Chelating mamas? - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 850 Old 06-23-2007, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bet you are dumping a lot with the iodine. Did you up your Amla or SA to help with the detox? I think the only reason I haven't noticed any issues with the 50mg of iodine is that I've done so much chelating and detox over the last year+. I'll tell you though, bikram yoga is amazing. I went to a class yesterday and again today. After todays class I was fatigued all day and my hg tox symptoms were back. I'm convinced that the contortionist poses while sweating bullets are flushing toxins out of parts of my anatomy that are rarely utilized. A couple 15 drop doses of NCD spread throughout the day took care of the symptoms and fatigue by this evening.
I'll be interested to see how long it takes my cysts to start shrinking. One MD's case history stated 1 mo and another 3 months. I was just thinking the craziest thing today... I'm a happy B cup and I wonder how small I'll get when the cysts are gone.
#362 of 850 Old 06-23-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneca View Post
Toraji thanks for that article. I sent a copy to my folks. My dad just had his appt. yesterday with an IAMOT dentist to have his mercury amalgams removed. DH is at an IAOMT right now getting the first of his out. I'm thankful he only has five with one being large and the other four being tiny - some are just a line in the tooth. How is your DH doing?
You're quite welcome! I love having other mamas around to help with learning all this new stuff. Otherwise I'd get pretty overwhelmed doing it all myself.

DH seems to be doing well. He'd really bad at taking supplements and I hate nagging him so I've pretty much stopped his supplementation/chelation. He was always a LOT better with mercury symptoms than I was, I think he was one of those fast excreters. It was only after I put him on NCD right after his amalgams were pulled that he had detox symptoms. After that, the only symptom he really noticed was getting gassier, then that stopped. So the only person chelating/supplementing in my house now is me, the squeakiest wheel so to speak.

I've noticed that being outdoors working has improved my symptoms quite a bit, I'm assuming due to whatever human need it is to get sunshine and exercise. I would love to do a regular yoga program but right now the farm is taking up all my time. Hopefully this winter when things slow down I can start taking classes.
#363 of 850 Old 06-23-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I was just thinking the craziest thing today... I'm a happy B cup and I wonder how small I'll get when the cysts are gone.
I was just reading in the iodine forum at curezone.com about a girl who says her boobs got bigger on iodine.
#364 of 850 Old 06-23-2007, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiechild View Post
I was just reading in the iodine forum at curezone.com about a girl who says her boobs got bigger on iodine.
Who would have guessed. I'm happy with my b cups as they don't get in the way with outdoor rec. stuff. Thanks for the info.
#365 of 850 Old 06-23-2007, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Toraji -
What do you grow? I've always wanted to ask you this. You're on one of the islands off the coast of Washington aren't you?
Do you mean your DH's hg symptoms got worse with the NCD after amalgams were pulled? I believe it causes a bit of mobilization. Hmm.
#366 of 850 Old 06-23-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I bet you are dumping a lot with the iodine. Did you up your Amla or SA to help with the detox?
Yes mama!! And more Bs and some extra Mag. I feel really good today!
#367 of 850 Old 06-24-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Toraji -
What do you grow? I've always wanted to ask you this. You're on one of the islands off the coast of Washington aren't you?
Do you mean your DH's hg symptoms got worse with the NCD after amalgams were pulled? I believe it causes a bit of mobilization. Hmm.
We're homesteading on the northwest coast of Oregon (Astoria area). We're going for self-sufficiency first, then selling the excess. Last year we were able to feed ourselves entirely for three months, which was pretty cool. We had pigs for meat and lard, and all our veggies. Grains don't grow well here (too wet) so we ate pretty paleo for a while, relying on potatoes and squash for our starch. This year is pretty minimal animal-wise, we sold our house last year (it was already a separate lot from the land next door) in order to get funds to build our dream eco-home on the land. So now we are commuting from an apartment in town which makes it difficult to take care of more intensive animals like goats and pigs. So we only have chickens and ducks right now, though we are in the process of getting our garden going and planting loads of food (50+ lbs of potatoes in, plus tomatoes, peppers, squash, herbs, greens and cole crops, beans and corn, I think that's all of them).

