Chelating mamas? - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-29-2008, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FYI- reading back a couple of pages with the gastritis. The remedy our naturopath gave is homeopathic cal. phos. It completely resolved our daughters gastritis and it eliminates her arthritis pain also. She started out for about 6 months using the 30c dose, and when that began not working as well, he created a higher dose for her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 02:46 AM

shannyshan, I looked over your DD's hair test and she doesn't officially meet any of AC's counting rules for mercury toxicity. she is close on one. does she have symptoms or issues that cause you to consider mercury poisoning as a possibility?

my DS also is close for one rule, but doesn't officially meet any. after much researching on his "issues," coupled with the fact that I do meet one counting rule, I am now inclined to think that mercury is at the root of his issues. knowing that I am toxic and my body was his host for nearly nine months, I don't really see how he couldn't be affected, yk?

good luck on your journey, I hope you find your answers. I think for many of us, it has been a very long and painful road.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
I'm glad your little one didn't meet the counting rules. My son shows mild signs of mercury poisoning (symptomatically, we haven't actually done the hair test, and since we've got symptoms, I don't think I'm going to at this point), so I'll be chelating him too. I would never have considered this (mercury) on my own. I was trying to get decent answers to my health problems and one thing led to another and I met my HCP, who has studied mercury in-depth. I really like that I can read a lot here (and elsewhere) as a cross-check to her recommendations.

I was really freaked out at first at the idea of chelating my son. I don't know why, because while I knew I'd need to chelate myself, and I knew he had symptoms, I didn't put two and two together to realize of course I needed to chelate him. So I've been doing a lot of reading in the past month and, of course, with knowledge comes a lot less fear. I think I can do this slow and easy. The biggest problem I've got is actually that he's started refusing all his supplements and I haven't come up with new, creative ways to get him to take them. I really need to post in H&H and see if anyone's got ideas. My brain just feels like it's been wrung dry.

So how'd you get here? "Here" being the realization that mercury is a problem for you, I mean.
DS totally led me on this path. It was in researching his issues that I gained any awareness whatsoever of mercury poisoning (from amalgams.) I am so thankful to learn now, rather than later, but I feel so bad that DS has had to suffer due to my ignorance.

I have now had 4/8 of my amalgams removed. unfortunately, there was decay under one of the ones I've had removed and now my dentist wants to do a root canal. I'm aware of the negative ramifications of this, including Price's view. my dentist used to share this view and always recommended extraction over root canal. she now, however, feels the structural integrity is more important when weighing all of the risks. she also uses ozone, so she feels the risk of bacteria is very low. I recently spent well over $5k on adult orthodontics, so extraction isn't sounding so good to me, either. I have about two weeks to figure it out, I have temp. cement in place for now.

I'd like to start chelating DS right away, but I would kind of like to start chelating myself first so I know firsthand what to expect. it will be several months before I can start, though.

how's the supplementing going with your DS?
Old 01-31-2008, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmom View Post
shannyshan, I looked over your DD's hair test and she doesn't officially meet any of AC's counting rules for mercury toxicity. she is close on one. does she have symptoms or issues that cause you to consider mercury poisoning as a possibility?

my DS also is close for one rule, but doesn't officially meet any. after much researching on his "issues," coupled with the fact that I do meet one counting rule, I am now inclined to think that mercury is at the root of his issues. knowing that I am toxic and my body was his host for nearly nine months, I don't really see how he couldn't be affected, yk?

good luck on your journey, I hope you find your answers. I think for many of us, it has been a very long and painful road.
Thank you for looking it over. She does have some symptoms of heavy metals:sleep problems, twitching in her sleep, gets yeasty easy, doesn't want her head touched and often pushes away, speech delayed(they are coming next week to interview her). Theer are probably others but I haven't looked at the list too much, I didn't want to overwhelm me more than I am. But I suppose I should.
Does it matter which rule she was close on? Does it have any significance? And does hair testing for Iodine give an accurate picture, because her iodine was so high, I am wondering if I need to be concerned. And what about selenium, is it true for selenium?
Thanks again for taking the time....I REALLLY appreciate it.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
so extraction isn't sounding so good to me, either. I have about two weeks to figure it out, I have temp. cement in place for now.
That sounds stressful and very un-fun. I'm sorry you're in that position. I don't know much (anything, really) about it, so I'll just wish you the best of luck in figuring out what's right for your situation.

