Chelating mamas? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 850 Old 06-28-2006, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toraji
Ok, so DH claims that I've been more addled since I started chelating. Well, I think I have been having more problems with my thought processes lately, getting confused more easily. Hopefully the ALA fixes it!
Not surprising because you're mobilizing the mercury. I know you removed all your fillings before chelating, but was there something about a root canal too? I can't remember:.
#62 of 850 Old 06-30-2006, 02:06 AM

I have a front tooth that has a root canal. Luckily there is no mercury in it, though it may have some cadmium. But I decided against pulling it since I did not want to risk a cavitation.
#63 of 850 Old 07-03-2006, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Toraji - O.K. I couldn't remember.

Well, I finally tried the pack Friday morning. I did an increased round of
50 DMSA/50 ALA M,T,W, and just DMSA for 24 hours finishing with my last dose Friday at 5am. No problems except my cold from the week before had
vanished except for a slight sore throat that lingered and was worse
upon waking this morning. I was feeling kind of crappy and thought I
was getting sick again! I tried my first castor oil pack for an hour.
About 15 minutes after removing the pack I noticed that the sore throat
and general crappy feeling associated with an oncoming cold virus were
gone! I didn't do anything else differently. I've read that the oil is
absorbed into your lymphatic system and thus increase your immunity. Wonderful and wild. Here is a link to explain this a little better :

http://eregimens.com/therapies/Diet/.../CastorOil.htm

I received dd's hair test results from DDI. I was so nervous to open the envelope thinking that she would probably not be excreting mercury and have deranged mineral like I did, but I wouldn't have any way to chelate her. Her stoamach does not function well and solid food will come back up undigested 10 ours after consuming it. I could never safely chelate her. I had a wonderful surprise. She did not meet any of the counting rules. Her minerals actually looked pretty good and her ca and mg were both midway through the green to the right of the 50th percentile! Her malnutrition and weight loss have me so worried that this calmed so many fears. Go nutrient dense foods:. I'll never complain again while making 24 hour raw yoghurt or bone broth.
I am concerned about the number of toxic elements that showed up, but thankful that she is excreting them. Mid to high green for arsenic, bismuth, uranium, nickel, and titanium. Low to mid yellow for aluminum, antimony, cadmium, mercury, and silver. Mid to high yellow for Lead and tin.. My womb must be a toxic dump. Of course she did get all the vaccines through 6 months too. She is only 2 1/2 yo. How can she have so much. Her selenium and zinc were low so I've started her on those and will continue with the chiro/energy worker and glyconutrients as she gained a pound again last month and grew almost and inch! The cracking in her joints is also much better. Any other suggestions?
#64 of 850 Old 07-09-2006, 03:58 PM

Moneca-
Sorry to hear about all of your DD's toxicities. I'm still scared to get a test for my DD. A person I know is doing NDF for heavy metal detox, and she did it on her children and saw a lot of improvements with them after some massive dieoff symptoms I think.

I am starting 50 mg DMSA this week. Crossing my fingers!

How did you decide when it was ok to start the ALA? I have mine on order. Is there a particular brand that is better than others? I got the Source Naturals tablets from papanature.com though I had a hard time choosing between that and the Twinlabs.

I did a castor oil pack on both DD and me, and the next day we were really grumpy. DH remains skeptic, though I'm still trying it out to see if it helps any.

I started a lithium orotate supplement and noticed a definite improvement in my mood swings. I was way, way low on my hair test.
#65 of 850 Old 07-09-2006, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Moneca-
Sorry to hear about all of your DD's toxicities. I'm still scared to get a test for my DD. A person I know is doing NDF for heavy metal detox, and she did it on her children and saw a lot of improvements with them after some massive dieoff symptoms I think.

I am starting 50 mg DMSA this week. Crossing my fingers!

How did you decide when it was ok to start the ALA? I have mine on order. Is there a particular brand that is better than others? I got the Source Naturals tablets from papanature.com though I had a hard time choosing between that and the Twinlabs.

I did a castor oil pack on both DD and me, and the next day we were really grumpy. DH remains skeptic, though I'm still trying it out to see if it helps any.

