Problem with molar coming in for DD - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 11-20-2006, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD is 3.5 years old, has never been to a dentist, has beautiful teeth, and I have no reason to believe that she has cavities in any of her teeth, except for one.

All four of her 2 year molars are in (and have been in for the last 10 months)...the problem is with the bottom left molar. It only came in partially (maybe 1/3 of the way up), and the back 1/4 looks like it is covered by her gums. It forms a bit of a pocket, which I have been trying to keep cleaned out, but last night, she had a very difficult time letting me brush her teeth...I would get to that one and she was crying, telling me that it hurt.

So now...deep breaths, right? I'm scheduled to have X-rays and a cleaning done next Monday, and would like to take DD with me, so that she can see that the dentist is just fine, that Mommy is happy to go to the dentist, etc. and allay any fears that she has right now.

At that time, I am going to ask the dentist to take a quick peek at the tooth and tell me what she thinks about it.

Why would her tooth not come in all of the way? Why would the gum stay adhered to the tooth?

I am afraid of not doing anything because I fear that she has a cavity, and I don't want the decay to 1) hurt her and 2) destroy her baby teeth/jaw.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I really don't want her to have to be doped up to have anything done.

Momma to the monkeys three
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-21-2006, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And now, tonight, after brushing her teeth and fighting her to brush the accumulated gunk out of it...it's bleeding!

I am already frazzled enough...I'm am seriously freaking out about this.

Momma to the monkeys three
#3 of 3 Old 11-23-2006, 01:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Do you think she would allow you to use a water pik to get the rest of the gunk out?

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page