Mothering Forum banner

Hi, my name is Julie and I have a weird toddler

3K views 64 replies 45 participants last post by  MimiB 
#1 ·
I thought it was time for a fun thread, everyone (myself included) seems to be a little stressed out these days. So, let's share the weird things that our toddlers do!!

My DS will devour a (well cooked) tuna steak off of my plate but hates hamburgers. What kid hates hamburgers?? Oh, and he won't eat tuna if I offer it for dinner on his plate, only from mine

My DS can climb over the baby gate INTO his room but he'll only climb out with his stool. The gate is absolutely identical on both sides.

His response to questions he doesn't want to answer?? He barks at you.

Now share yours!!

See less See more
#52 ·
my 20 month old just recently started saying cheerio (sounds like chew-o
). but the really funny part is, she now calls everyone cheerio, for example saying "hi cheerio" or "bye cheerio" when she comes in or leaves the room!!! she thinks it's hilarious.

she's also been whining a lot that book pages won't turn past the last page. so i've been explaining that's the last page, and now she gets it, but she still turns to the last page, whines with a smile on her face, and pretends to be upset so that i have to say, "sorry, honey. there are no more pages in that book." she'll do it over and over and look to me giggling after she pretend-whines.

isn't that weird???

#53 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vancouver Mommy View Post
when I'm nursing my 20 mo ds he sticks his toes in my face and says "bite".
Strangely enough my 20 month old does this too

She also does the following:

-tries (and often successfully) takes off her pants whenever we are at home. She just doesn't like pants I guess.

-"Do it self" is her favourite phrase lately!

- puts her "babies" to sleep in front of the back door so the dog has to walk over them?!

- Is extremely particular about the songs I sing her to sleep to...if I sing something she doesn't want to hear she starts yelling the one she does want to hear. LOL

- She is seriously OCD with sorting things. She'll sort her cheerios, veggies, etc. She'll sort her lego, little people. Everything has a place...except when it is clean up time

#54 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post
we just had a massive snowstorm, and she liked the snow but refused to wear her snow suit. freaked if it even got near her. But, she will happily wear her kangaroo halloween costume in the snow.

This is TOO cute!
:

#56 ·
We are potty training and DS has successfully learned that poop goes in the potty. That's great except for the fact that he now when he poops in his diaper it MUST go in the potty so not only do I have to change a poopy diaper I have to scrape it out of the diaper into the toilet so he can "send it on a trip."

#57 ·
After watching me do blood glucose monitoring for 3 days (in lieu of GTT), DS has started playing with the stabber thing (I took the lancet out so he wouldn't hurt himself, of course). He'll push the button on his finger and say "Owie!" just like mommy. And now he is pinning down the cat trying to take HIS glucose, pushing the button and saying "Owie!" I'm so glad we have laid back cats.

#58 ·
Oh gosh. These are hilarious. Mine kisses himself in the mirror too, and kisses pictures of himself...but doesn't seem to know it's him...in a picutre of say the 3 of us, he'll point out "mommy" "daddy" and then when I point to him and ask who that is, he says "Baby" like as in "I don't know who it is, just some baby who seems to be everywhere!"

He likes to try to trick me to pick up him by telling me "HUG!" and lifting his arms, so when I go down to hug him, he grabs on and says "PICK" or "PICK YOU!" asking to be picked up.

Any small piece of fuzz or dirt on the floor is a "BUGGGGG!" to be dispatched immediately.

he calls his gummi bear vitamins his "yellows," and demands to have his "yellow" every morning as soon as he wakes up.

#59 ·
Heeehehee!

My 1 year old also pants for a dog sound. My parent's dog rarely barks, so it's understandable.

This isn't so strange, but for my kid it is - he's terrified of the vaccuum. He's hardly ever even seen the thing in action (DH is home before us and usually does it before we arrive), but if he so much as catches a glimpse of it, he starts to whimper. Other noisy things don't phase him, so I can only guess that he's very in tune with our cats.

#60 ·
Great thread!
--my dd tilts her head to the side and grabs my head with both hands to kiss me, it is so sloppy and wet, but so cute

--dd will get frantic when Diego comes on, she also thinks that Dora is Diego, but with longer hair

--we have pretend tea many times a day, and each time i attempt to sip my cup, dd yells "haut!"

#61 ·
Great thread!
--my dd tilts her head to the side and grabs my head with both hands to kiss me, it is so sloppy and wet, but so cute

--dd will get frantic when Diego comes on, she also thinks that Dora is Diego, but with longer hair

--we have pretend tea many times a day, and each time i attempt to sip my cup, dd yells "haut!"

--when i am in another room and dd wants my attention she calls-- momma, mommy, momma, mommy over and over!

#62 ·
DS pulls his blanket out of his room and crawls onto the chair in the living room. He say "Night-night" and proceeds to close his eyes and fake snore. And I'm not talking little baby peep snores. These are SNORES!! DP and I joke that he probably gets his inspiration from us.

#64 ·
-dd likes to touch tongues with whomever will 'play'
-favorite foods include avocado, raw onion, straight up lemon wedges, stuffed green olives, full sour kosher pickles, ginger-beet soup (spicy)
-dd is afraid of dolls and wont allow them in the same room as her
-dd must have her socks on at all times - bathtime is often a nightmare as socks are not allowed in the bath
-her favorite books are things like 'anthology of birdwatching' (few pictures, mostly text), 'games babies play' (a text-only book for parents) and my national geographic magazines

she's a funny little elf!

#65 ·
DS is *really* into hide-and-seek right now and can't get enough of it. I once hid behind our open bedroom door which effectively hides you in a corner and he couldn't find me at all. I guess he thought it was a great hiding spot b/c he *insists* that I hide there often by saying "Mommy...stay". BUT, the funny thing is that our door was closed which no longer made it a hiding place.

Didn't matter.

So, there I was standing - in full view - against the door while DS walked around the room looking for me in various spots and going "Nope" when I wasn't in those spots. At some point, he finally acknowledges me standing - in full view - and whoops and hollers!

It cracks me up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.