I started a lithium orotate supplement and noticed a definite improvement in my mood swings. I was way, way low on my hair test.
I think it was Jane who gave me a link to some horror stories associated with the NDF. I'm glad that your friend's kid is o.k and having improvements. I hope you have a good few weeks with 50mg. I had trouble with that amount the second week and had to go back down to 25mg. Hopefully you will sail through. I got some advice from the yahoo group as far as starting the ALA. It had been about 5 months since my last filling was removed so I did the DMSA for 4 rounds and then started at 25 DMSA/25 ALA and kept that for four weeks. I'd stay with the 50 for at least 3-4 weeks before adding anything else. How long has it been since your last filling was removed?
Interesting that you were both grumpy after the castor oil pack. Keep posting on how that is coming along. If it helps detox a liver and improve lymphatics I wonder if you could be having some die off? Hmmm.
I ordered my ALA initially from DR. Schmid who was a WP naturopath who I saw in CT when we lived in NYC. After receiving it I realized that there were too many other things added in (I think ca ascorbate was one) and I returned it. People on yahoo use Kirkman's with good results and I do like their company so that is the product I've been using. My biggest worry was ending up with a weak product that would not give me all the chelating power I needed.
Now, for a positive change: I've had gut issues for the past 2 or 3 years. I never had pain, bloating, or any issues other than all food with fiber coming out undigested in mushy stool. I was on strict SCD for 4 months and never saw a change (sorry Jane). I've been on NT eating for 9 months and still no change. I tested myself a couple months ago with my (sorry TMI) bean and tomato chili since there is almost no change between the entrance and exit. Still wasn't digesting despite faithfully adding ACV before meals. I was believing that this wouldn't get better until the mercury was removed as this problem started as my mercury toxicity began showing itself. Well, I just finished my 6th round using ALA/DMSA and can happily report that for the last three weeks everything has been formed with very few pieces of undigested fiberous foods. Even tested the chili last week and could not believe how normal looking everything was. Just amazing!
#66 of 850 Old 07-10-2006, 11:34 AM

This is perhaps a bit off topic but I thought I'd try here first. My dentist just called and he can fit me in to remove the last 2 quadrants of fillings today... I thought I had another 2 weeks to figure out how to begin chelating...

I had emailed an NP who is also a DAN doctor, she claimed that DMSA/Cutler's method was too strong and that homeopathy/herbs/etc. were a gentler way to chelate. Ever heard of this?

Also, she is a DAN doctor, there are other DAN doctors in my area that are also MDs. Does that make a difference? I'm trying to chelate myself (as opposed to my children/don't have any yet) and just haven't heard of DAN doctors chelating anyone but kids. Any experience here?

Thanks for your thoughts.
#67 of 850 Old 07-10-2006, 02:01 PM

We are using the DMSA/Cutler method for ds, and at no time have I felt like it was too strong. We do not live near a classically trained naturopath. The naturopaths I have spoken with online, say that naturopathy works, by aligning the body so that the body can detox itself. It is a slower and gentler process than chelation. The naturopath told me that some people need chelation and naturopathy combined. Both treatments could compliment each other. I would just love to have our family seen by a naturopath, but we would all have to drive about twelve hours, and it would cost $300 x 7, $2,100, just for the initial visit.

We purchased a sauna for detox a year ago, a 4 or 5 man Heavenly Heat, and then found out that we feel sick when we sauna. Andy Cutler says this is because mercury toxic people are heat intolerant. Since learning this, I have become aware that when we go outside in the heat, we get really sick. My children just cannot do heat very well. I was thinking that we could chelate, one of us at a time, then after chelation, we wouldn't be mercury toxic anymore, and the heat intolerance would go away enough to use the sauna. This would take years and years since we can only afford to chelate one of us at a time.

Lately, I have been thinking that maybe we could sell the sauna to travel to a naturopath. I don't know how to decide whether or not to keep the sauna.

We were spending about $500 a month on chelation for one son. It makes more economic sense for us to save up $2,100 plus travel expenses to get the entire family seen by a classically trained naturopath, where everyone could begin the slow process of chelation. Then, we could continue with the expense of chelating each of us with the Cutler method, one at a time, as we could afford it.

On top of all of this, we are still not finished with a remodeling project which needs to be completed if we have to sell our home because of an intermodal.

