14 mo enamel flaking off in huge chunks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-01-2008, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ack! Where do I go with this?

DD is still 98% breastfed, co-sleeps, nurses on demand. She's got multiple non-IgE food allergies and chemical sensitivities. I'm also suspecting reflux.

She's been getting CLO since 3 mo, and now high dose vit D. We suspect possible malabsorption for both of us, my blood tests should be back any day- and dd is seeing a pedi-GI in 10 days.

Should I schedule her with a pedi-dentist? There aren't any WAPF practitioners in Alaska. What SHOULD I do...

We only drink raw milk, eat raw cheese, and pasture butter...

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#2 of 3 Old 10-01-2008, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Well we scheduled with the ND recommended pedi-dentist, but can't get in until Nov 4th. He knows we're mostly bfing/cosleeping and recommends weaning or nightweaning. And he said to get ready for topical fluoride treatments...

So meanwhile, do you have any advice for me? I drink 1-2 quarts of free range grain-free raw goat milk daily, take magnesium supplements, 50,000IU D3 weekly, drink kefir and fil mjolk regularly, dd takes probiotics and CLO...

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#3 of 3 Old 10-03-2008, 06:02 PM

My dd has a couple small enamel defects. Her ped dentist was happy that we use xylitol (tooth gel, and I crush the mints for her). He also applied some recaldent paste and did not do flouride. Hers had no decay, he just said to make sure they stay clean. He said night nursing is okay and expected, but pacifying with the breast is bad because the teeth remineralize from the saliva at night. I personally agree with him.
Are you using xylitol?

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page