Chelating mamas? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-14-2007, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is taking chlorella a bad idea if you have amalgam fillings still in place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn View Post
Is taking chlorella a bad idea if you have amalgam fillings still in place?
Yes. It will pull the metals from the amalgams into your system (and into your b'milk). You should always wait until your amalgams are removed to chelate.

(Supposedly though, the NCD drops - - which technically aren't a chelator imo - - are safe to use if you have existing amalgams.)
Old 01-14-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Yes. It will pull the metals from the amalgams into your system (and into your b'milk). You should always wait until your amalgams are removed to chelate.

(Supposedly though, the NCD drops - - which technically aren't a chelator imo - - are safe to use if you have existing amalgams.)
I just sent you a PM, Annikate. I didn't know chlorella was a chelator. Is spirulina, also? What about other green foods like wheat grass juice powder? Why do I always find out these things right AFTER I spend a bunch of money on them! Arghhh!

Oh, and could I give DD chlorella or is it bad to give her something that could chelate without some sort of protocol to follow for safety's sake?

ETA: And is there anything I could take now to bind any mercury that's floating around in my system and keep it from getting into my BM?
Old 01-14-2007, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn View Post
I just sent you a PM, Annikate. I didn't know chlorella was a chelator. Is spirulina, also? What about other green foods like wheat grass juice powder? Why do I always find out these things right AFTER I spend a bunch of money on them! Arghhh!

Oh, and could I give DD chlorella or is it bad to give her something that could chelate without some sort of protocol to follow for safety's sake?

ETA: And is there anything I could take now to bind any mercury that's floating around in my system and keep it from getting into my BM?
My dentist (the one who is listed at iaomt.com) warns against chlorella, cilantro, and other herbs or *natural* chelators. He is very very informed and involved and keeps up to date.

I think lots of people know about the danger of mercury in your system, I just don't think many understand just *how* dangerous it is yk?

But . . . that's just mo.

I don't know about the spirulina or wheat grass powder.

Little story:
I used the detoxing foot pads many many months ago (MT suggested them on one of her threads) and tasted metal in my mouth all night long. They made my tongue swell and I had the strangest, most vivid dreams that night. Oh, and I only used one pad.

Now this is considered a *natural* form of detoxing, and some people don't even believe they work but I have NO doubt that they stirred up the metals in my body and therefore, I'm sure, some ended up in my b'milk.

I can't wait to get these things out of my mouth and I soooo wish I knew about all this before getting pg. the first time.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

JMO on NCD while bf or prego :

The claim by Waiora (company that makes NCD) that it is safe for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers really turned me off to the product for two months. I don't think I would have even looked at it again if dd had not started stuttering and I was not desperate to pull the mercury out. The basic concept of NCD is that it has a negative charge and an affinity for molecules of a certain size that have a strong positive charge. Mercury has the strongest positive charge of all the metals of 3+ and NCD is supposed to have the highest affinity for it over all other metals. The danger of increased mercury exposure while chelating is due to the mobilization of mercury while it travels through the body and the possibility of it being dropped (as with chlorella) and redistributed. With NCD it is supposed to be contained within the honeycomb like structure for its trip through the body. So there is decreased mobilization no doubt, but I just don't believe that there is no mobilization at all. I haven't seen any research from Waiora, Rick Deitch, or anyone else that would make me comfortable taking this product while pregnant for sure and I'm not sure about BF. I've seen other mamas from the yahoo group who believe in maternal transmission of toxins share the same concern about the saftey for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. Of course, each case is individual depending on the toxicity of the child and many other factors to consider, but I'd be very careful. I only know of one mama who took it while pregnant and IMO her child has some symptoms of mercury toxicity.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=caedmyn;7015388

ETA: And is there anything I could take now to bind any mercury that's floating around in my system and keep it from getting into my BM?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't give a little one anything that chelates esp. if they can't communicate well to tell you what is going on. According to Cutler chlorella has a problem with dropping the mercury before it gets out of the body and then it is redistributed with highest affinity being for the brain or liver. Also chlorella is known to cross the BBB like alpha lipoic acid. With ALA Culter cautions to never take it without first decreasing the plasma level of mercury with DMSA or DMPS for 2-6 months. If you have a higher mercury level in your plasma than in your brain taking this could cause mercury to flow to the area of less concentration which would be the brain.