I quit buying chelators and supplements for our son, because I quit two of my pt time jobs to fight the intermodal (a heavy industrialized area) they want to put near our home. I figure what would be the use of chelating when some big polluting industry is built by our home? We kind of have to switch gears and fight the intermodal now.

Does anyone have any experience with what might happen if you quit chelating after 5 months? We have seen some awesome gains, and we don't want to lose those gains. I am almost out of dmsa. I have four or five bottles of Ala left and most of the powdered supplements to last months and months. I think I have enough to chelate with ala only for at least a couple months, and by that time I could get another pt time job if the intermodal fight slows. If we have to continue fighting the intermodal, then that kind of has to come before chelating.

We just started the SCD diet, so hopefully that raises our nutrient levels.
#68 of 850 Old 07-10-2006, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingPong'sMom
This is perhaps a bit off topic but I thought I'd try here first. My dentist just called and he can fit me in to remove the last 2 quadrants of fillings today... I thought I had another 2 weeks to figure out how to begin chelating...

I had emailed an NP who is also a DAN doctor, she claimed that DMSA/Cutler's method was too strong and that homeopathy/herbs/etc. were a gentler way to chelate. Ever heard of this?

Also, she is a DAN doctor, there are other DAN doctors in my area that are also MDs. Does that make a difference? I'm trying to chelate myself (as opposed to my children/don't have any yet) and just haven't heard of DAN doctors chelating anyone but kids. Any experience here?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Hi. It is very confusing out there with so many options. While I do want to chelate as quickly as possible, I want to be safe to prevent fruther damage. First, I would be very careful with removing 2 quadrants in one day. I removed one quadrant per month (never more than two fillings in a quadrant). I actually had a DMSA challenge with my naturopath before I read Cutler's book and understood how dangerous this could be. I would read Cutler's bookAmalgam Illness : Diagnosis and Treatment before deciding on any type of treatment. You can purchase his book at www.noamalgam.com I would ask the ND to provide you with research regarding homeopathy or herbs actually chelating mercury out of brain/organs and out of the body. I've found that having DAN credentials doesn't necessarily mean that you're safe.
#69 of 850 Old 07-10-2006, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

BB - I'm sorry that you're having to deal with the intermodal and stop chelation just to fight it. You've made such awesome gains. I have no clue about what happens to those gains if you stop, but I bet someone on the yahoo group or the autism mercury yahoo group would know. I hope that you defeat this intermodal quickly so that you can get back on track with your good progress.
#70 of 850 Old 07-10-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneca
I would ask the ND to provide you with research regarding homeopathy or herbs actually chelating mercury out of brain/organs and out of the body. I've found that having DAN credentials doesn't necessarily mean that you're safe.
:

I would definitely go more towards homeopathy that has standard well studied protocols of healing than herbs, where we really don't have hardly any data on. The problem with herbs is that if you don't know the exact mechanism, you don't know a therapeutic dosage. Which is very important as to timing of taking a chelator. If you overwhelm the body's detox pathways, more metals just end up in the brain.

Being a DAN dr. means that they have attended at least one DAN conference and ask that their name be registered on the website. That's it. No training. No standardization. The DAN protocol does not at all include herbs or homeopathy as far as I understand it.

This is the DAN protocol book:
Autism: Effective Biomedical Treatments, by Jon B. Pangborn, Ph.D. and Sidney M. Baker, M.D.
http://www.autismwebsite.com/ari/pub/pubs.htm
#71 of 850 Old 07-10-2006, 05:03 PM

BB,

I hope this doesn't offend, but what about setting up an MDC Family Community Outreach to help you? I feel so sad that circumstances mean you have to stop this amazing progress. And angry that this will take another 50 years for mainstream medicine/ins. companies to recognize!!!
#72 of 850 Old 07-10-2006, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Well, I just finished my 6th round using ALA/DMSA and can happily report that for the last three weeks everything has been formed with very few pieces of undigested fiberous foods. Even tested the chili last week and could not believe how normal looking everything was. Just amazing!
WOW! That's awesome! Don't at all apologize about the SCD. It's been a total bust for my DS, but I simply don't know what else to feed him.

