Finally ordered the MI paste (recaldent) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2007, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and now I'm second guessing myself. I'm so paranoid about teeth at this point in my life... Are people really having success? Is it really safe for a 20 mo? Why did the description mention how it is used for root preperation and scaling? It didn't even mention home use...

Eeek! Help! I recently bought some colloidal silver only to decide that I just couldn't trust it for use on my babe. Will this be another product that I shove to the back of my cabinet?

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2007, 11:26 AM

We use it.

I think if you're nervous about it, you should research the ingredients.

As far as what the package says, it's packaged for dental professionals, so the indications might not mean much to the lay person.

It has calcium and phosphorus in it, and both are clinically proven to remineralize teeth and change the PH of the saliva to a favorable one.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
You sound like me maybeknott. I have been wondering as well. I know it is easier for me to trust something that has been around longer and brands that I know better. I ordered mine the other day as well, so that gives us some time to see what we can dig up on it.

Let's research some stuff and put on here what we find.

I'm a single working mom of 3 wonderful kiddos. 

Old 02-16-2007, 05:05 PM

I don't think a 20 mo old will be able to hold it in their mouth for the number of minutes required... it's not a toothpaste but a treatment designed to stay on the teeth for a bit.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
I don't think a 20 mo old will be able to hold it in their mouth for the number of minutes required... it's not a toothpaste but a treatment designed to stay on the teeth for a bit.
It tends to really stick in the grooves of the teeth though, as long as you don't take a drink or eat. I have done PH comparisons of before and after the paste, and it definitely has a huge effect on the saliva....which supports remineralization.

I guess time will tell...I'm encouraged by it and I don't think it can hurt. It's just an extra thing I am doing because my son has cavities I'd like to remineralize, an extra safeguard to help halt them on top of diligent cleaning and dietary changes.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:35 AM

Cool, well definitely be sure to report back!
Old 02-17-2007, 03:44 PM

That was my thot too. My son is 33 months old and I know it may not work the best it could on an adult, but the grooves will be helped which is where some of my concern is. Any little bit that we can do!

My daughter (8) has a filling that has pulled away and I am hoping it may help her as well, since she will be pulling the tooth sometime within the next year or so probably.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

I'd planned to put it on just after he falls asleep, so actually it would likely be there for longer than three minutes unless I wipe it off or something. I currently put a teeny tiny dab of fluoride toothpaste on his teeth after he falls asleep, and that works well. I'm hoping that this is safer then that, but I haven't started that research yet :

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Old 02-21-2007, 12:44 PM

I fond that its been making a big difference, I had it recomended to me by our pediatric dentist, I use it like a toothpaste and then don't give him anything to eat or drink afterward I noticed a difference in three weeks,
I hope that helps. It seems to stay on his teeth especially in the cavity areas very well.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:36 AM

I got mine in and tried it like a paste as well. I am also thinking the sleeping might be the time to try it as well.

I did a search and haven't found a whole lot of information at all. So far, nothing negative to report. Also, I read all the info on the paper in the paste box and there wasn't any info about tests done or anything. Maybe if we look at the ingredients one by one to see from there. Recaldent just didn't have much show up negative on it from my googling tho.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:35 PM

Can somebody explain, what is MI paste?
Thanks!

Jess, mom to Phelan Quinn (9/23/95), Wiley Rogue (10/29/03), and Victor Xerxes (9/10/08) and still married to my giant!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:35 PM

