Chelating mamas? - Page 29 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#841 of 850 Old 04-25-2011, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've just found all kinds of threads answering alot of my questions.  Guess I should have kept on reading.

#842 of 850 Old 05-13-2011, 11:58 AM

I bought a couple bottles of Now Brand sodium ascorbate late last summer while we all had Pertussis and then I began to wonder about GMOs so I called the company & the C comes from corn which is NOT GMO-free. Since at least 90% of corn in the US is GMO, I feel like it must be GMO. :(

Has anyone found a GMO-free powdered SA that comes in big bulk containers?

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#843 of 850 Old 05-13-2011, 12:28 PM

I remember someone in the health and healing forum mention where they were ordering from.  I think if you search sodium ascorbate you should find that post.  I can't remember who it was that found a brand that was free of GMO.  Don't know if it was bulk though.

#844 of 850 Old 05-14-2011, 09:48 PM

Taking a screen shot of my book off Google.com and distributing it does violate my copyright and I would appreciate your not doing that, to say the least.

I would appreciate it if anyone who has received a screen shot or shots of my book off google.com would forward it to me - I'd like to talk to Google who pretends this kind of thing doesn't happen.

As far as the sales tax issue, sorry I didn't email, I do try to do that routinely.  The state collects sales tax from me for shipping anything in Washington so I do appreciate people remitting it even if Amazon.com's marketplace software isn't sharp enough to pick up that there is tax due.  The state is a lot sharper and picks it up just fine.

Andy Cutler

PS I don't lurk on this list, people who are interested in detoxing themselves or their kids for mercury may find the yahoo groups below interesting:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Autism-Mercury/messages

and

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/frequent-dose-chelation/messages

#845 of 850 Old 05-15-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post

I bought a couple bottles of Now Brand sodium ascorbate late last summer while we all had Pertussis and then I began to wonder about GMOs so I called the company & the C comes from corn which is NOT GMO-free. Since at least 90% of corn in the US is GMO, I feel like it must be GMO. :(

Has anyone found a GMO-free powdered SA that comes in big bulk containers?

I buy the NutriBiotic brand for this reason.  It is GMO-free and comes in a 16 oz. container.  I get mine at iHerb.

#846 of 850 Old 08-07-2011, 07:24 PM

Just bumping to say that I'm going on round 4 of DMPS starting tomorrow. It's definitely doing something.

Kim sewmachine.gif mama to DS autismribbon.gifreading.gifblahblah.gif12/2005, Pepper kitty cat.gif, and angel1.gif 10/03, angel1.gif 1/05; homeschool.gif

#847 of 850 Old 01-06-2012, 05:59 AM

Chelation Summary and 1-Year Update

After 5 rounds of Cutler-style chelation: first 2 rounds were testing a transdermal form of DMPS, while the last 3 rounds were oral DMPS, 2 mg, 4 mg, then 5 mg, with 7 "ON" days at a time. Note that these are fairly low oral doses of DMPS done for a longer "ON" time than Cutler suggests.

Note that the last chelation round was almost 2 months before this hair test was performed. My hair grows fast, so likely any hair areas growing out during active chelation were not included in the hair sample.

This year's hair test (after 5 rounds), compared to last year's hair test (before chelating, but after amalgams removed):
(I'm just showing the toxic elements here, not doing the Cutler counting rules on the essential elements.)

Aluminum: down from 4.1 to 1.9 (good!)
Antimony: (not an issue)
Arsenic: down a bit from 0.029 to 0.027 (not significant)
Barium: down from 0.34 to 0.24
Beryllium: (not an issue)
Bismuth: down from 0.035 to 0.002
Cadmium: down from 0.026 to < 0.009 (wow! - significant)
Lead: down from 0.37 to 0.15 (good!)
Mercury: down from 0.34 to 0.06 (also significant)
Platinum,
Thallium,
Thorium: (not an issue)
Uranium: 0.014 down to 0.003 (significant)
Nickel: up from 0.12 to 0.22 (uh oh, I've been eating chocolate)
Silver: down from 0.02 to < 0.006
Tin: down from 0.05 to < 0.02
Titanium: down from 0.46 to 0.34

Additionally, the “Total Toxic Representation” has been cut in half from the test done one year ago.

In summary, the DMPS lowered all except two of the toxic elements showing up in the hair. The most toxic elements were lowered significantly. The two it didn't seem to affect are: arsenic (must use DMSA or ALA for that) and nickel (not sure if DMPS affected this, but it was likely raised by my eating chocolate recently).

It may be noted that the toxic elements showing up in the hair indicate what the body is excreting. It may not indicate a true body burden of these elements. However, if the body is excreting less into the hair, that means there must be less circulating around the body now to be excreted. That must be a good thing.

Next up: Adding ALA to the DMPS regimen.

Kim sewmachine.gif mama to DS autismribbon.gifreading.gifblahblah.gif12/2005, Pepper kitty cat.gif, and angel1.gif 10/03, angel1.gif 1/05; homeschool.gif

#848 of 850 Old 09-21-2012, 04:20 PM

Hi! I saw that you mentioned having your amalgam fillings removed by a dentist outside of Manhattan. I live near NYC and would love to find a qualified dentist for this! (I have 4 fillings and an autoimmune disease & a young son w/developmental delays due to mercury toxicity) Can you share his/her name & info? Thank you!
#849 of 850 Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 AM

Does anyone on here have any info about mercury and chelating with tattoos? I want to get amalgams removed, and then chelate. My concern is 4 tattoos, and have no idea whether they have trace amounts of mercury or not. Can I still do chelation having tattoos that may or may not contain trace amounts of mercury? Thanks for any info..

DS 5-11-06
#850 of 850 Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 AM

Update: Amalgams taken out about 2 years ago. Been chelating very slowly for the past 1.5 years. I've done a total of 11 rounds with DMPS and more recently 21 rounds with ALA (4 rounds were shared with DMPS and ALA together). I've been doing the ALA rounds for the past 9 months. Since doing the ALA, I've been feeling so much better! I still have more to clean out, but feeling better already.

-Inflammation is down
-No more skin rashes
-No continuous sinus issues
-Energy level is up
-Sleeping better at night
-Monthly cycle is more regular now (only a 3-day variation every month over the past 2 years, instead of the 7-day variation before I had the amalgams removed)
-Not getting the hypoglycemia any more
-My thinking is much clearer
-Able to multitask better
-Not getting the visual overwhelm like I used to, but I still think this could be improved even more
-Easier to have a positive attitude
-I haven't seen my von Willebrand's bleeding problem show up in the past 2 years, but I won't declare a victory on this until it goes 5-10 years with no issues

Summary: Improvements in inflammation, hormonal issues, and brain function.

I've also been chelating my DS and he's doing better, too. Still need more clean out on him as well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page