Mothering Forum banner

Good News for Remineralizing!

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  leighann79 
#1 ·
We went to a dentist today, who examined my son and said he had no cavities...he called the dark spots "stains" but I am pretty sure they were cavities we fixed with remineralizing. I can't tell you at what level the decay was because I just started proactively and agressively remineralizing without an actual prognosis from a dentist, but I am just so happy that it worked! Maybe he didn't actually have cavities, but I'm pretty clued in to what one looks like, and I'm willing to bet he had a few. Everything is hard now, though...he has no soft or sticky spots!

#5 ·
I would love to!

We limit juice to one a day, and that is orange juice that he drinks with cod liver oil and high vitamin butter.
Sugars and white flour very limited.
Brush teeth 2x a day, floss once. We use a flouride/xylitol mix on the teeth with brushing, and then I coat his teeth with Recaldent tooth mousse (also called GC tooth mousse or MI paste) and try to make it a half hour before he eats anything. I give him gum with Recaldent or Xylitol in between meals.
I purchased an ozone generator with air filter and ozonate his rinsing water.
I make him a daily smoothie with a fresh raw egg, a banana, a handful of frozen berries, some raw honey, active greens with probiotics, trace minerals, and yogurt.
Raw milk and once a week I make a broth out of beef marrow or chx bones, and make a soup out of the broth.
Homeopathic Calc/Phos 200C. I gave him one dose and will continue to once a month.

#8 ·
That is so great to hear!

I'm trying to decide on some of the products you mentioned and was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what name brands you went with and why. There are so many brands to choose from! I was curious as to what
active greens with probiotics and trace minerals brands you use.

TIA

#9 ·
Lesse...name brands.

The active greens are Organic Active Greens by Living Ecology.

The trace minerals are by NatureMost Laboratories, 100% Natural Colloidal Minerals, trace-mineral concentrate.

I basically went into the HFS and talked with them about what they recommended and why. The active greens have probiotics plus sprouted nutrients, and the trace mineral concentrate has selenium, which I read many children with tooth decay are short on. It also has calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, copper, and many other minerals, but I was interested in those because I have specifically heard they are helpful for remineralizing teeth.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandra M. View Post
Lesse...name brands.

The trace minerals are by NatureMost Laboratories, 100% Natural Colloidal Minerals, trace-mineral concentrate.

I basically went into the HFS and talked with them about what they recommended and why. The active greens have probiotics plus sprouted nutrients, and the trace mineral concentrate has selenium, which I read many children with tooth decay are short on. It also has calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, copper, and many other minerals, but I was interested in those because I have specifically heard they are helpful for remineralizing teeth.
Cool, I never would have thought of those.

#11 ·
Just to add in the good news about remin even though mine isn't dental... I'm seeing evidence in my hair. I've found 10 hairs (yes, I count each one and get excited
) that are black for the first 1 to 2 inches from the follicle and then turn completely silver. I've never seen this printed anywhere as a sign of remineralization, but that is what I'm taking it as (no, I haven't dyed my hair since last September)

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by moneca View Post
Just to add in the good news about remin even though mine isn't dental... I'm seeing evidence in my hair. I've found 10 hairs (yes, I count each one and get excited
) that are black for the first 1 to 2 inches from the follicle and then turn completely silver. I've never seen this printed anywhere as a sign of remineralization, but that is what I'm taking it as (no, I haven't dyed my hair since last September)
Whoa! Another thing I never would have thought of. That's neat!

#13 ·
O.k. I had to post the following that I just wrote in the TF forum :

On another note... my 78 yo father came to town today. He was raised on NT foods, but has a mouth full of metal. Late last summer he and my mom started taking HVCLO, bee pollen, Dr. Ron's cal/mag, kombucha, and pastured eggs to their already healthy non NT diet. In the beginning of December he added NCD which is a mineral detox to pull metals. His hair has been white for years. In January we noticed that he had begun to get a few black hairs back on the top of his head and the sides. We thought that was kind of cool and took pictures so we could compare with later changes. I thought that maybe removing the metals and changing to some nutrient dense eating was helping him remineralize. I had never seen anything written on this being the case with hair color changes.
Well, I was amazed when I saw him today. Not much change in the top of his head, but the sides were noticibly darker. We took more pictures to compare and record. I am surprised at the speed of changes because he really has a mouth full of amalgams and gold which when combined in the mouth make the effects of the mercury worse. He was starting to have some initial signs of alzheimers. The only thing I can figure is that having been raised and conceived on NT foods gave him a stronger nutritional base and so some of the repair is comes easier. He also didn't receive childhood vax except maybe polio, but I think that came later for him. Any thoughts? I mean whose hair regains its color at 79 (turns 79 next week)?

#14 ·
Quote:

Lesse...name brands.

I'm trying to help my dd2 remineralizw her teeth. This is something I'd like to add to our diets. Is it liquid form? Frozen?

And congrats on your own remineralization efforts!!

#15 ·
Quote:

We went to a dentist today, who examined my son and said he had no cavities...he called the dark spots "stains" but I am pretty sure they were cavities we fixed with remineralizing. I can't tell you at what level the decay was because I just started proactively and agressively remineralizing without an actual prognosis from a dentist, but I am just so happy that it worked! Maybe he didn't actually have cavities, but I'm pretty clued in to what one looks like, and I'm willing to bet he had a few. Everything is hard now, though...he has no soft or sticky spots!
How long had you been doing this? (wondering how long before you can expect results)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.