Old 02-27-2007, 03:35 AM

Okay, where do you get it? How often do you use it? I have braces, so it seems like it would be a good thing for me, considering what I just read. I would also like to do something for my dds. They could hold it in their mouth and spit it out. they are very good about this. But on that site it says not to use it for kids under 7. I know that some of this is probably because most kids won't spit it out. My youngest does have white spots. She has a real tartar problem. I know this is genetics. Since they both eat the same things and get their teeth brushed at the same time. i actually still do it for both of them. She has probably double the gunk on her teeth than the older one.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flowers View Post
Okay, where do you get it? How often do you use it? I have braces, so it seems like it would be a good thing for me, considering what I just read. I would also like to do something for my dds. They could hold it in their mouth and spit it out. they are very good about this. But on that site it says not to use it for kids under 7. I know that some of this is probably because most kids won't spit it out. My youngest does have white spots. She has a real tartar problem. I know this is genetics. Since they both eat the same things and get their teeth brushed at the same time. i actually still do it for both of them. She has probably double the gunk on her teeth than the older one.
On that site it says APF is not suitable for children under 7, which is flouride, NOT the mousse. The mousse has no flouride. And you don't have to spit it out at all.

That part was confusing.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:06 PM

:

Lola , loving my DH, Mama to & we &
Old 03-01-2007, 09:40 PM

Oh and you can get it at dentist.net or on ebay.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:44 PM

:

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 03-01-2007, 09:56 PM

Thanks! Th only place I coul find it was in Austrailia, which isn't horrible, but the shipping cost was insane. I am really looking forward to trying it with my braces. I had been looking for a sensitive tooth paste w/out sls or flouride. I wasn't able to find any, and when you are having problems with sore teeth with braces they usually reccomend those. So I am very happy to find something like this that hopefully will help.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:36 AM

thank you super mamas out there u rock. i have learned more this evening reading this thread than i have in a week of surfing for info. i have a 15 month old who lost the enamel off his first inscisor several months ago. i thought he chipped it on something but the enamel continues to flake off. now his other inscisor is becoming discolored at an alarming rate (over the last week.) i breastfeed on demand cosleep attachment parent. no candy juice etc.i have always cleaned his teeth and i am freaking out. my reg dentist says to just keep a close eye on it and keep clean til it bothers him because pediatric dentistry is so tramatic. but now i think there is a problem with his enamel, bacteria who knows!!! i have the recaldent on the way it makes total sense. i plan to improve diet although we eat very well. the soup bone is a fabulous idea. the high vitamin butter is so costly but want to try that as well. they are his teeth after all. has anyone heard of cell salts. i am going to try a homepathic remedy incorporating the cell salt calcarea florica 6x its a mineral floride from fluorspar that our bodies need if i have this right about 58 percent calcium. calcium phosphorica 3x is the first ingredient in the hylands teething tabs formula (phosphate of lime) and he has responded very well to the teething tabs. does anyone have any experience with homeopathic medicine in pediatric dentristy. thanks all you mamas out there for helpin this mama sleep at nite!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debholter View Post
thank you super mamas out there u rock. i have learned more this evening reading this thread than i have in a week of surfing for info. i have a 15 month old who lost the enamel off his first inscisor several months ago. i thought he chipped it on something but the enamel continues to flake off. now his other inscisor is becoming discolored at an alarming rate (over the last week.) i breastfeed on demand cosleep attachment parent. no candy juice etc.i have always cleaned his teeth and i am freaking out. my reg dentist says to just keep a close eye on it and keep clean til it bothers him because pediatric dentistry is so tramatic. but now i think there is a problem with his enamel, bacteria who knows!!! i have the recaldent on the way it makes total sense. i plan to improve diet although we eat very well. the soup bone is a fabulous idea. the high vitamin butter is so costly but want to try that as well. they are his teeth after all. has anyone heard of cell salts. i am going to try a homepathic remedy incorporating the cell salt calcarea florica 6x its a mineral floride from fluorspar that our bodies need if i have this right about 58 percent calcium. calcium phosphorica 3x is the first ingredient in the hylands teething tabs formula (phosphate of lime) and he has responded very well to the teething tabs. does anyone have any experience with homeopathic medicine in pediatric dentristy. thanks all you mamas out there for helpin this mama sleep at nite!
I'm sorry you have to deal with that. The only other things I would do is brush a few times a day with spry gel and introduce probiotics if you haven't already. After you do that, rub on the Recaldent and let it sit as long as possible, no need to wipe it off.
The homeopathic remedy we are getting is calcaria phosphorica 200C. I am still trying to figure out more homeopathic dental info, so please share here if you learn anything new. I'll try the calc flor as well.
Thanks!
Old 03-06-2007, 02:06 PM

