Gums looked bruised - what do I do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-05-2007, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS is 10 mo and has recently gotten both bottom teeth and one of his top teeth. When I looked to see how his second top tooth was looking, I noticed the gum was bruised where it's swollen for the tooth. None of his other teeth did this to his gum. I'm guessing he banged his gum on something by accident (I saw him do it this afternoon, he cried a little but wasn't too traumatized by it). Should I do anything for it? Will it cause a problem? I tried giving him ice in his feeder but he wasn't really into it.

kathyhola.gif : , proud mama to seansuperhero.gif (12/06) and wife to zane reading.gif : cat.gif

#2 of 4 Old 10-07-2007, 06:10 PM

I was just wondering how you little one's gums were doing because the same thing happened to my eight month old today. I googled "infant bruised gums" and a few sites came up that said bruising does happen sometimes when babies are teething. I am still concerned and would like an update from you (a real mom) though.

Cynthia--Among other things, I am a wife and mother to two boys.
#3 of 4 Old 10-08-2007, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

What do ya know - his gums look fine now! I was really worried because it looked really bad, like blood had pooled in there. But today it looks like nothing had happened! He probably did irritate it when he knocked his gums into the railing. It looks like the tooth is wanting to crown - I can see the white line peeking through. My sitter said it was part of teething (she didn't see it on him, though). I'm glad it's getting better - I wish I could say the same for his sleeping during teething, though!

kathyhola.gif : , proud mama to seansuperhero.gif (12/06) and wife to zane reading.gif : cat.gif

#4 of 4 Old 10-08-2007, 08:49 PM

Yay, my son's gums look fine right now too! I am so relieved. I had no idea that teething could do that.

Cynthia--Among other things, I am a wife and mother to two boys.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page