~!#~!#February for May 2006 Mamas & Toddlers#!~#!~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 02-02-2009, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, ladies -

It's a new month!

I'm really truly starting to actually feel better, which is very exciting. I told the people at one of the churches I work for about my current pregnancy yesterday - for some reason, I was really reluctant about it, but I feel better for having done it.

LO nursed for about 10 seconds in 2 - 3 days, and then last night he nursed about 5 times again. One step forward, three steps back!

Hope you are all well as can be!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#2 of 31 Old 02-02-2009, 04:33 PM

Hey Mamas. Happy Groundhog day! I hope everyone is doing well. We are all fine - keeping busy w/our new UU church, the kids' activities (dance class, basketball & story hours currently), my yoga & crocheting. It is a bit warmer today, 40's, and it's giving me a big case of spring fever!!! We can't wait to get outside again.

Big doings for LO - she starts her first story hour at her preschool Friday of this week. (It is a drop off story hour for the 2 year olds who will be starting preschool in the fall, to help them get accustomed to the school.) It is only for an hour, once a month, but goodness gracious am I anxious!!!! I'm just not sure how she'll do w/the drop off. I know she'll love it once she gets over that part. Of course, it's probably WAY more my issue than hers.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#3 of 31 Old 02-08-2009, 06:28 PM

Hello! Not much action here so far this month, huh? Phoebe is in her room "napping." She's actually whispering stories to her doll and wiggling around her bed. She probably peed all over, too, but I'm waiting to see if she'll call me or settle herself. She just opened her door (there's a gate on it too) and now is running around her room! I guess I should go investigate after all. I'll try to be back later--but it's a crazy week here!
#4 of 31 Old 02-08-2009, 08:53 PM

Hi mamas,

wow, Max, that sounds like a great idea with your preschool, I wish ours would do that.

Phoebe's napping sounds like DD's types of naps of late

Well, this seems to be the winter of sickies in our household, it feels like if someone isn't sick, they're either coming down with something, or getting over it!

And to top it off, all of a sudden everything seems to be funking out in my mouth. I have to get a filling refilled, my 2 bottom wisdom teeth pulled, and this week have been dealing with TMJ... what the heck! We've just been super busy, trying to slow down to get everyone rested, but I'm trying to figure out when to schedule all my dental stuff.

Do any of you take anything in particular when you're feeling drained?
#5 of 31 Old 02-08-2009, 09:22 PM

Thanks Mia. Yes, it is really great that the preschool does an introductory story hour. The kids who attend adjust to the new school year so easily. LO loved her first preschool experience. I explained to her that she was going to stay and have her own preschool for a little while and then I would be back to pick her up. She said, "OK Mom" and went off to play. When I picked her up she was sooo proud of herself showing me the valentine she made. Of course I was way more anxious than she was. Dd 5 and I got to spend a nice hour together during this too, so all in all it was great.

Sorry to hear about your teeth troubles & all the illnesses Mia. When I am feeling run down I make an extra effort to eat well (lots of healthy soups), take Echinacea and Vit. C. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Amy, Phoebe's "nap" time sounds pretty funny. That's just what all my kids have done when giving up naps - had some imaginitive quiet play time. It's always funny to hear what they are sayiing to their dolls in there alone.

Mamabeakley, I'm so glad you are feeling better! Yay for second trimester and beyond!!!

So I have been a crocheting fool lately! I have made three prayer shawls & numerous scarves. I am going to branch out & try some new things next. I really like the easy mindless stuff though, it is so relaxing yet feels productive. And I like that I am giving them to others, makes me feel even better about it. I am out of yarn tonight though, and feel lost!

Hope everyone is well and had a nice weekend.

#6 of 31 Old 02-10-2009, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

I think I need to learn to crochet . . . I just made a Waldorf style babydoll for my nephew, and did the hair by pulling yarn through the scalp w/a needle, which was truly agravating. I know how to knit, but for some reason have never crocheted.

I have decided I am done nursing DS2. He's gone several days at a time w/out nursing, only nurses about 5 seconds when he does, I have no milk, and it hurts. And I don't want to tandem nurse. So I'm done. He's not too happy about it, but it's more in principle than in real need, if you know what I mean. And his 2 year molars are finally all the way in. This morning he whined about it until I suggested another favorite activity, and then was fine. So I think it's going to go fine.

