Teething possible at 10 weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-31-2003, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did a search in the archives and couldn't find anything specific on this...

Is it possible for babies to teeth at 10 weeks? I know babies can be born with teeth, but it still seems early to teeth. I think my DD may be teething, but constant drool and random fussiness are my only signs. Her poops are usually yellow, sometimes green, sometime mucousy, sometimes with a tiny bit of blood, like one speck.

If it is teething, what should I do and should I be prepared for the drooling and other symptoms to last a long time, until all her teeth are in?

~ Belinda, single 35 yr old WAHM to two super-cute DDs 8/17/03 and 1/27/07 heartbeat.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2003, 03:56 AM

My son got teeth at 12 weeks so he was probably teething at 10! We didn't do much for it- we did a bit of the Hyland's Teething Tabs (homeopathic). They also make a gel to rub on the gums, I believe. We had ok results with it but other people SWEAR by it! This coincided with a BIG 12 weeks growth spurt so it was a pretty fussy time for us. Other people may have more tips on how to deal with teething. Good Luck!!
Old 10-31-2003, 03:58 AM

My dd also started drooling around that age, I even was able to see a white little spot in her gum but now she's 6 mo and hasn't cut anyhting. I investigated a little bit and found that their salivar glands start "working" around 8 or 9 weeks older and that's why they become little wet beings . Can you see any teeth coming? On the other side, I've met some kids that started teething when they were as young as 4 weeks old... every baby is different.
About the blood in the stool, that could be constipation and in this case I would suggest to contact your pediatritian. The color in the poops can change a lot at that age, so that wouldn't concern me that much.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:53 PM

What eggie said, plus her greeeaaaat smilie

My ds (13 weeks) does exactly the same thing as his sister did at that age: drool like there's no tomorrow, with little white spots on his gums. The spots are just starting to disappear now. DD didn't get teeth till 8 months, so I figure ds won't either. The spots are something else (I don't know what), but real teeth are not really visible till they come out, and even then they're little lines not spots under the gums.

The drooling will get much better soon.

Don't know about the poop. Aren't they just full of $*it? :LOL
Old 11-02-2003, 03:56 AM

Old 11-10-2003, 11:33 PM

My Bro in-law got a tooth at 2 weeks. He's now 15 yrs old, so I guess it didnt kill him. Dd is workin on tooth # 5. Ice cubes in a wash cloth is her fav. I'll even give her tylonal b4 bed if she seem too mad.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:39 PM

my dd started chewing and drooling at this age too. I have a book called The Portable Pediatrician by a gal named Dr Nathasan I think. She says that most all babies begin drooling around this age and her speculation is that it coordinates with their next developmental skill - grabbing objects and putting them in their mouths. She says it's a type of "washing" to help cleans things that they chew on. Interesting point!

My dd didn't get her first tooth til she was about 9-10 months old but sure did do alot of drooling and chewing long before the first tooth.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
Old 11-19-2003, 02:35 AM

my ds had 2 teeth at two months, they came out together, and 4 teeth at 4 months, and they kept coming out like that in pairs.

User Tag List