That's amazing, especially since the word is supposedly that chelation makes gut problems worse by increasing pathogens... but then improves after the metals are out.
#73 of 850 Old 07-10-2006, 09:49 PM

I would seriously sell the sauna before I asked for help...because...it is just sitting there not being used. I am thinking the intermodal fight might only need me for another month (this might be wishful thinking-its our first big political fight). Things are going really fast with the fight. There is going to be major things happening within this next month that could make the intermodal people give up and forget our town. We are not going to give up chelating ds if at all possible. I mean I said I was going to...but as I run out of things...I can't bring myself to do it. I can't stop when I see how well he is doing. He did go five weeks in between rounds this last time which is the longest that he has gone. He went over to his friends for several weeks right when he should have been doing a round. He arrived at home, and went on a strike the first couple weeks when he found out the only food here was SCD and he refused to take his supplements. He's back to taking supplements again. I still have a lot of supplements left.

I am thinking it is all going to work out where the intermodal fight will be over, I'll go back to working pt, and in the meantime I will have enough supplements....it is going to be close, but that's what I'm hoping. I have several items in bulk powder. I have to get out everything and see this week when I fill his pill minder. I'll probably have to ask the aut merc group what to do about this...which is so hard to do.
#74 of 850 Old 07-12-2006, 03:47 PM

Just wanted to mention I'm reading Jacqulyn McCandless' book "Children with Starving Brains" and she mentions malic acid as being a good chelator of aluminum, just FYI.
#75 of 850 Old 07-13-2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
How long has it been since your last filling was removed?
March 21 was the date of my last removal. So far the 50 mg has been going well, had another headache last night but doing ok today. My allergies have been really bad lately though.

Congrats on your digestive improvements! In the Yahoo Autism-Mercury group there is a paper in the files section that talks about how mercury inhibits the enzymes needed to digest gluten and casein...makes sense that it would cause other digestive problems as well.

BB: hugs. Hope you beat them down! We're trying to fight development here too, though we're only fighting big box stores and not anything on such a massive scale like it sounds like you're doing.
#76 of 850 Old 07-23-2006, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Well, just finished my 4th round of DMSA 50/ALA 50. Never had a single problem. I did 24 hours of DMSA at the end of each round and 1-2 castor oil packs while off round with I think helped with the off round symptoms. Monday I will begin 75/75 for at least 4 weeks. Wow, this really gets expensive as you increase! Well worth every penny.

Toraji - glad to hear 50 is going so well!
#77 of 850 Old 07-24-2006, 09:52 PM

I just started my first round of 25/25 ALA and DMSA yesterday morning. Yesterday went pretty well, though today....

I felt nauseated this morning and couldn't eat breakfast.

Then later on, I got in a big disagreement with DH and was emotionally wrecked for much longer than I needed to be.

I'm thinking this is pretty good confirmation that mercury is being moved out of my brain, since my last round of DMSA at 50mg didn't feel like anything happened, no problems that seemed out of the ordinary.

I'm feeling fine now, though a bit tired.
#78 of 850 Old 07-25-2006, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm feeling fine now, though a bit tired.
You know, I didn't even pay attention to my energy level until you posted this. I think I was attributing my lack of energy to the wonderful Oklahoma frying pan heatwave. After thinking back, the first week on each new increase since starting ALA I have been dead tired (not my norm at all). Last week we hit blessed 110 deg. (with 6 days in a row being 104 or higher), but I had loads of energy and it was my 4th week of 50/50. Today I was drained and wanting a nap and it's my first 75/75. The second week I feel a bit drained, but not as bad as the first. Interesting...
#79 of 850 Old 07-30-2006, 10:22 PM

Hi mamas,
I lurk here every now and then because I think I may be chelating dd2 soon and will definitely do myself once she weans.

DD is, according to AC's counting rules, mercury toxic.

Is there any way to chelate using diet and supplements alone? I know this helps, and prepares the body for the chelation process, but do I *have* to use a chelating agent?

BTW, we have a DAN doc appt. to discuss this but it's not until mid OCtober.
#80 of 850 Old 07-30-2006, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate
Hi mamas,
I lurk here every now and then because I think I may be chelating dd2 soon and will definitely do myself once she weans.

DD is, according to AC's counting rules, mercury toxic.

Is there any way to chelate using diet and supplements alone? I know this helps, and prepares the body for the chelation process, but do I *have* to use a chelating agent?

