Here is a photo of a spacer. It is a metal loop which holds the space for the adult tooth. It has no chewing surface. Food can get stuck in it. Ds has one. It causes no difficulty. It is applied as a separate visit after the extraction and swelling resolve. It only took a minute and required no anesthetic. http://cudental.creighton.edu/images/cls20.jpg
Ds had an area beside his tooth which was considered "an abscess". It could turn into something lethal, yes. But, the root of a baby tooth is not the same as the root in an adult tooth. The swelling resolved itself, eventually. Theoretically, the infection can travel to the developing tooth and cause issues for the adult tooth. But, we need the tooth to remain as an eating surface. So, without discomfort, we are leaving the tooth in which Xray indicated has cavity retained under the cap, for now.
Here are some foods which heal tooth decay:
Foods that heal teeth:
* Feed your child every meal a soup of blended greens or softly
* Key Vegetables for soup:
* Kales (and lots of dark greens), Zucchini, Celery, Green Beans,
* Add copious amounts of seaweed when the broth is done and the
soup is cooler.
* Never discard the vegetable liquid, it contains numerous vitamins.
* Raw Grass Fed Butter
* Organic and raw yogurt, and kefir
* Raw Grass fed Goat and Cow Milk.
* Cod Liver Oil (must be taken with the raw butter)
* Lacto-Fermented Foods and Beverages to enhance digestion and
* Finely mashed up proteins from - Eggs, Fish, Organ Meets, or
other meets (grass fed only please!)
* Bone broth such as fish or chicken soup broth
* Fresh or cooked fruits
* Soaked, and sprouted nuts finely ground
* Really Raw Honey (may be okay)
* Sprouted/ fermented grains, (only for children over 1.5 years)
* There are many herbs that can be cautiously used to provide
minerals to the teeth,
* These include Horsetail, lemon grass, red raspberry leaf,
nettle's, lemon balm.
Foods that remove minerals from body and cause tooth decay and general
* Almost every kind of sugar, even organic, especially fruit juices
* Bread, wheat, cookies, crackers, cereals, grains, nuts, seeds, pasta's
* Peanut Butter
* Any processed baby food
* Soy or soy formula
* Pasteurized milk
* Dried Fruit
* Iodized salt – cheap processed salt.
* Non-organic animal products such as eggs, meat, chicken ect.http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Tooth-Dec.../dp/1434810607http://www.yourreturn.org/Articles/E...ries_Cured.htm
Healing Early Childhood Tooth Decay Naturally:http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=529174&highlight=foods+hea\