The only thing you could use would be AMLA or SA. In Vitamin C Infectious Diseases, and Toxins the author has a chapter on mercury p. 279. He states that "vitamin C was highly clinically protective against the toxicity of mercury." Also later in the chapter he states " An increased level of mercury in the tissues is not nearly as important as whether the stored mercury is rendered relatively nontoxic in the process. Part of vitamin C's effective clinical neutralization of mercury may well involve mercury's storage in a much less toxic form due to its interaction with vitamin C."
Old 01-15-2007, 03:56 PM

ITA that the DMSA pulls minerals. I have noticed leg crampiness when I don't supplement minerals while chelating. Though what's really interesting is that I have less of that now, I am assuming because my mineral transport is getting better due to less mercury interfering with my body.

Do you think that the NCD is chelating more than the DMSA? I have also heard about NDF being really powerful, someone I heard about online had gone through the Cutler protocol and then started doing NDF, and noticed that she could not take very much as it was giving her a lot of mercury mobilization symptoms. (I don't know much more than that).

I did the liver flush off this site:
http://www.regaininghealthnaturally....er_Flush.shtml
they are the same people who run Wilderness Family Naturals, and the cleanse is similar to the CureZone cleanse. I usually fast the day before, only eating a fat-free breakfast and then just water the rest of the day. The epsom salt drink is a doozy. uuuugh.

I like Dr. Doris Rapp a lot...her allergy book really helped a friend of mine with her son who was out of control and has made a complete turnaround since they started eliminating his food allergens.

With my DD, it's really easy to not face chelating since she is relatively healthy and doing well, other than her anaphylactic allergies to nuts. So I worry about making things worse and meddling. She occasionally has bowel issues (constipation) and symptoms of poor digestion (gassiness), but I am going to tackle doing NAET first to see if that clears up the digestive issues and the nut allergies.

I am really interested in NCD, but will work through my supply of DMSA first as I still have 2 bottles of the stuff left. Links would be great!
Old 01-16-2007, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneca View Post
The only thing you could use would be AMLA or SA. In Vitamin C Infectious Diseases, and Toxins the author has a chapter on mercury p. 279. He states that "vitamin C was highly clinically protective against the toxicity of mercury." Also later in the chapter he states " An increased level of mercury in the tissues is not nearly as important as whether the stored mercury is rendered relatively nontoxic in the process. Part of vitamin C's effective clinical neutralization of mercury may well involve mercury's storage in a much less toxic form due to its interaction with vitamin C."

Also selenium.

Our holistic dietician also recommends your iodine levels be top notch. She likes Lugol's Solution and it's considered to be supportive of natural chelation by the body.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toraji View Post
Do you think that the NCD is chelating more than the DMSA? I have also heard about NDF being really powerful, someone I heard about online had gone through the Cutler protocol and then started doing NDF, and noticed that she could not take very much as it was giving her a lot of mercury mobilization symptoms. (I don't know much more than that).

I am really interested in NCD, but will work through my supply of DMSA first as I still have 2 bottles of the stuff left. Links would be great!
I'm not surprised that she had mobilization with the NDF. If I remember right the first ingredient listed is chlorella and Cutler says that that crosses the BBB and can release the mercury before exiting the body and redistribute.
I can't tell the difference when I am on and off round with the NCD and I could with the DMSA. The NCD is also a natural mineral zeolite and the only chemical I was taking was the DMSA which I loved getting rid of. I'm also just taking my normal food based supps like trace minerals, EVCO, CLO, pollen, and Dr. Ron's Ca. I was able to ditch all those synthetic supps that I needed with Cutler's program which felt wonderful to throw in the recycle bin. Actually I still have 2 bottles of DMSA that I'll just send you if you want them. PM me if you want them. The NCD ridding Sierra of stuttering in one week is what really sold me. She is on high dose now and doing awesome. I'm also giving her liverlife (well, we're both taking it) to help detox the liver and it's nice to not have to do the CO packs on her every night.
I understand what you're saying about not wanting to mess much with your dd. I would have never thought of going down this path if Sierra didn't have the health issues she did. I'm thankful for it though, because we're all finally on a good path to healing. I'm also grateful for so many truths I've found before I got much older and developed a chronic illness.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post

Also selenium.

