Am I the ONLY mother who bathes with her kids? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 126 Old 12-11-2008, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are lucky to have a clawfoot tub and I bathe with the boys maybe twice a week. It is the best time! I get to relax and even close my eyes for a minute while they happily play. It is good times. Sometimes dh comes in and sits and talks and plays the guitar. Good times for all.

The movie My Neighbor Totoro has a healthy family friendly bath scene. It is a Japanese family who has just moved to the country and they have a "bath room" with a big round tub and they show the dad and two girls (school age and toddler) laughing and talking while bathing.
#122 of 126 Old 12-11-2008, 01:53 PM

*sigh* simetimes I WISH I could shower without a munchkin afoot!! I've tried putting him in front of the boob tube so I could sneak away for 10 luxurious shower minutes, but he comes a-running shedding his clothes along the way and jumps in at least I can keep my kid clean.

B wife to B and mama to my two boys B 1/23/07 via csect and H 9/27/08 my vbac babe!
We , selectively (don't) vax, babywear, cosleep, love music, and try to be as crunchy as we can get!
#123 of 126 Old 12-11-2008, 02:06 PM

I'm sad that I can't bathe with my older kids anymore. We always had so much fun. But they are just too big now. A lot of times, DH will put the babies in with me and then the older kids will sit on the edge of the tub, and we all tell stories.
#124 of 126 Old 12-11-2008, 04:41 PM

I haven't read all the replies, but I'll tell you how things are in our house.

I usually don't get the opportunity to bathe with the kids, but I have in the past. Lately, the twins have been taking showers, and do so with my husband. Little sister showers with him too. We've not thought anything of it.

Twin boys (2/05) and little sister (10/07)
#125 of 126 Old 12-11-2008, 08:20 PM

No, you're not the only one!! Sometimes it's the only way I get a bath or shower! We love it, it's fun and feels totally natural.

Your friend just has some hang ups!! I know what you mean though about being the odd one! I don't have any friends I feel like share my approach and I, too, am very thankful to MDC for helping me feel more normal!
#126 of 126 Old 12-11-2008, 11:44 PM

DD always bathes with me or DH. It was by far the easiest and safest way when she was a baby, and now it's a fun time to be together.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page