It's a lot of work though it's very rewarding and I'm pretty exhausted...I think this is compounded by adrenal insufficiency which I'm finally getting some supplements to address.

Yes, DH's Hg symptoms got worse with the removal of his amalgams and NCD. To be fair, I don't know if he would have had the symptoms anyway, but right after he took the NCD he started having dizziness and difficulty speaking. Definitely some mobilization going on.
#368 of 850 Old 06-24-2007, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Made him a believer didn't it? DH had ringing in his ears yesterday for a few hours.
I hope you post a picture of your house when you're done building. Thanks for including all that you grow - that's incredible!
I don't know if this would help you or not... Dr. Ron Schmid sent labs on me two years back when he was trying to help Sierra too. My blood work came back showing that I had adrenal exaustion (thank you extreme stress and hg toxicity). He put me on his brand of adrenal glandulars. I noticed a big difference in my anxiety level pretty quickly. www.drrons.com
#369 of 850 Old 06-26-2007, 01:35 AM

Yup, I almost got his organ delight but opted for an adrenal supplement over at iherb that had all the recommended supplements for adrenal exhaustion all in one magic pill. My supplement cabinet is a constant source of teasing from DH! I hope after all this chelation is over that I can kick most of them out.

In researching adrenal exhaustion, I found that it affects more women than men, and that it is more common than one might think. I've had a pretty bad spell of fatigue lately, though that may be from the iodine supplementation. Fatigue is something I've always battled, though it did take a big downward turn of late which prompted me to do more research and get some specific supplements for it.

I'll try to find some good pics to post of the farm soon!
#370 of 850 Old 06-26-2007, 03:04 PM

Is anyone interested in buying a bottle of LiverLife? I bought a bottle for DD a few months ago and then figured out that she has problems with virtually all herbs, so it's been sitting on my supplement shelf. I've used maybe 60 drops out of the bottle. I'd like to get $24 PPD for it, but I'm open to offers if that's too much. I can send a picture, too, if requested.
#371 of 850 Old 06-30-2007, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

Interesting that Dr. Schmid now has an iodine supplement (I received a advertisement for it in my order today) :

http://drrons.com/iodine-iodide-complex.htm

I did notice that he has a different mg value per drop of Lugols than others I've seen. Seems all other statements claim that Lugol's has 12.5 mg of iodine per 2 drops and he claims 5 mg per 2 drops. I wonder if he is looking at values from diluted Lugols.
#372 of 850 Old 06-30-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Interesting that Dr. Schmid now has an iodine supplement (I received a advertisement for it in my order today) :

http://drrons.com/iodine-iodide-complex.htm

I did notice that he has a different mg value per drop of Lugols than others I've seen. Seems all other statements claim that Lugol's has 12.5 mg of iodine per 2 drops and he claims 5 mg per 2 drops. I wonder if he is looking at values from diluted Lugols.
It's the same strength as Lugol's and Iodoral:

Quote:
Two drops provided 5 mg of iodine and 7.5 mg of potassium iodide, the amounts provided in one capsule of Iodine Complex.
You add the 5 + 7.5 together.

I wonder if he is repackaging Iodoral under his label, that's the only iodine/iodide tablet I know of. Good price for the 180 size.
#373 of 850 Old 07-01-2007, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Ay, I shouldn't even try simple math late at night. Thanks for pointing that out.
#374 of 850 Old 07-09-2007, 02:45 PM

ARGH!

Computer ate my post!

I wanted to give a progress report after doing the DMSA but now my net time is over. :

Long story short, my pee is super stinky doing the DMSA, where I don't remember it being that way when I used it before. Does this mean that I'm now excreting unused DMSA? It smells sulfurous, like the DMSA before I swallow it.