Quote:
how's the supplementing going with your DS?
Well, there was a new twist sometime around Thanksgiving. I was stupid and arrogant, no other way to say it. I was doing some reading (like always) and ran across something about lemon juice as helpful for the liver, and between what my HCP has said and symptoms I can see, my liver could use some help, so for a week and a half, I juiced a lemon and drank that first thing in the morning. It really _did_ do stuff (and a few symptoms went away, and I got some strange detox symptoms--I smelled like cigarette smoke, and I don't smoke, though my parents did), but that should have been an immediate red flag that a lot of stuff was circulating in my body. But it took me a few weeks to realize that my son's vitC need had shot up. I actually don't know how high it is--I've been giving him 8-9g 3x/day (24-27g/day) ever since I figured this out, and once my new bottle of vitC gets here, I need to see really how high he went. He got a ton of nasty stuff in my milk, obviously, and that was really the clue that I needed to wean--both to really start working on my health, and to protect him, because I had no idea that my health was so unstable (or that lemon juice was so powerful--still not sure if everyone would have that reaction, or it's just me).

So, I figured out a new way to get him to take his supps (it was a while ago that he started refusing everything, I had almost forgotten having to re-invent that one), and then I had to add in a lot more vitC and we'll need to do the whole taper down over time thing again, but this time starting a lot higher. I am frustrated with myself, and hoping I _only_ have to start over, and we don't need to add in anything else or, well, I don't know what. The only good thing is that he's still not banging his head--it was when his vitC need got down to about 4g/day (when I slowly worked him down the 1st time) that he stopped banging his head, and I was worried he was going to start again (and am still on the lookout for other symptoms) when I realized what had happened, but he's still okay.

Quote:
I think I have decided to go with Ostoepathic Center for Children and Families in San Diego. Just need to decide between Dr. Viola Frymann or Dr. Shawn Centers.
Shannon, I'm so glad you've found someone you think can help!
Old 02-02-2008, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannyshan View Post
Does it matter which rule she was close on? Does it have any significance? And does hair testing for Iodine give an accurate picture, because her iodine was so high, I am wondering if I need to be concerned. And what about selenium, is it true for selenium?
Thanks again for taking the time....I REALLLY appreciate it.
It doesn't matter which counting rule at all, no significance.

The iodine and selenium questions are very appropriate for the Yahoo Group

although I have Andy's books, I'm still pretty new at this and I don't want to give you any information that could be potentially harmful or inaccurate. there are lots of nice, knowledgeable folks in the Yahoo Group that can help you out with these types of questions. have you posted the DDI results in the "hair test" folder and asked for feedback? that would be my suggestion.

I would really love to help you, but I don't feel experienced/qualified enough at this point to give detailed interpretations.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:25 AM

Speaking of hair tests, I read the vitamin k yahoo group and noticed something mentioned recently, along the lines of how the limits for at least the heavy metals (by limits, I mean the # value that indicates from one color band to the next) have changed over the years. The lady who started/runs the vitk group said that the limit for mercury, for example, has increased from 3 to 5 (no idea what units).

I guess I should read the autism mercury yahoo group more regularly and see if that's been addressed there--but does anyone here have any thoughts? I really don't know how the limits/standard deviations are determined by the lab that does the testing, but it makes sense that they update them, but at the same time, that seems to run the risk of invalidating Andy's counting rules.

Anyway, I don't have any useful information on this (right now), but I wanted to post it in case anyone knows a bit about it.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:01 AM

that's interesting about the limits changing, but I don't think it's relevant for Andy's counting rules. his rules look strictly at the "essential and other elements" portion of the hair test b/c they're based on deranged mineral transport. apparently mercury causes a derangement of the way the body transports/handles essential and other elements.

in fact, it's not uncommon for toxic people to actually show very little mercury excretion in their hair test. both DS and I show none, which is in itself suspect b/c most people have at least a little since we're all exposed to environmental mercury regardless of whether or not we have amalgams.

