Sick because my teeth hurt or teeth hurt because I'm sick? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-07-2008, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So I had a really large filling put in 2 months ago and the dentist said that I might still need a root canal if the nerve didn't "lay down" and if the pain continued. I also had several other small cavities that he said could wait. Well, for about a month I have had no pain, just very minor sensitivity. I have been doing all kinds of things to help my teeth heal and I was very hopeful that I could avoid further work.

About 4 days ago all my teeth started feeling sensitive and the side of my mouth with the large filling was really aching. The pain would shoot around and my jaw was also popping (which may have just been a coincidence). I also got a terrible headache. It was the kind that I get when I cry for hours or have a fever. My eyes were burning and my whole face just hurt. I have now felt like I have been getting sick for days. Sometimes when I get sick and my body aches, my teeth really hurt as well so I was starting to think I was getting the flu. Now it has been a few days and I haven't really gotten sick but I still feel crummy. I slept almost all day today and the lymph nodes on my neck are swollen.

Do you think that my teeth could be making me feel this bad in such a short time?

I am going to the dentist to see what's going on but do you think it's possible that I am just getting sick?

I really don't want a root canal

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page