I sure hope so because I'm really wanting to be done with this so I can TTC.
#375 of 850 Old 07-10-2007, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

Toraji -
I honestly don't know. My urine smelled like rotten eggs or sulfur for a long time after I started ALA. I had not noticed that smell in months. For the last week I started taking Sierra's glutathione (just for the month of July) so that I could hopefully pull as much mercury off before running my final (hope it is) UTM in August. My urine started to smell like sulfur again with the glutathione which is to be expected. I don't want to ttc until I have that UTM back so I can see if I'm still pulling off elevated amounts of hg. My current ALA supply will last me until the first week in September.
I thought you weren't sure about ttc. What changed your mind?
#376 of 850 Old 07-10-2007, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

DD started NCD in November and her first UTM (30 drops per
day) 3 weeks into the NCD had elevated hg. We did a UTM at the end of
January which showed many metals coming off with only NCD (30 drops
per day), but no mercury excretion. A third UTM was sent at the end
of April on NCD and 5 mg TD-ALA Cutler protocol showing metals coming
off, but no mercury excretion. This was a very low dose of TD-ALA so
I wasn't terribly surprised that there was no mercury excretion.
Just today I received our latest UTM results.
The current round includes NCD, TD-ALA 20 mg Cutler protocol,
lipoceutical glutathione 1/4 tsp. 1x per day, 1 drop Lugol's solution
(I include this because it has been shown to help with hg excretion) :

Genova Diagnostics

Lead reference range
Mercury 5.16 elevated above reference range of 2.19
aluminum reference range
antimony <dl
arsenic reference range
barium reference range
bismuth <dl
cadmium reference range
cesium reference range
gadolinium tentatative maxium permissible limit (off the charts)
gallium <dl
nickel reference range
niobium <dl
platinum <dl
rubidium 3,085 elevated above reference range of 2,263
thallium 0.790 elevated above reference range of 0.298
thorium <dl
tin <dl
tungsten 0.271 elevated above reference range of 0.211
uranium <dl

I'm thinking that the NCD only pulls extracellular or plasma mercury.
I'm excited to have this great of a hg pull with only 20 mg TD-ALA.
My daughter only weighs about 35 pounds, but according to Cutler's
max of 1mg/pound body weight we could still increase to 35 mg. She is
having a hard time with the yeast so it may be a long time before we
get there.
If any of you want the exact lab report from Genova Diagnostics I can
forward you the PDF. PM me with your email address.
#377 of 850 Old 07-10-2007, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

All of you will get a good chuckle out of this one :

I've been taking 50 mg Lugol's for exactly one month. Since I'm not large chested and my fibrocysts never cause me pain I was surprised and a bit discouraged that I have not seen any changes. Suddenly I realized my grave error. I decided to cut all grains a month ago to try to shed my last few extra pounds. The only carbs I eat are a spoon of pollen, my nightly bag of blueberries, and about 3 TBSP of organic peanut butter each day (almond butter is $17 a jar and I've been too lazy to make crunchy nut butter). I've been taking my lugol's and then blocking it from being absorbed with the peanuts. Needless to say I'm making some crispy nuts.
#378 of 850 Old 07-10-2007, 11:20 PM

moneca,

don't underestimate the lugol's solution. that may well be contributing to mercury excretion as well. I'm taking it for that reason and plan to start IP6 as well.

check out the iodine supplementation support forum at www.curezone.com
#379 of 850 Old 07-11-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I thought you weren't sure about ttc. What changed your mind?
It was the ticking time clock threat. DH says this is my last shot this year otherwise he thinks the children would be spaced too far apart, which made sense to me too since I'm not getting any younger either.

Great results with the TD-ALA!

And call me ignorant, but unsoaked peanuts inhibit iodine absorption? Is this a phytate issue?
#380 of 850 Old 07-11-2007, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
moneca,

don't underestimate the lugol's solution. that may well be contributing to mercury excretion as well. I'm taking it for that reason and plan to start IP6 as well.

check out the iodine supplementation support forum at www.curezone.com
Well, if I see a dramatic change several days after stopping the peanuts I'll believe in their power to block the iodine. What is IP6?
#381 of 850 Old 07-11-2007, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Toraji -
I wish you all the best of fertility luck once you decide the time is right. I'll laugh if we end up with due dates that are close. We'll have to start a post chelation prego NT mama's tribe. I'm 35 and dh is 42. Sierra is 3. Where are all of you on the age spectrum?
Peanuts are a goitrogen that block the thyroid (possibly more areas too) from taking up iodine. Here is a list :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goitrogen
#382 of 850 Old 07-11-2007, 08:51 PM

See here for IP6 info...