BTW, we have a DAN doc appt. to discuss this but it's not until mid OCtober.
From your siggy it looks like dd2 is just over a year old. I would not try to chelate her on your own (not sure if that is what you meant above). I would go to the yahoo mercury autism group and ask them to suggest someone who uses Cutler's protocol in your area. Maybe the DAN dr. you're seeing would be willing to read Cutler's book and conference with him on your dd.
There are natural chelators out there and NDs who will promise you that they work. These can be dangerous because they could cause a redistribution of mercury (mercury has the highest affinity for the brain and liver). You could end up being in a much worse neurological state than you were in to start with.
I would suggest buying Cutler's book @ www.noamalgam.com Costs $35.00. He covers the different natural treatments and their dangers along with the problems using DMSA/DMPS/ALA with inappropriate schedules and dosing. I would read this before your appt. with the DAN dr. so that you can go in being informed. You will also have a leg to stand on if he want to use a protocol that is dangerous. Take the book with you to the appt.
Andy says in his book that removing the amalgams declares a truce, but DMSA/DMPS and ALA must be used to get the mercury out of your body. I believe a nutrient dense diet has helped make this much easier for me than it would have been otherwise. My diet consists of many sulfur rich foods (milk, meat, dairy, eggs, onions, and garlic) that Andy suggests avoiding while chelating, but I've had no problem. Everything depends on your toxicity level. Thank goodness I seem to be mildly toxic. What kind of issues are you and dd having that you think are due to mercury?
#81 of 850 Old 07-31-2006, 10:00 AM

Yes, I've read 2 of Andy's books (well, perused them really) and visit his site from time to time.

I've also been reading on the chelatingkids2 yahoo group (some of these people do not follow A.C's protocol) and so now I'm confused by all the different options!

DD has had the *classic* signs that ASD kids exhibit. Gastro problems, sleep issues, wheat allergy, some stimming behaviors, etc...

Had her hair tested and yep, that's the problem. Luckily I stopped vaxing her at 6 mos.

I assume the DAN doc follows AC's protocol b/c a mama on Andy's site recommended this doc.

I guess I'll have to reread the book before I talk w/him.

I jsut sent off another hair test for dd to see what difference (if any) her change of diet and supplements have made.

I am not having any issues myself (that I notice right now). Truthfully, if I am I wouldn't notice as I'm putting ALL my energy into *fixing* dd2 (and dd1 too.)

What do the sulfur rich foods do to the body during chelation?
#82 of 850 Old 07-31-2006, 09:26 PM

I thought it depended on how your body processes sulfur? Some people do great and some are very sensitive? Sulfur binds with mercury. For someone whose detox pathways work, this is a good thing. For someone whose pathways don't, not at all. It's been a while since I've read this stuff though...
#83 of 850 Old 08-01-2006, 01:45 PM

I'm starting here because I know the yahoo group is very pro-Andy Cutler (not that this group isn't but I feel may be a different well rounded), and not that I don't trust his research but well, anyway (family crisiseseses so I can't think straight).

Flipping through his book/read in the past that a challenge test is bad. Can't find the info. My NP wants me to do a Doctor's Data urine test: day 1: first urine of day discard, then pee all day and test it for baseline... then day 2: first urine of day is discarded, then take 1000mg of (among other ingredients) DMSA, then pee for 6 hours, test those 6 hours of urine for how much metal is in my urine. Is that the challenge test I am supposed to avoid? My NP is willing to do a hair test but she claims that it tests for already mobilized metal (not stored metal) and only shows evidence of one type of mercury and not the other. What is the bad thing about the challenge test? Is it that it mobilizes mercury but doesn't keep it from resettling back into organs? I brought that up and she said that the kidneys will pull it out... but I thought I read something about before it gets to the kidneys is when it re-settles into organs... Augh. I can't find the info. Help!
#84 of 850 Old 08-01-2006, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS
I thought it depended on how your body processes sulfur? Some people do great and some are very sensitive? Sulfur binds with mercury. For someone whose detox pathways work, this is a good thing. For someone whose pathways don't, not at all. It's been a while since I've read this stuff though...
Correct. Andy lists sulfur foods in the appendix. Some practicioners actually suggest diets that are high in sulfur foods to chelate. He advises against this in Amalgam Illness stating that it can be harmful p 89-90. He discusses diet starting on p. 69.
#85 of 850 Old 08-01-2006, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm starting here because I know the yahoo group is very pro-Andy Cutler (not that this group isn't but I feel may be a different well rounded), and not that I don't trust his research but well, anyway (family crisiseseses so I can't think straight).

