tooth extraction, opening into sinus cavity - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2008, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dh had two teeth extracted yesterday, one on top and one on bottom. he says he feels that where the top one was extracted has left an opening into his sinus cavity and he can feel air pass through it and has been passing food/liquid through it as well. has anyone else dealt with this? will this heal so long as he keeps it clean? what can he do aside from salt water rinses to encourage healing? he is going to call the dentist on Monday but i'm anxious to know something about it now!

dreads.gif and my man mischievous.gif. Momma to ds1 (11-'04) blahblah.gif, ds2 (8-'08) hammer.gif, dd (3-'12) orngtongue.gif, and Mr Blue, Chiyo, and Fireball, our 3 cat.gifnovaxnocirc.gif intactlact.gif uc.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2008, 10:23 PM

I'd call the emergency number, they have to have someone on call.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

oK, did some googling and found this in regards to tooth extraction and an opening into the sinus cavity. apparently it is called "sinus communication"...found some instructions for care as well. kinda peeved that the dentist didn't mention this as a risk or tell dh that it had occurred. overall, neither of us are very pleased with this dentist and he will not be seeing him for the rest of the work dh needs on his teeth.

dreads.gif and my man mischievous.gif. Momma to ds1 (11-'04) blahblah.gif, ds2 (8-'08) hammer.gif, dd (3-'12) orngtongue.gif, and Mr Blue, Chiyo, and Fireball, our 3 cat.gifnovaxnocirc.gif intactlact.gif uc.jpg

User Tag List