I am curious as to why the limits changed, though.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:54 AM

Good point about the essential & other elements rather than the heavy metals being used for his rules. Though it begs the question as to whether they (the essential and other elements, I mean) are changing over time as well--I assume the standard deviations are supposed to reflect the current population, and though it seems like that could be changing, I see ways in which it could be improving (no lead in gasoline, things like that). Okay, I feel a bit better. Thx.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:30 AM

I thought I was doing the right thing, but after my appointment today I feel so confused and alone. I don't know what to do. I can't handle this on my own, but everyone tells me I must do something about my daughters hair test results. Everyone that is, that isn't telling me hair tests aren't reliable.
I don't believe my daughter is needing as much chelation as some others. She doesn't show signs of autism. The only things she shows in symptoms is a speech delay, sleep issues(she wakes at night, but can get back down after a little while), yeast issues, and maybe some other little things.
But her hair test showed elevated levels of antimony, aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, and tin. Some others were a little elevated.
I really want to do the right thing. I have tried so hard (breastfeeding till 22 months, no vax, organics, safe baby shampoo, water filter (just got though), and more). I have tried so hard and feel like I am failing. I just want the answers to be clear. I want to know what she is deficient in and supplement it the right way without messing something else up. I really want to avoid chelation, but can it be done by homeopathy or herbals.
The osteopath today recommended Young Livings: Chelex, Juva Cleanse, Super C Chewables, True Source multi, and Immupro. He also recommended L-Glutsthione cream by kirkman (has mineral oil in it ), and epsom salt baths. Some of these stick out as wrong to me (the ascorbic acid in the vitamin c, the mineral oil in the cream), not to mention the price on some of these. Uggh, I don't know how much more of this I can take. I don't know where to go, but I need help with this. I can't do it alone. I can't. Should I try a good homeopath, a naturopath or another DO? What should I do? Please someone help me.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I thought I was doing the right thing, but after my appointment today I feel so confused and alone. I don't know what to do. I can't handle this on my own, but everyone tells me I must do something about my daughters hair test results. Everyone that is, that isn't telling me hair tests aren't reliable.
I don't believe my daughter is needing as much chelation as some others. She doesn't show signs of autism. The only things she shows in symptoms is a speech delay, sleep issues(she wakes at night, but can get back down after a little while), yeast issues, and maybe some other little things.
But her hair test showed elevated levels of antimony, aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, and tin. Some others were a little elevated.
I really want to do the right thing. I have tried so hard (breastfeeding till 22 months, no vax, organics, safe baby shampoo, water filter (just got though), and more). I have tried so hard and feel like I am failing. I just want the answers to be clear. I want to know what she is deficient in and supplement it the right way without messing something else up. I really want to avoid chelation, but can it be done by homeopathy or herbals.
The osteopath today recommended Young Livings: Chelex, Juva Cleanse, Super C Chewables, True Source multi, and Immupro. He also recommended L-Glutsthione cream by kirkman (has mineral oil in it ), and epsom salt baths. Some of these stick out as wrong to me (the ascorbic acid in the vitamin c, the mineral oil in the cream), not to mention the price on some of these. The doctor was recommended by many others, but to be honest the place kinda gave me a bad impression.
Uggh, I don't know how much more of this I can take. I don't know where to go, but I need help with this. I can't do it alone. I can't. Should I try a good homeopath, a naturopath or another DO? What should I do? Please someone help me.
: If it's any consolation I did everything "right" too and my DD has gut damage, multiple food intolerances, and multiple food chemical sensitivities. Who knows what the results would be if I ever got her hair tested.

I personally don't have a problem with using regular vitamin C (although I use sodium ascorbate)...that just depends on how you feel. Epsom salt baths would be good, as they help support the body's natural detox pathways. L-glutathione also helps the detox pathways, but there are other sources of it--I think Brainchild Nutritionals makes one, although I don't know the form it comes in. Or you could buy capsules of l-glutathione and open them and mix them with her food (I don't know how they taste, though). You might also look into food chemical sensitivity, as that's another thing that often goes along with impaired detox pathways--food chemical sensitivities can cause all of the symptoms you listed, except maybe the speech delay. www.fedupwithfoodadditives.info www.plantpoisonsandrottenstuff.com

Would you be comfortable doing a phone consultation with someone? I haven't worked with anyone personally but maybe you could consult with someone that another person on this list can recommend.

