter per 1/2 tsp dose of butter oil. That's the same ratio I posted above.
Oh yeah, that does work!!!

Thank you!
#195 of 861 Old 07-20-2006, 05:23 PM

Toothsoap users, have you ever been called in connection with buying it? This part of the purchase agreement makes me nervous:
Quote:
By accepting this Purchase Agreement, the Buyer agrees to receive continuing follow-up contact from the Seller including email, mail, newsletters, product updates, product recall notices, product improvements, telephone calls from the Seller and/or telemarketing organizations and/or pollsters for the purpose of solicitation related to the instant product or any other product or service.
Isn't there some kind of exception to the do-not-call list about things like this? I'm not the only one at this phone number, so I don't want to start getting annoying solicitation we can't get rid of.
#196 of 861 Old 07-20-2006, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

How weird! Nope.
#197 of 861 Old 07-22-2006, 07:17 PM

I haven't gotten any solicitations from ToothSoap either. If I did I'd stop buying their products pronto. That's a big pet peeve of mine.

Do want to ask though: who here uses the high vit. butter oil? How do you use it? Where do you buy it? I can get some through my co-op. For now I just use regular raw butter from the farm I get stuff from.
#198 of 861 Old 07-23-2006, 03:19 PM

Carly - Never heard from toothsoap.

Annikate - I take 1/2 tsp. of butter oil with my 1 tsp. of Blue Ice CLO in the morning just before my 24 hour raw yoghurt/kefir mix and supplements. Dd takes hers with CLO in the evening just before dinner. We buy from www.greenpasture.org. I ususally buy 1/2 case so the price is a little cheaper per bottle.
#199 of 861 Old 07-23-2006, 04:24 PM

Thanks moneca. Do you notice a big difference in the way you feel taking it?
#200 of 861 Old 07-24-2006, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate
Just jumping in.....
I take it at a dose of 1/2 tsp mixed with 2 tsp COL (it's recommended that diabetics take more COL.) I found my energy increased dramatically when I started this. I used to get so tired walking up hills or stairs, and now I just run right up! I am not sure I need to take it in the spring and early summer when I have the raw milk, cream, and butter from pastured cows on growing grass, so I don't take it every single day, but come winter I will.

Ann
#201 of 861 Old 07-24-2006, 05:44 PM

Thanks Ann,
That's kinda what I was wondering. I'm in FL and get raw butter, cream etc. from grass fed cows. I wonder if that's good enough? (Probably not, given the crappy grass we have here (if you want to call it that.)
#202 of 861 Old 07-24-2006, 06:38 PM

so question...two of my kids have cavities they need filled...they are also both off dairy..what would you do?
#203 of 861 Old 07-25-2006, 08:23 PM

Wow, still so much info. Thanks ladies!
I'm pretty sure my dd has not only a hole in her front tooth but possibly a whole whack load of cavities. : I feel like such a bad mom!
I didn't brush her teeth enough, give her vitamins soon enough, she drinks floruinated water(yeah, I meant to say that! Its tap, yuck!) has had soft drinks, and candy! ARGHHHH!!!!
Go ahead, I know you want to >
I wish I could do it myself, but darn it, I can never hit myself hard enough.

What do I do?!! I've started brushing her teeth more often, I've been giving her Kindervital multivitamins(liquid) I've been supplementing with CLO and Vitamin C (along with other stuff) in hopes that she would recieve it through my breastmilk. Oh and we still night nurse! ARGHHHHH!!!!!
: okay enough already.
We can't get raw milk here, or the butter oil.:
I'm going to go hide in a hole for awhile. I have an appointment with the dentist in a couple weeks, so maybe I'll get more of an idea of how bad her teeth are.
:

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#204 of 861 Old 07-25-2006, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate
I haven't felt any difference, but I got the last of my amalgams removed just before starting it and then started chelating shortly after that. Moving all that mercury has kept me from feeling as energetic as usual so it's hard to say that the oils have made me feel any better. I continue to take it beause N&PD changed my way of thinking about EVERYTHING I put in my mouth.
#205 of 861 Old 07-26-2006, 01:26 AM

How are you chelating yourself?

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#206 of 861 Old 07-26-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
How are you chelating yourself?
Per Andy Cutler's protocol www.noamalgam.com
Check out the chelating mamas thread that is on the first page of dental.
#207 of 861 Old 07-26-2006, 06:26 PM

Hello, I am 45 and I have a 9 year old. Last year I had all my amalgams removed due to mecury poisoning. My son has had many problems with his teeth. I think largely to my poor health and systemic problems, as well as lack of information about the best nutrition. I am interested in helping to heal his mouth, improve his nutrition and help him never to have a cavity again. I appreciate the advice that everyone has given thus far. He currently has 9 cavities in his teeth, 4 in his permanent teeth, 5 in baby teeth. He was given a clean bill of health about 1.5 years ago. I found out he was being given sugar in his latchkey program, and at school so I pulled him out of the latchkey thing. Also, when he was born via c-section, he had an infected umbilical cord and then had pneumonia several times landing in the hospital where he was given very high doses of anti-biotics. This is my question: Should I get the dental work done and then concentrate on nutrition or should I concentrate on the nutrition and working on reducing bacteria counts and then see if the cavities heal a bit? I am so sorry I did not know about all this while I was breast feeding.: Thank you
#208 of 861 Old 07-26-2006, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnynparadise
This is my question: Should I get the dental work done and then concentrate on nutrition or should I concentrate on the nutrition and working on reducing bacteria counts and then see if the cavities heal a bit? I am so sorry I did not know about all this while I was breast feeding.: Thank you
The amount of info I wish I knew before getting pg too is enormous!

This is hard to say, only you can decide. Are his teeth bothering him?
#209 of 861 Old 07-27-2006, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain
Wow, still so much info. Thanks ladies!
I'm pretty sure my dd has not only a hole in her front tooth but possibly a whole whack load of cavities. : I feel like such a bad mom!
I didn't brush her teeth enough, give her vitamins soon enough, she drinks floruinated water(yeah, I meant to say that! Its tap, yuck!) has had soft drinks, and candy! ARGHHHH!!!!
Go ahead, I know you want to >
I wish I could do it myself, but darn it, I can never hit myself hard enough.

What do I do?!! I've started brushing her teeth more often, I've been giving her Kindervital multivitamins(liquid) I've been supplementing with CLO and Vitamin C (along with other stuff) in hopes that she would recieve it through my breastmilk. Oh and we still night nurse! ARGHHHHH!!!!!
: okay enough already.
We can't get raw milk here, or the butter oil.:
I'm going to go hide in a hole for awhile. I have an appointment with the dentist in a couple weeks, so maybe I'll get more of an idea of how bad her teeth are.
:
As mamas we do the best we can for our kiddos with the knowledge we have. It's all a journey and we are always learning, changing, and evolving. Did you check www.realmilk.com for a raw source near you? I can't remember if the site includes Canada. If you still have no luck I would to to the traditional foods forum in Nutrition. Mountainmom and Briesen(I think) live in Canada along with others. You could post a question asking for a raw source in your area and they would do their best to help you.
In the meantime could you make some bone broth? I make mine with a pastured chicken (2-4 pounds) and it is really very easy and nutrient dense. I have no problem getting my 2 1/2 yo to drink 4 oz. each day.
#210 of 861 Old 07-27-2006, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl
so question...two of my kids have cavities they need filled...they are also both off dairy..what would you do?
Sorry I didnt' see this until now...

Get as much seafood into them as possible. The cultures that ate seafoods actually had the best teeth and bones out of any of the tribes Price studied.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page