http://www.knowledgeofhealth.com/rep...elation,%20IP6

It is an inexpensive heavy metal chelator made from rice bran extract. A lot of the iodine users over at curezone are using it to chelate heavy metals. I ordered the jarrow brand from vitacost for about $8. It is supposed to be safer than some of the older more traditional methods.
#383 of 850 Old 07-12-2007, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
See here for IP6 info...

http://www.knowledgeofhealth.com/rep...elation,%20IP6

It is an inexpensive heavy metal chelator made from rice bran extract. A lot of the iodine users over at curezone are using it to chelate heavy metals. I ordered the jarrow brand from vitacost for about $8. It is supposed to be safer than some of the older more traditional methods.
So, IP6 is derived from rice bran and is essentially phytic acid? I only saw one reference sited in the area that stated it was a metal chelator. Have any of the individuals from curezone that use it run a UTM to verify that they are chelating elevated amounts of any particular metal? Please post your results here after you're on the product for a bit. Are you planning to do any testing to determine if it is pulling metals? I did google this product and didn't see anything on its chelating properties, but did find a lot of anti-cancer claims.
#384 of 850 Old 07-12-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Toraji -I wish you all the best of fertility luck once you decide the time is right. I'll laugh if we end up with due dates that are close. We'll have to start a post chelation prego NT mama's tribe. I'm 35 and dh is 42. Sierra is 3. Where are all of you on the age spectrum?
Hey, best of luck to you too! We've taken quite the journey together, eh? :

DH is 34, I'm 33 and DD is 5 this fall. So it'll be quite the age space between kiddos.

Post chelation prego NT mama's tribe
#385 of 850 Old 07-13-2007, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Toraji -
Are you still having the nasal congestion? You know I had it start after implementing the ALA portion of Cutler's protocol and it lasted for around 4-6 months and then vanished. It was mostly in the wee morning hours and continued for a couple hours after I got up.
Wierd thing is that dd has never had nasal congestion, but just started waking up with it for the past four days. It lasts for a couple hours and then disappears just like mine did. We live in a dry high altitude area so seasonal allergies don't fit. We started her ALA at the beginning of April, but didn't moved her up to 15 mg until about 8 weeks ago. I'm actually encouraged by this because it was a stage for me that I had to go through as mercury was being removed.
How long did the congestion last for you?
#386 of 850 Old 07-13-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
How long did the congestion last for you?
I still have it off and on but overall it is much improved. My nose is complicated by food and environmental allergies. But in general, my nose is more clear than it is stuffy THANK GOODNESS!!!
#387 of 850 Old 07-17-2007, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

OMG a governmental agency that lists dental amalgams as a source of mercury poisoning (Under the heading mercury is a hazardous substance):

http://www.disability.vic.gov.au/dso...e?OpenDocument

Of course, it is the government of Australia :

Disability Online was established in June 2002 by the Victorian (Australia) Government's Department of Human Services, Disability Services Division. The site aims to begin to implement the Victorian Governments e-government vision.
#388 of 850 Old 07-21-2007, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Jane and Toraji -
I just wanted to know if you had noticed any changes since adding the lugol's? We've been on it 6 weeks now (Sierra 1 drop and myself 8 per day). I decided to do a patch test on each of us yesterday. Sierra's lasted about 4 hours and mine only 7-8. This shows no improvement from the last one I did on each of us about 4 months ago. I know that mercury can block the iodine receptors on the thyroid and I'm sure it would also block receptors in the rest of the body. I wonder if mobilizing all this mercury through chelating keeps the receptors covered and the iodine from being absorbed? Any thoughts?
#389 of 850 Old 07-23-2007, 05:12 PM

I feel "sturdier" after supplementing with iodine. It also seems like I am more resistant to my food allergies now. I used to stuff up immediately after eating dairy, but now I can have an occasional dose without getting all congested. I also noticed my breasts becoming more full and losing that saggy boob syndrome post-nursing.

I've heard that the patch tests are not reliable...pulled up this article by Guy Abraham on Google:
http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/u...2/UNIOD_02.htm
#390 of 850 Old 07-27-2007, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Toraji,
Thanks for that link. I'll keep picking my brain and reading.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page