Canker sores after seeing dentist? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-27-2008, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I get canker sores once in a while, nothing bad but they still hurt and are annoying. I got my teeth cleaned about 2 weeks ago and got a canker sore after that. Now I just went to the dentist this morning to get a filling redone and now I have another canker sore! I didn't notice it until after I got home, it came out of nowhere. Do you think it's related to going to the dentist??
#2 of 7 Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 PM

My daughter tends to get them in relation to physical or emotional stress. Does going to the dentist make you feel stressed out?
#3 of 7 Old 10-27-2008, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

No, I don't mind going to the dentist. Maybe I react to something they use there.
#4 of 7 Old 10-27-2008, 07:11 PM

Some dentists are kinda rough with the mouth and lips. Not to mention it's just not normal to have your mouth touched, pushed on, and other things that are part of dental visits. Is it possible it was slightly injurious and the irritation was enough to start the sores? I agree with the stress part, but maybe it's not mental emotional type stress, but instead a physical stress. Just my thoughts.
#5 of 7 Old 10-28-2008, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

peace_laughing - You know, I think you're right. I looked last night where it hurt and it looked like there was a little hole there. I think the dentist poked me with something and I couldn't feel it due to the novacaine. So maybe it isn't a canker sore and will go away sooner. I hope!
#6 of 7 Old 10-28-2008, 01:32 PM

Hey, that's great! Hopefully it does heal soon! GL
#7 of 7 Old 11-04-2008, 01:31 AM

just wanted to add that I just had some pretty major dental work (removing wisdom teeth) and once the novocaine wore off and I was able to move my jaw a little and tongue I noticed several really bad sores, I remember them being a little rough with presumably keeping my tongue out of the way, didn't think of it being a canker sore, but its essentially the same thing, hurts really bad to eat anything...

mom of twins.gif boys born 9/13/05 and dog2.gifdog2.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page