Or would you be comfortable trying NCD on your own? I don't think there are any side effects with that. It isn't like a traditional chelator that you need to be careful with.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:07 PM

Thanks for your help. I have been looking throug a lot of info and trying to process it all. What is NCD? I don't think I know about this.
Thanks!!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:06 AM

Subbing... I'm hoping to start dd on Liverlife+NCD sometime soon. I'd like to have the help of a skilled practitioner instead of doing it on my own. I also need to chelate myself in the near future. I had all my amalgams replaced but since I still have old root canals that may have mercury in them I need to be cautious. Very interesting thread,

Marilia
Old 02-13-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your help. I have been looking throug a lot of info and trying to process it all. What is NCD? I don't think I know about this.
Thanks!!
Natural Cellular Defense liquid zeolite...if you read back a few pages on this thread you'll find some more information on it.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:54 PM

Okay, after reading the thread, I still have a few unanswered questions:

I have a 7yr old child that I believe is on the spectrum although I was never given a formal diagnosis. She received vaccines up until 6mos of age and I had 10 mercury fillings when I got pregnant with her. There's absolutely no question in my mind that the symptoms she's having are related to mercury poisoning. After reading a lot about NCD as a gentler substitute for DSMA as a chelator agent but I would like to do a bit more investingating prior to jumping into the Waiora network marketing bandwagon. The questions I have at this point are:

- Can NCD be safely used on a child? Since zeolites are aluminum silicates, wouldn't they bioaccumulate?
- There are other companies out there claiming that zeolite should be taken in powdered format and liquid zeolite is a scam.
- Did anybody try powdered forms of zeolite or liquid zeolites from other companies and what are the results?
- Are zeolites completely and safely removed from the body along with the heavy metals bound to the prismatic structure?
- Are the toxicology panels that folks are running showing any indication of zeolite bioaccumulation?
- Would any issues related to mercury redistributing in the body be an issue with zeolites as they are with DSMA?
- What kind of nutritional and dietary guidelines work best during the chelation phase? Would Liverlife and SA + Selenium and Zinc prior to starting on NCD+ALA in addition to WAP diet be enough? I suspect other measures should be taken as well.
- What kind of testing best shows the levels of heavy metals in the human body? What's better- hair analysis or stool+urine analysis or something else?
- What kinds of improvements can someone expect and how long does the treatment should run for?
- Can someone (me) with root canals (potentially containing mercury) use NCD+ALA safely? Would it have to be a permanent thing until all the root canals are cleaned with the IOAMT protocol and all the mercury is gone? What happens if you stop NCD+ALA and the mercury reenters your body?

Thanks,

Marilia
Old 02-18-2008, 01:56 AM

Marilia-

Quick question. Have you considered just ALA (and neither NCD or DMSA)? Different situation, I know, but I'm going to be doing just ALA with my son (22mos, mild mercury toxicity from my fillings). I _thought_ DMSA was indicated primarily if there was recent mercury exposure (recent amalgam removal, for example).

Sounds like you're asking good questions. I'm going to keep an eye out for answers, since I still need to learn more. Good luck!
Old 02-18-2008, 05:53 PM

Hi ladies!
I just got back from a prenatal with my midwife. I'm 16 weeks and she wants me to take chlorophyll or alfalfa daily. Alfalfa is for iron, minerals, B vits and chlorophyll but since I'm already taking an very good multi vit from a naturopathic doctor, she said I could just supplement with chlorophyll and skip the alfalfa. I thought I had read that chlorophyll is a chelator and I'm not sure if I should be taking it during pregnancy since I have 2 mercury fillings yet to be removed and I have a feeling I have quite a bit of mercury hiding in my body since I had 6 fillings removed last year. I did use NCD and Liver life and vit C quite a bit before and after the removals but I know I need to do some serious chelating after this baby weans. What are your thoughts on chlorophyll? I have no idea (I should have asked) why the mw wants me to supplement with this. She rec's to all her clients.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Marilia-

Quick question. Have you considered just ALA (and neither NCD or DMSA)? Different situation, I know, but I'm going to be doing just ALA with my son (22mos, mild mercury toxicity from my fillings). I _thought_ DMSA was indicated primarily if there was recent mercury exposure (recent amalgam removal, for example).

