Baby teeth not falling out!! - 6yr old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-31-2008, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK so dd is 6yr old (august) and she shows no signs of having wobbly baby teeth at all, I am slightly concerned as I am missing 4 of my second teeth, and just lost the last of my baby teeth at 37, what age did your dc loose their first teeth, any dentists able to reassure me?

ewe + dh = our little lambs + we and have many just : and : life .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 08-31-2008, 08:18 AM

My oldest son did not loose his first tooth until he was 3 months past 7 years old. Then, they began to fall out on a steady basis, and his teeth are just fine now!

Kristina; wife to Max, Mom to Tristan (17) and Zackariah (7) and Lillian (5)
#3 of 8 Old 08-31-2008, 09:18 AM

I didn't lose my first baby tooth until I was seven. Way behind my peers, which was a horror to me at the time, but they all fell out and were replaced by adult teeth in a timely manner. Every dentist I've seen as an adult has complimented my beautiful (cavity and filling free) teeth.
#4 of 8 Old 08-31-2008, 09:41 AM

DD didn't lose any until she was almost 7.
#5 of 8 Old 08-31-2008, 09:46 AM

My oldest were 7 and 7 1/2 before loosing their first teeth.

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
#6 of 8 Old 08-31-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewe+lamb View Post
OK so dd is 6yr old (august) and she shows no signs of having wobbly baby teeth at all, I am slightly concerned as I am missing 4 of my second teeth, and just lost the last of my baby teeth at 37, what age did your dc loose their first teeth, any dentists able to reassure me?
There is a simple solution to this which will alleviate ALL your concerns.

Please take child to the pediatric dentist and request a panoramic film. I say this because of your history you reported. This will disclose if there are any permanent teeth missing. Since you are missing 4 of your permanent teeth it would could be a good possibility your daughter will have the same more or less. The most likely ones to be missing are the upper permanent lateral incisors or any one of the lower premolars.

Also keep in mind children do not loose teeth at the same time. Some are early and some are late. Your child may be in the latter category.

If you child has not been to a pediatric dentist yet it is time as you are 5 years late. I hope this helps.
#7 of 8 Old 08-31-2008, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

So i'm missing one upper lateral incisor and 4 molars which would be each second molar from the front and then of course all my wisdom teeth. I did take dd to the dentist two years ago to which she asked me why we were there, no child visits a dentist here unless they need to and the dentists see you really as a bit of a nuisance if you go and take up their time - anyway a dentist came into the school to show them how to brush their teeth etc and she is very diligent but as I am missing quite a few and it's starting to be a problem now it's something that does concern me. But 7 years is somewhat reassuring!

ewe + dh = our little lambs + we and have many just : and : life .
#8 of 8 Old 08-31-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
I did take dd to the dentist two years ago to which she asked me why we were there, no child visits a dentist here unless they need to and the dentists see you really as a bit of a nuisance if you go and take up their time
That's just bizarre! Did she have an appointment?

My son has been seeing a DDS since he was a year old. We did start off with issues of a congenital origin (crumbling teeth), but now he goes every 6 months for a cleaning. He's only 4.

DS seems a pediatric dentist, and that dentist gets paid for his time...as would the dentist you took your girl to see. One would think they would be HAPPY to get paid by insurance (or you) for a short visit like that?

Try another dentist, if you want to know.

On the other hand, it seems that although your situation is not quite the norm (nor is my hubby, who grew THREE sets of teeth for a couple teeth, which they only found out when the DDS pulled some adult teeth, and then more grew in!), it hasn't caused problems, yes?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page