Our holistic dietician also recommends your iodine levels be top notch. She likes Lugol's Solution and it's considered to be supportive of natural chelation by the body.
Jane - are you doing the Lugol's and did you do the belly patch to see if you're low?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:42 AM

Yes, I am low and DS is low. We did the patch test and am just treating it with patches of iodine now. They are staying longer so we must be tanking up. I'm doing kelp for now and thinking about Lugol's. Both of us do tons of sea salt but it's Redmond's and maybe Celtic is better for iodine issue? Also I need to read more about Wilson's Syndrome re: low body temp. and address this with Ped. Apparently if you have a low body temp your enzymes won't work well either.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes, I am low and DS is low. We did the patch test and am just treating it with patches of iodine now. They are staying longer so we must be tanking up. I'm doing kelp for now and thinking about Lugol's. Both of us do tons of sea salt but it's Redmond's and maybe Celtic is better for iodine issue? Also I need to read more about Wilson's Syndrome re: low body temp. and address this with Ped. Apparently if you have a low body temp your enzymes won't work well either.
O.k. I'm thankful Sierra runs a little hot. How many supplements are you taking now.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:12 PM

Yeah, well now I'm on Dr. Ron's liver capsules and I *love* them! My little energy pills.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

You must be doing Amanda's challenge from Traditional Foods. Sierra has been getting his organ delight for over a year. I'm glad to hear such a good report on the liver pills. Are you taking 6 per day or are you overdosing ? I might have to turn to those since I have yet to find a way to swallow more than one bite of beef or lamb liver. My dog loves when I try a new liver recipe because she gets all but that one bite.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:56 PM

I just started DH on NCD since he is still in the process of getting his amalgams out...is there a protocol for using this that you all are following? I just started him on 1 drop since it seemed like a good idea to ramp up. I started him on it yesterday, and he had a headache that day but it might have been a coincidence.

Also, if you are doing NCD with ALA, do you do the NCD 3 drops/3xday and the ALA every 3 hours? Would the same detox protocols apply as Cutler's recommendations (i.e. waiting until blood levels of mercury drop before starting the ALA)?

Whew! I will be SO glad when this is all over!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I just started DH on NCD since he is still in the process of getting his amalgams out...is there a protocol for using this that you all are following? I just started him on 1 drop since it seemed like a good idea to ramp up. I started him on it yesterday, and he had a headache that day but it might have been a coincidence.

Also, if you are doing NCD with ALA, do you do the NCD 3 drops/3xday and the ALA every 3 hours? Would the same detox protocols apply as Cutler's recommendations (i.e. waiting until blood levels of mercury drop before starting the ALA)?

Whew! I will be SO glad when this is all over!
I pm'd you back, but I'll post the NCD info here too. Adult dosage for NCD is 10 drops 3 times per day. This is what DH started on with a ha the first day and complaints of fatigue for a few days after that. Very sensitive kids on the spectrum start at 1 drop per day. 500 to 1000mg of vitamin C is suggested by some practicioners with each dose to increase the amount being absorbed. Just so you know - 60% of the NCD is excreted in the urine and 40% in the stool. Make sure he drinks enough water that his urine does not look concentrated. I drink a gallon per day, but that might be too much for most folks. Guidelines for the product say to drink 1/2 your weight in ounces as NCD causes dehydration.
I'm keeping the ALA on the Cutler schedule. With this I do 10 drops NCD at 8am, 2pm, and 8pm. I also place 5 drops in my overnight water glass for my 2am and 5am ALA doses so that I have a little bit of cleanup pull during the night.
ALA opens up the blood brain barrier (although with mercury toxicity it's already pretty porous) and the mercury will go to the place of lower mercury concentration whether that be the bloodstream or the brain. If it were me I would still do the NCD for a while after amalgams are removed to get down the plasma levels before starting ALA. There is not protocol for this and I'm just winging it trying to use common sense and what I've read. I did ask Dr. Hanshew about this during our consult. She said that it wouldn't hurt if I liked taking a supplement every three hours. She believes that the NCD will cross the BBB because it is so leaky in anyone with mercury toxicity. I have four bottles of ALA left and I'm going to finish them out (since it is a natural product and antioxident) which will take me to almost my year of chelation point and then just do NCD. I was hoping to be done after a year which will be start of April so we could ttc. I'll do one of her tox urine panels then and see what I'm pulling and look at the status of my remaining mercury toxicity symptoms.
I had asked Dr. Hanshew if mercury enters the ovum (I figured it did) and whether NCD got it out. Having one child with mercury toxicity medical issues has made me unreasonably nervous about doing this to another child although we wouldn't vax again. She said it did affect the ovum, but NCD should remove it from all cells. Her real interest was whether mercury altered the DNA in the ovum and in the sperm of toxic parents and that is one of the topics she hopes to research at the treatment facility/research complex she is overseeing in Belize (being built now).
Old 01-24-2007, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

