Healing Early Childhood Tooth Decay Naturally - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 123 Old 12-03-2008, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yay what a great thread!

I have a question about the 'look' of fluorosis-vs-decay. Many photos I've seen online , of fluorosis, look like Aidan's top four front teeth. His ped-dentist disagrees, and says it is simply decay.
My belief is that the bit of decay there is fluorosis 'induced'. I'm not well versed enough (yet!...lol) to question/debate/discuss this with him. How do you tell ?
We are having some cavity healing success! One molar at least. I'm staying tight on our regimen, hoping those front four will follow along the remineralization route.
....while I stand my ground on the anti fluoride issue with the dentist. He seems to think that a tooth is an isolated environment and fluoride applied via cement under whatever covering will not travel into a childs system. <cough>
I am overwhelmed with research stating otherwise an off to more reading !
#122 of 123 Old 12-04-2008, 02:08 AM

I haven't read the other replies, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatrlCatholicMama View Post
I'm starting Rami's protocol TODAY, but have a question - how to get MARROW into our diet?
You can get marrow bones from your natural/organic butcher. Natural pet food stores usually stock them as well. I roast them and my ds *loves* eating the marrow :.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatrlCatholicMama View Post
How do you prepare seaweed?
Most kids love dried nori as a snack.

:

sharing life with | 9.5 yo ds | 7 yo dd | love of my life new husband

#123 of 123 Old 12-04-2008, 02:21 AM

zahirakids, I do not believe that the vegetarian diet is optimal if you are dealing with ECC. Dd developed severe ECC during a stage when our family was vegan-ish, due some health issues that my dh is experiencing. I believe that our avoidance of animal foods during that time contributed to dd's developing ECC. Part of the problem is that my picky toddlers gravitate towards carby foods when animal foods are not available (they are not sitting there chowing on , and that's not ideal for nutrition. I would not recommend using soy products, especially soy milk, which is an ultra-processed food that contains chemical compounds that some believe to have anti-nutritional properties. It sounds like you do not have a safe source of raw milk, so stick to organic pasteurized cow or goat milk. If that doesn't work for you, then make your own nut milk - it's easy and yummy.

:

sharing life with | 9.5 yo ds | 7 yo dd | love of my life new husband

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page