Sounds like you're asking good questions. I'm going to keep an eye out for answers, since I still need to learn more. Good luck!
Tanya,

Yes, I will be doing the ALA only if there's no lead involved. Then I believe the DMSA is needed. I will need a hair analysis first (Doctors' Data seems to be a good source) to see where we are at with the heavy metal exposure and take it from there. I'm still investigating NCD and it seems to be a safe product but I need to be absolutely sure about the bioaccumulation issue. I also don't like MLM companies much and prefer to stay away from them if possible. Also do you know what brand of ALA works best? I don't want anything with soy, artificial colors, corn, GMOs, etc.

Marilia
Old 02-24-2008, 03:54 PM

Marilia--I hadn't considered other heavy metals. I guess for now I'm assuming that, for us, the mercury is the main problem, and getting rid of it will allow our bodies (mine and my son's, I mean) to detox other things on its own. Which isn't a well-thought-out plan so much as a gut assumption. I've wondered if getting a hair test (either now, before the ALA, or after we chelate) would be helpful--either to see the current problems or to see what's left afterwards.

I don't know what brand of ALA is best, but our healthcare provider uses Thorne Research Thiocid-300. At 300mg per capsule, we'll be splitting the capsules into smaller doses, though we haven't gotten to the stage of talking dosing for my son.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't been at MDC much at all in the past months, but this thread has sure gotten busy as of late. I'll come back and post much more later (my computer time is limited since Sierra quit napping and DH now works in Denver and doesn't leave town anymore).
I just wanted to post quickly that I love love love CLO, HVBO, and broths! Sierra went for her first ever dentist appt. Monday. She just turned 4 and my holistic dentist who removed my amalgams had said to wait until 4 as long as she wasn't having any pain. With all the vomiting and obvious lack of properly digesting and utilizing the nutrients in her diet I expected her to have quite a few carries, but was still hoping for good results. No dental carries were found!!!! She also consumes a nutrient dense diet with all the raw fermented dairy and more.
We've been using a new mode of treatment along with NCD since August since she was not tolerating the ALA. I'll write much more later.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:55 PM

Well, I've got 2 appointments to get my amalgams replaced, March 19 and March 26. We just moved from Austin to Houston, and after taking a look at the two mercury-free dentists I found in Houston (4th largest city in the nation), I'm going back to Austin to have the work done.

Wish me luck, eh? I need to call my HCP (we're working long-distance) and see what she wants me to have on-hand for either directly before or after. And _then_ I need to do some reading about that. But with the stress of move and putting our house on the market in an ugly housing market like this, it's so nice to finally be doing something positive.

And Moneca--wow. Just wow.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:57 AM

Tanya,

I also have an appointment with my iaomt dentist on March 13 and I'm hoping to start getting rid of all the remainder mercury I'm sure I still have under the root canal caps. I also have a needle a dentist left in one of the root canals since I was a kid and I'm hoping I'll be able to get rid of it. I will then start chelating in a very conservative way and adjusting the doses of ALA (and perhaps NCD) and observing the symptoms. I'm hoping to get and read the Cutler book first. A question for you or Moneca - can you start taking ALA if you still have mercury fillings? My gut feeling seems to indicate it's best to wait till the mercury is gone...

Anyway, I wish you luck.

Marilia

Quote:
Well, I've got 2 appointments to get my amalgams replaced, March 19 and March 26. We just moved from Austin to Houston, and after taking a look at the two mercury-free dentists I found in Houston (4th largest city in the nation), I'm going back to Austin to have the work done.

Wish me luck, eh? I need to call my HCP (we're working long-distance) and see what she wants me to have on-hand for either directly before or after. And _then_ I need to do some reading about that. But with the stress of move and putting our house on the market in an ugly housing market like this, it's so nice to finally be doing something positive.

