where to buy xylitol mint/gums with calcium lactate and non abrasive toothpaste? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-19-2008, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter
ccm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I read that calcium lactate added to xylitol mints/gums increases the remineralization power.
http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB...1159/000088905

Does anyone know where to get affordable xylitol candies with calcium lactate?

do you know of any non abrasive toothpaste? w/o any abrasives like baking soda,silica,salt,or calcium carbonate?
#2 of 7 Old 08-24-2008, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter
ccm

:d?
#3 of 7 Old 08-26-2008, 11:37 PM

For the xylitol mint/gum, "spry" is the brand i've found, we buy it at the health food store. try googling it. dont know about the pastes though, sorry!

sarah
#4 of 7 Old 08-31-2008, 09:43 PM

i don't know about toothpaste....but spry raspberry mints have xylitol and calcium lactate for sure. that's what we buy. they are REALLY delicious too! i purchase from amazon, but lots of websites sell um here's a link to amazon though if interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Xlear-Spry-Min...0229687&sr=8-2

homeschooling mama to DD 10 & DS 7 blogging.jpg

#5 of 7 Old 09-03-2008, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahfina View Post
For the xylitol mint/gum, "spry" is the brand i've found, we buy it at the health food store. try googling it. dont know about the pastes though, sorry!

sarah
Just wanted to add that Spry has soy in it in case you are sensitive or avoid it.
#6 of 7 Old 09-04-2008, 04:32 AM

Soy in what spry product, do you know?

We use the berryblast mints by spry and see no soy in the ingredients (is it a different name?) I try to avoid soy so I'm interested in this...
#7 of 7 Old 09-06-2008, 07:44 PM

Hi,

I have SPRY stuff right here in front on me. Berryblast Mints do NOT have any soy in it [it does have beeswax if you are vegan]; Fresh Fruit Gum has soy lecithin and vegetable glycerin in it and probaby the mint gums do as well. The mints and toothpaste have calcium lactate, the gum doesn't.

SPRY toothpaste has silica and vegetable glycerin, among other things.

XLICHEW [http://www.lumiline-inc.com/xylimax.html] has tablets and gum with Xylitol and calcium in them/they also have them with Vitamin C. But they're pretty pricey.

My mom bought them for me, actually for my ds. But he wasn't too enthusiastic about them.

Zellies uses rapeseed lecithin and Calcium carbonate.

Anyway, my ds's cavities [according to the pediatric dentist we first took him to, $3400 worth] have all remineralized; and we've used just about every thing Xylitol on the market. Right now, he really likes Zellies fresh fruit candies and Emerald Forest sour candies - Grape and Licorice. He'll take Cherry if there is nothing else available.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page