Blister on DS's penis? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2008, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
there is a blister on the tip of DS's penis, and the rest of the tip is red. (he is un-circ)

I did notice when i was inspecting it that it has started to retract little. could that be what is causing this? or something else?

also, he has no diaper rash anywhere, either.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2008, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is he cloth diapered? If so, what detergent are you using? It may be a reaction caused by the detergent, as my DS2 had at about that age.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:16 AM

Sounds like he is beginnign to retract and is having "seperation trauma". (Which is not a bad thing or unusual) You may want to ask down in "Case against Circumcision" they are experts in this sort of thing.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Is he cloth diapered? If so, what detergent are you using? It may be a reaction caused by the detergent, as my DS2 had at about that age.
we are using charlies soap.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:17 PM

Most of the time when blisters are involved yeast is the problem. Though left over detergent in the CD's can cause irritation as well. Usually a blister isnt a seperation irritation thing. Redness, swelling & pain is usually what you will see then.

Helpful link http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=764732 talks about possible causes of irritation and what to do about it.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 11-21-2008, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
Most of the time when blisters are involved yeast is the problem. Though left over detergent in the CD's can cause irritation as well. Usually a blister isnt a seperation irritation thing. Redness, swelling & pain is usually what you will see then.

Helpful link http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=764732 talks about possible causes of irritation and what to do about it.
It looks kind of like a Preputial Cyst, but not one the head, on the tip of the foreskin.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:43 AM

We also used Charlie's when my DS had the same thing. Many others have experienced it, too. Check in Diapering for some info on theories as to why it happens. Some say it's because Charlie's isn't strong enough to kill all the bacteria. Others say Charlie's brings up old detergents which cause a burn. If it's bacteria, some bleach on the dipes may help. If it's chemical burn, stripping the diapers and/or switching detergents may help. It was a couple of years ago when we stopped diapering that DS and later discovered what the problem was, so there may be more thoughts out there now. He had the "blister" on the foreskin as well as sores that were very difficult to heal on his buttocks.

So sorry you're dealing with this!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

That blister is gone now, and he seams to be fine.

I'll check the diapering forum too, and I may end up stripping the diaps just in case. Thanks.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:28 PM

So glad it's better! I hope that's the end of it for you.

User Tag List