Hm, interesting. I have 'soft teeth' (17+ fillings : )and apparently so do DD and DS1 (DD has decay in 2 teeth, DS in 6)
We are also sensitive to dairy; we just get bumps on our arms, nothing serious...so I think it would be ok to use on the kids at least.

I've been off dairy for a couple of months because it gave the baby really smelly gas (but it didn't bother him at all, no fussiness), but I'm wondering if this would affect him at all.

I suppose I could always just get it for the kids and do a trial run to see if it bothered DS2...
Sorry, thinking out loud here

Thanks for posting this, don't know if I would've seen it otherwise
Old 03-07-2007, 11:25 PM

Hello all,
I'm recently struggling with all this with my DS2 and also am going to try the MI Paste! I've been doing some research and came across this homeopathic product- SilvaSolution SilvaFresh Homeopathic Antibacterial Toothpaste - by TriMedica It looks kind of promising as another step to slowing down the carries. The link is http://herbal-remedies-usa.stores.ya...oothpaste.html. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this product or heard anything good or bad. The ingredients look safe for a toddler.

TIA

BTW AutumnMama if you go to the dentist.net site there is a similar product that is non milk derived.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22y View Post
Hello all,
I'm recently struggling with all this with my DS2 and also am going to try the MI Paste! I've been doing some research and came across this homeopathic product- SilvaSolution SilvaFresh Homeopathic Antibacterial Toothpaste - by TriMedica It looks kind of promising as another step to slowing down the carries. The link is http://herbal-remedies-usa.stores.ya...oothpaste.html. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this product or heard anything good or bad. The ingredients look safe for a toddler.

TIA

BTW AutumnMama if you go to the dentist.net site there is a similar product that is non milk derived.
Thanks for sharing this! I was reading an article about silver ions and cavities, and it seemed very promising! I might have to try this product!
Thanks!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:49 AM

Help! I'm really interested in trying the Tooth Mousse with my 6yo dd who has big dental issues. I'm only seeing the MI Paste at dentist.net and that has flouride in it. I'd really prefer the Mousse.
I'm not seeing is listed at all with ebay...
Where did you guys get the TM? Does anyone have a link because I'm just not finding it.
Thanks!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:24 AM

I believe the MI Paste is the same as the Tooth Mousse. It says on this page "Note: MI Paste was tested under the name Tooth Mousse"
http://www.gcamerica.com/mipaste.html
It doesn't contain fluoride.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:40 AM

Is the MI paste better than Novamin?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLK7 View Post
Is the MI paste better than Novamin?
A health professional told me it was...that it was able to bind in the saliva for longer, or something to that effect.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamagotchi View Post
I believe the MI Paste is the same as the Tooth Mousse. It says on this page "Note: MI Paste was tested under the name Tooth Mousse"
http://www.gcamerica.com/mipaste.html
It doesn't contain fluoride.
No wonder I couldn't find it! Thanks for the help.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:37 AM

I was really interested in trying MI Paste for my son (he has 2 molars that are apparently developing cavities). However, I requested a listing of the ingredients and was disappointed to see it contains Sodium saccharin. Does anyone know of a similar product that doesn't contain saccharin?

Betsy, mama to Zane 4/12/05 and Cade 3/5/08
Old 01-02-2014, 06:36 AM

Has anyone had luck ordering recaldent lately? I can only find it with a prescription required. There was one on amazon, but it was shipping from South Korea (?) and wouldn't be received for 2-3 weeks.

User Tag List