flouride in toothpaste - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-19-2007, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've heard several arguments about how we should or shouldn't use flouridated toothpaste.

I recently found out that the type of toothpaste I use (Toms of Maine fennel flavor) isn't made with flouride anymore. So, I can only get that flavor in non-flouride.
Is it safe to use non-flouride toothpaste if your city water has flouride in it? What problems can occur if you don't use flouride toothpaste?

Jessie
(single mommy to Emma, 3 years and Angela, 2 years, and Daisy, our 7 year old: )
:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2007, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie.gray View Post
I've heard several arguments about how we should or shouldn't use flouridated toothpaste.

I recently found out that the type of toothpaste I use (Toms of Maine fennel flavor) isn't made with flouride anymore. So, I can only get that flavor in non-flouride.
Is it safe to use non-flouride toothpaste if your city water has flouride in it? What problems can occur if you don't use flouride toothpaste?
IMO, since fluoride is poison, any amount is too much. I can't see too many problems associated with not using or taking in toxic sludge.

http://www.fluoridealert.org/

http://www.**********/general45/bll.htm

BTW, if you are drinking your tap water, two glasses per day is the maximum daily "safe" dose of fluoride. When you combine that with cooking, processed food and drinking other drinks made with fluoridated water, you end up way over the safe limit.

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio

User Tag List