And Moneca--wow. Just wow.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbrunette View Post
my husband got really sick/allergies for a while and my mom bought him some chelating vitamins.. and yet we don't even know what they are for! can someone please explain to me what it does?
Depends what is in the vitamins. Vitamin C has detox properties, but not chelating properties. Your body needs selenium and magnesium, among others, to complete the glutathione pathway that is the primary source your body uses to rid itself of heavy metals. Chlorella is supposed to chelate, but can leave the mercury in the plasma for redistribution to fatty organs like the brain and liver.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmom View Post
mostly on my own. DS and I both had our DDI hair tests done through his ped, and I'm sure she'd be happy to consult with me if necessary. my new dentist is also great, although she follows a different program than AC. I've told her about Andy's work and that I'll be using his protocol and she's going to look into it. thankfully, DS didn't meet any of AC's counting rules, so I only need to chelate myself. I look forward to sharing this journey with you...
That is wonderful that DS didn't meet counting rules!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I was really freaked out at first at the idea of chelating my son. I don't know why, because while I knew I'd need to chelate myself, and I knew he had symptoms, I didn't put two and two together to realize of course I needed to chelate him. So I've been doing a lot of reading in the past month and, of course, with knowledge comes a lot less fear. I think I can do this slow and easy. The biggest problem I've got is actually that he's started refusing all his supplements and I haven't come up with new, creative ways to get him to take them. I really need to post in H&H and see if anyone's got ideas. My brain just feels like it's been wrung dry.

So how'd you get here? "Here" being the realization that mercury is a

problem for you, I mean.
Tanya,
That is important that you've realized to go slow and easy with your son. How old is he? What are you trying with supplements? I used to have to get a ton down dd everyday esp. for yeast, but now she's down to NCD, L-glutamine, CLO, BO, EVCO, and brainchild vit/min. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! I remember having to give her 5 different things just for yeast.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Tanya,
That is important that you've realized to go slow and easy with your son. How old is he? What are you trying with supplements? I used to have to get a ton down dd everyday esp. for yeast, but now she's down to NCD, glutathione, CLO, BO, EVCO, and brainchild vit/min. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! I remember having to give her 5 different things just for yeast.
Hi Moneca,
He's 22 mos old now. I guess we started the supps back when he was about 14 mos old--the same time I figured out (with some help--we've got a HCP who seems pretty knowledgeable about mercury, as far as I can tell) that my health problems were mercury-related.

I'm giving him (oh, I found a new way he'll take them, so that's back to going smoothly--it was so stressful for a while): multi, vitC, zinc, magnesium, B-complex w lots of B6, sublingual B12, and melatonin from my HCP, and I added in HVCLO and Thorne K2. He doesn't have digestive issues, so I've never had to deal with yeast or things like that.

His head-banging stopped when his daily vitC got down to about 4g, and although it went up again just before I weaned, he hasn't started the head-banging again. But my HCP recommends getting the vitC need back down and stable before starting ALA.

Any thoughts/suggestions/lessons learned are more than welcome. Although I've got a HCP I have a fair amount of confidence in, and everything she's recommended has seemed reasonable after I've done more reading, this still seems like an area where there's so much to learn and so many different individual experiences that I feel like I can never know enough.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn View Post
I'm considering giving my just-turned-two-year-old NCD to see if it helps her with her digestive problems, food intolerances, and food chemical sensitivities. It's very possible that she has some mercury toxicity as I have several amalgams and was fully vaccinated, but she probably will never be tested as DH is very very skeptical of any type of natural medicine/healing. I was wondering if anyone has any idea if there's much of a difference between Waoria's (sp?) Natural Cellular Defense and other types of liquid zeolite sold on eBay (for 1/3 to 1/4 of the price).

