Invisalign Braces - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-23-2008, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After my son was born I wore Invisalign for 2.5 years. During my treatment I had 2 miscarriages. I still wear my aligners each PM but am now concerned about BPA in plastics. I saw a previous thread about this topic and am looking for other people who may have any info about BPA and invisalign. We are trying to get PG again and just want to be safe about something I put in my mouth every night. Thanks Ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2008, 01:41 PM

Subbing

I start my invisalign treatment next week and we're ttc. I'm also concerned about the same thing as I have been doing a lot of reading the last couple of days about plastics and hormones.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:28 PM

I emailed their customer service. Here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting Align Technology, Inc. Customer Care.

We recommend that you contact your doctor. He/she will be able to provide you a MSDS sheet that will allow you to view all materials made to create the aligners.

The recent news reports were regarding the chemical bisphenol A in plastic water & baby bottles.

Invisalign aligners do not contain the chemical bisphenol A that has been in the news.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we may be of additional assistance. Our Customer Care Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 5am-5pm PST. You may also contact Customer Care via email at [email protected]. Thank you for choosing Invisalign®.

Sincerely,

Align Technology, Inc. Customer Care

User Tag List