Flipping through his book/read in the past that a challenge test is bad. Can't find the info. My NP wants me to do a Doctor's Data urine test: day 1: first urine of day discard, then pee all day and test it for baseline... then day 2: first urine of day is discarded, then take 1000mg of (among other ingredients) DMSA, then pee for 6 hours, test those 6 hours of urine for how much metal is in my urine. Is that the challenge test I am supposed to avoid? My NP is willing to do a hair test but she claims that it tests for already mobilized metal (not stored metal) and only shows evidence of one type of mercury and not the other. What is the bad thing about the challenge test? Is it that it mobilizes mercury but doesn't keep it from resettling back into organs? I brought that up and she said that the kidneys will pull it out... but I thought I read something about before it gets to the kidneys is when it re-settles into organs... Augh. I can't find the info. Help!
If you have Amalgam Illness Andy discusses challenge tests p 54, on the bottom of p 76-77, and 179-180. I trusted my ND and did a challenge test with 250 mg DMSA before I ever read the book. Had a slight headache and that was it. I was lucky. I only weigh 120 lbs. I don't know what would have happened if I had taken 1 gram as your NP is directing. The problem is that DMSA mobilizes the mercury and takes some out, but after that one dose a lot of mercury is left in your system. It redistributes and has the highest affinity for the brain and liver ! That is why people can harm themselves with challenge tests.
I looked at several chelators and talked to many individuals who had chelated before I read AI and decided on that protocol. It's a pain in the bootie to have to wake up every three hours to take the chelators, but I wanted a safe program. I also like the fact that Andy sells nothing but the books. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
#86 of 850 Old 08-02-2006, 11:54 AM

Thank you Moneca,

I read those pages and went back to what my NP wrote down. It's 100mg my NP wants me to take, not a full gram. And that sounds safe(er?) than 500mg+ as AI indicates is dangerous. Plus, it sounds like I can still do this challenge test but not take all the DMSA all at once. So I can still have a urine test as a baseline reading but do it in a safer way. Unless I read that wrong.

I also wanted to thank all the mommies on this board. I sat in my NP's office willing to discuss chelation. She brought out all the tests and, with your knowledge of challenge tests, I questioned her and actually declined buying the tests right then and there. They are sitting in her front office waiting for me if I want them but I left paying only the office fee and AI in hand. W/out the strong words of how bad the challenge tests are, I may have taken the test kits home and started them. So thank you for being all those mommies behind me in that doctor's office whispering, "Think about it, check it out first, it doesn't sound right yet."
#87 of 850 Old 08-03-2006, 08:11 PM

Someone posted somewhere in last several days ... or last week ... asked about a "natural" form of chelation, if it exists.

I think the only other one that makes sense is William Walsh's of the Pfieffer Treatment Center protocol: MT Promotion.
http://www.healing-arts.org/children/mtpromotion.htm
#88 of 850 Old 08-03-2006, 08:16 PM

Quote:
So I can still have a urine test as a baseline reading but do it in a safer way. Unless I read that wrong.
Yes but urine and blood testing for Hg only shows very recent exposure. If it's low that doesn't mean you aren't toxic. Only that you did not have a high exposure very recently. The body stores Hg in your organs.

Cutler does say there is a "safer" way to do a challenge, to divide the dosage and take it every 3-4 hrs., just like his method of chelation. But he doesn't believe in challenges meaning anything substantial and relies on the Hair Elements test for 16 metals and 23 minerals instead.
#89 of 850 Old 08-03-2006, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS
Someone posted somewhere in last several days ... or last week ... asked about a "natural" form of chelation, if it exists.

I think the only other one that makes sense is William Walsh's of the Pfieffer Treatment Center protocol: MT Promotion.
http://www.healing-arts.org/children/mtpromotion.htm
Interesting. I couldn't find anything that stated that zinc loading and MT removed mercury from the brain. Of course I didn't look at the 2500 articles that were mentioned. Did you find this in your reading Jane?
#90 of 850 Old 08-04-2006, 10:04 PM

Yes, MT does cross the BBB and does bind to Hg according to Walsh.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page