I am going to do Hulda Clark's liver flush, but her's suggested to do a parasite and kidney cleanse before the liver flush. I'm on day 5 of the parasite cleanse right now. I almost didn't do one, but I love on dogs all the time and have done a bunch of camping where I just use one of those little hand pump camper's water filters to drink river and creek water. I figured I was a good candidate to have a parasite issue. I am usually very high energy - like swinging from my knees on the monkey bars when we go to the playground. The other mamas always look at me like I'm crazy and they don't even know I don't vax and drink raw milk - I'd be kicked out for sure . Anyway from day 2-4 I was so fatigued I didn't want to get up out of a chair or off the floor. She said the cleanse would cause some insomnia and that the yeast and bacteria inside the parasites would be released. I'm so glad I decided to do one. Dd and the dog are now on one too. I did a little research on parasites and mercury. I didn't find a lot, but consensus seems to be that those with mercury toxicity have parasite issues. Who knows - it could be more due to the fact that I've lived outdoors in the dirt since I was a kid and growing up didn't change anything.
Re liver assistance : I have been taking milk thistle or silymarin three times per day since April. About 3 months ago I started doing a topical liver castor oil pack that is supposed to detox the liver and stilmulate the immune system by acting on the lymph system. It seemed to help a little bit. When dd started the NCD she got horrible rashes and acne or her face and dark circles under her eyes after I ramped up the dose. I took this to mean that her liver was backed up and not able to handle the rate of detox she was at. I started her on the castor oil packs every night and the symptoms went away for the most part.
The NCD autism community uses a product called Liverlife that is composed of herbs and mushrooms in an alcohol tincture. They rave about it. It detoxes the liver, balances ph, improves liver function, improves the body's ability to absorb minerals, and improves pathways 1 and 2 of the liver detox pathways. You have to start really slow. It was amazing. I took her off the liver packs and just started her on the drops twice per day. Her skin looks awesome and I have some evidence that her utilization of minerals is improving. It also helped her sleeping. I'm taking the product also and like it. I cut out the milk thistle. You can find out more about it here :

www.bioray2000.com

Here is my cheapest find that I order from:

http://www.building-health.com/detox.html

If I had to do it all over again knowing what I know now I would :

1) start liverlife, high dose vitamin C, and selenium
2) start NCD
3) have amalgams removed
4) DMSA/ALA Cutler protocol (if one chooses this method of chelation instead of the NCD)
5) Parasite cleanse
6) liver flush
Old 01-25-2007, 02:32 AM

I'm glad I'm still reading here...

So it sounds like iodine and sa could help me and dd at this point.

I've done the patch test on both of us. It lasts 2-3 hours at best. I was doing patches of iodine on us pretty faithfully for a while but fell off the wagon. I need to get back to doing that again.

What is the best way to get vitamin C into dd? She won't touch the sa I make from AA and bs. We can't do any kind of smoothie. Is there something else I could use?

Oh and I just bought the liverlife based on your experiences and what I had read on another list about it.

Anyone know if all this could be connected to my bad gall bladder and potential ulcer?

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
Old 01-25-2007, 03:15 PM

:

I'm subbing to this thread now. I just had the first 2 of 8 amalgams removed today. They should be all gone by March. Can I start NCD now or is it better to wait until my amalgams are all gone? I'm in no rush.

What is ALA? I figured out what NCD was but I'm not sure about this ALA.

Thanks!

Kim
Old 01-25-2007, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyla View Post
I'm glad I'm still reading here...

So it sounds like iodine and sa could help me and dd at this point.

I've done the patch test on both of us. It lasts 2-3 hours at best. I was doing patches of iodine on us pretty faithfully for a while but fell off the wagon. I need to get back to doing that again.

What is the best way to get vitamin C into dd? She won't touch the sa I make from AA and bs. We can't do any kind of smoothie. Is there something else I could use?

Oh and I just bought the liverlife based on your experiences and what I had read on another list about it.

Anyone know if all this could be connected to my bad gall bladder and potential ulcer?
Patty,
I don't remember your history - if you have amalgams, but I'm guessing you do since you're on this thread. I visit HTG every once in a while just to see how the mamas are doing. Seems like you've tried a lot of dietary and supplemental interventions, but always come back to square one. This is what I did for two plus years with dd and myself. Things might help for a little bit, but it would all come back with only minimal improvement. For both of us the healing was not signifcant until we started removing the mercury. Mercury affects every cell in your body and could be the root cause of your gall bladder issues. Have you looked into gall bladder flushes - I'd try the liverlife first, but go slow? Yes, vit C and selenium would be the best way to neurtralize the mercury in your system since I think you're still BF and can't chelate while breastfeeding. DD just takes the AMLA mixed in a little water and rinsing afterwards since it stains the teeth. It's pretty bad, but she is beter on that than the SA.

