Please, tell me there is a 14 month growth spurt - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-21-2008, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is there? DD2 is BFing almost ALL THE TIME. its getting annoying, she will feed, JUMP off my lap, play a bit, and half an hour later clap eyes on me and want feeding again, on and on ad naseum. all. day. long.

she also plays with my other breast and i hate it, its creeping me out. i seriously do not like it, i mean i will consider weaning if she doesnt stop it as i can not bear it. she doesnt twiddle, she sort of strokes it. i dont mind her playing with the boob she is feeding off, just not the other one.

Kiz
#2 of 2 Old 11-21-2008, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not sure about a 14 month growth spurt. Sorry.

What I can say is that a babe this age really enjoys nursing and knows it. My guy is not eating much at all other than nursing. A meal is less than 1 bite (for me). He mostly messes and grins. AND NURSES. He is a very active guy and still growing so he nurses frequently, day and night. The sessions don't tend to last very long unless I am trying to calm him down or help him sleep. He gets distracted and crawls off to play. He does have some bad habits like 99% of the time his arm is in the neck of my shirt. Constant redirection will eventually help (I hope). You might try making the other nipple breast inaccessible by wearing a nursing pad. Another idea is a nursing necklace designed for him to fiddle with while nursing. (I think I need to break some of those out again myself.)

Hang in there, whatever the issue is, I promise it will change soon.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page