Also, is there a recommended dosing schedule for a 25 lb child?
Valerie,
I don't know anything about the other zeolites offered on the market. Perhaps ask on the autism NCD yahoo group.
If you start your daughter on NCD I wouldn't give her more than one drop the first few days. Watch how she does with this for at least 3 days before advancing her further and do so very slowly. I started Sierra (who was almost 3 and about 31 pounds) at 1 drop in the am and 1 in the afternoon. I was fortunate that she tolerated this well but would only start with one per day if I did it over. Here is the dosing for NCD of Brainchild Nutritionals, but a lot of people go higher if their child can tolerate :

http://brainchildnutritionals.com/Zeolitex.html

That does not give you specifics for weight, but can perhaps give you an idea. Dr. Hanshew told me it was fine to give Sierra 15 drops 3x per day, but I used my judgement instead and went back to 10 3x per day. Watch for signs of zinc depletion as some children show this. I had to put Sierra on Brainchild's zinc and that took care of our issue.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMommy View Post
subbing

We're starting chelation for my 6 y.o. 1st week of Jan. We did the blood tests and will do the urine test (6 & 24 hours) this weekend. As soon as the dr. reviews the results, we'll get him started.

We did have a NAET treatment for mercury this week as our dr suggested that would help ease his discomfort during the process.

We see *no* obvious signs but he has terrible summer allergies so we're trying to eliminate as many variables/stresses to his immune system as poss. He did an ionic foot soak this summer and she was shocked at how high his metals were. His younger bro. had almost NONE.

So I'll be watching this thread w/interest. Thanks
Busymommy,
How is the chelation going and what program are you using? We ended up starting NAET treatments augmented by acupuncture this fall and that was the way to go for Sierra since she wouldn't tolerate ALA- I'll write more later.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Need Some Advice...
I am soo overwhelmed and really need some insight. My 20 month old is elevated in some areas (aluminum, arsenic, antimony, cadmium, tin, and some others), and although I wish I could deal with this on my own, I can't. I have my own issues and need a professional to help me with hers.
I am wondering what questions I should ask when trying to find someone to help me, who I should look for (D.O., ND, MD, etc), what other tests they should do, and anything else that can I can ask to make sure I have someone good.
If anyone has a referral in Southern California I would really appreciate it.
Here's a copy of her test results in case it helps.

[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rsHairTest.jpg[/IMG]
Shannyshan,
Your dd's test shows that she is excreting metals instead of storing them which is good. My dd's hair test didn't show excretion because she was storing the metals. The only way to know from a hair test whether there is mercury toxicity is to apply Andy Cutler's counting rules. Have you done this yet?
Various practitioners will have different ways to chelate and these may not be safe or effective methods. If you haven't applied counting rules to the hair test I would do that first and then seek out help.
If you scroll down just a bit on the following page you will see Cutler's counting rules :

http://onibasu.com/archives/am/28183.html
Old 02-29-2008, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saving_grace View Post
Hi Ladies,
I used to lurk on this thread quite often and was in the process of removing 8 amalgams and using NCD/Vit C/Liver Life to help myself detox when I ran out of $$ to finish removing the last 2 fillings. I continued taking my supplements but not religiously. Its been almost a year since I had the last amalgam removed and I've found myself unexpectedly pg with my 2nd child. I am concerned about not having a chance to chelate before getting pg and am wondering if continuing to take a low dose of NCD would be beneficial at all. The waiora website just says to ask my doctor before taking it while pg but I'm quite sure my doctor has no idea what NCD or liquid zeolite is. So I'm asking you ladies for advice. Is NCD safe during pg? What about Liver Life?
Thanks!
Waiora claims that NCD is safe during pregnancy because it does not chelate (actually pull the mercury out with a claw action, but surrounds with a honeycomb shape like a soccer ball that passes out of the body through urine and feces). My experience (including our urine tox panels) would indicate that NCD only removes metals from the plasma (extracellular), but that is in direct contradiction to what experts like Dr. Hanshew state. She does indicate that it pulls metals from cells. I believe that experts that speak for Waiora claim the same thing, but I'm not 100%.
The thing you don't want to do if prego or bf is to mobilize the mercury because that increases the exposure to the fetus thus increasing the amount of mercury the fetus will absorb. Even [U]IF[U] NCD only pulls from the plasma then by Cutler's premise that mercury dumps from the organs by passive diffusion through the cell membrane once plasma mercury levels are lower than intracellular mercury levels you could have issues of increased mobilization. So, just removing it from the blood would cause the organs to release more into the blood.
Liverlife cleanses the liver and helps it to function better which shouldl improve the body's detox pathways to some extent.
It's a really hard call when you're pregnant having already removed amalgams and done some detox. I wish I had an answer for you.

User Tag List