Just for everyone's info - Bioray will send you a package on the liverlife including a small sample if you call and request. www.bioray2000.com
Old 01-25-2007, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbernet View Post
:

I'm subbing to this thread now. I just had the first 2 of 8 amalgams removed today. They should be all gone by March. Can I start NCD now or is it better to wait until my amalgams are all gone? I'm in no rush.

What is ALA? I figured out what NCD was but I'm not sure about this ALA.

Thanks!

Kim
Congrats on removing some of the amalgams. It is a long road, but worth it. Yes, start the NCD 10 drops three times per day with 500-1000mg of vitamin C per dose right away so that you can begin to decrease your load and prevent any more from being abosorbed into your brain or organs. Cheapest place to get is www.brainchildnutritonals.com Are you removing your amalgams by IAOMT protocol to minimize exposure? www.iaomt.com ALA is alpha lipoic acid which is an antioxidant that crosses the BBB (blood brain barrier) to allow mercury to be removed from the brain. Kicker is that if you have more mercury in the blood or plasma than in the brain the mercury will go to the place of least concentration which would be the brain. Andy Cutler's book Amalgam Illness has specific dosing instructions, but this should NOT be attempted until plasma levels are significantly reduced. His book says by 80%.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:35 PM

moneca, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all your info and support. I definitely would not have made it through without you (and everyone else here, too!).

Off to get some liverlife!
Old 01-27-2007, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
moneca, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all your info and support. I definitely would not have made it through without you (and everyone else here, too!).

Off to get some liverlife!
It's been nice to know that you were walking this road too. I don't know anyone else who has gone the whole filling removal and chelation road themselves. Seems like most people are chelating their kids, but haven't figured out that they eventually need to go that way too or are making the kids their priority like BB was doing. Our friend Jane has made it her New Years resolution to chelate this year: so we'll have some more company soon.
Oh, do start slow on the liver life or your face will resemble the horrors of a teenage acne pit - just not attractive, but at least I do these things when dh is working in another state.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Our friend Jane has made it her New Years resolution to chelate this year:
Oh for heaven's sakes! Well if it's anything like last year's resolution to eat liver regularly, it's going to take me all year to get fully up to speed.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:

If I had to do it all over again knowing what I know now I would :

1) start liverlife
2) start NCD or DMSA/ALA Cutler protocol
3) have amalgams removed
4) Parasite cleanse
5) liver flush
This is a terrific list, thank you : ... but this might look to a newbie that you can do the Cutler protocol before amalgam removal.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:50 PM

This article is the first mention I've heard of selenium binding to Hg in the brain:
http://newsletter.vitalchoice.com/e_...S6cDq,b4cFRrCJ

I know Cutler has said it's not a chelater per se, but would be interesting to research this more.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:03 PM

How much selinium do you give your dc's? I have tiny 100 mg pills that dd will swallow (sometimes). I only give her these 1-2 times a week because I don't want to give her too much.

Also those doing the liver life, are you doing the ph testing?

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
Old 01-27-2007, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
This is a terrific list, thank you : ... but this might look to a newbie that you can do the Cutler protocol before amalgam removal.
Oh, Jane thanks for pointing this out - I didn't catch it. I've fixed it.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
This article is the first mention I've heard of selenium binding to Hg in the brain:
http://newsletter.vitalchoice.com/e_...S6cDq,b4cFRrCJ

I know Cutler has said it's not a chelater per se, but would be interesting to research this more.
Thanks for posting this. We're all on the ionic version from TraceMinerals. Gotta love that vitamin C and selenium!
Old 01-27-2007, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyla View Post
How much selinium do you give your dc's? I have tiny 100 mg pills that dd will swallow (sometimes). I only give her these 1-2 times a week because I don't want to give her too much.

Also those doing the liver life, are you doing the ph testing?
I give dd (3 yo 30 pounds) 60 mcg per day in ionic liquid form because it is supposed to be absorbed better and she has major issues with absorbing anything. I wouldn't start another kid out that high. I might cut this down after a bit on the Liverlife.

I do test both our ph levels and that is why I kept the LL in the cabinet unopened for a month. I had received instructions not to start it unless the saliva ph was acidic. Both of us run a 7-7.25 ph first thing in the morning everytime I've checked. I recently got a info packet from the company along with a sample of LL. In the packet they discuss the benefits on the liver from taking LL regardless of ph. Her saliva ph is still the same, but her urine ph is now 5.75 indicating that she is pulling off the acids instead of keeping them in her body (during detox Bioray states that first morning ph should be 5.5-5.8). Her urine ph was around 6-6.25 before starting the LL. Hope that helps.

User Tag List