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#7 of 31 Old 02-10-2009, 01:09 PM

Hey mamas!

Gosh, we've been a quiet bunch recently.

Max, the story hour intro to preschool sounds so great. I'm glad your DD had a good time! I know what you mean about being more nervous than your DC about new experiences. And great job on the crocheting!! I've slowed way down on knitting since I don't have any gift deadlines hanging over me!

Ecoteat, funny nap! Geo is still taking nice long naps, thank goodness. And he's sleeping through the night (mostly) which means I don't need to sleep in the day, so his naptime has become my productive time! I love it!

Mia, sorry to hear about the dental woes. That sounds uncomfortable and unpleasant! We're sick again here, too. Geo has basically been sick non-stop since Thanksgiving, which I find SO frustrating, since he's still bfing (barely, but still), eats healthily, isn't in a daycare setting-- and yet he constantly has a runny nose and serious congestion/ coughing. I'm trying to up his Vit C intake and be more on top of giving him cod liver oil.

Mamabeakley, we're struggling a bit with nursing, too. DS only nurses to sleep at naptime (for all of about 7 minutes) and at night he latches on, holds on for a few seconds, then tells me he's all done. However, all of that makes my toes curl and my hair stand on end. It seriously bugs me, which I take to mean we're coming to the end of our nursing relationship. Anyone else BTDT? I have to struggle to stay calm and breathe through it. I think the night nursing will drop next and the nap nursing will probably stop when he quits napping.

Anyway, our big news is that DH started his new job yesterday! :::::::::: :

So I'm busy working on all the stuff we have to get done. It's funny, after swearing I'd never travel across the Atlantic with a toddler + cat, I'm doing it again. At least this time I know what to expect!

Much love to the May mamas, I hope you all are well.
#8 of 31 Old 02-13-2009, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations, Marylizah! That is very exciting. Good luck with all the work you have ahead of you!

We are really slow this month, aren't we?

My kids have been playing together almost entirely happily for almost 3 hours. I have no idea why, what makes today different from yesterday or the day before when they wanted to kill each other as far as I could tell. I wish I could predict or manipulate in some way . . . but I'm grateful for what I've got

I saw my MW this week and heard the baby's hb - wasn't going to, but she was having trouble palpating my uterous (it's there, and plenty high enough, just kind of far back in my abdomen or something), so she wanted to listen. It made me happy It also makes me happy that DH stopped freaking out about the $ and the MW, who is a homebirth CNM with certain restrictions on her practice I am not happy about (no breach, no twins) agreed that should one of those things she can't do but I want to do out of hospital arise, she's fine w/transfering me to a CPM who can do them, instead of to an OB. I can't go w/a CPM in the first place because of insurance/legal issues, but I would prefer that as a backup arrangement for those things to heading for surgery.

Hope you are well!

#9 of 31 Old 02-13-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoteat View Post
Hello! Not much action here so far this month, huh? Phoebe is in her room "napping." She's actually whispering stories to her doll and wiggling around her bed. She probably peed all over, too, but I'm waiting to see if she'll call me or settle herself. She just opened her door (there's a gate on it too) and now is running around her room! I guess I should go investigate after all. I'll try to be back later--but it's a crazy week here!
That sounds so adorable!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Mia** View Post
And to top it off, all of a sudden everything seems to be funking out in my mouth. I have to get a filling refilled, my 2 bottom wisdom teeth pulled, and this week have been dealing with TMJ... what the heck! We've just been super busy, trying to slow down to get everyone rested, but I'm trying to figure out when to schedule all my dental stuff.

Do any of you take anything in particular when you're feeling drained?
My preceptor swears by Nature's Sunshine liquid chlorophyll and a B complex. I keep forgetting to order both while I'm online (now would work! ) but she said she goes from blah to cleaning the house. Not sure if those are the results you want though!

on the dental issues... I just had a molar extracted and hopefully the wisdom tooth that was over/behind it will come down in it's place. The other wisdom tooth is going to require surgery so I'm putting it off... I'll have to pay cash since I had no insurance. eek. I hope everything goes well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*max*~ View Post
Thanks Mia. Yes, it is really great that the preschool does an introductory story hour. The kids who attend adjust to the new school year so easily. LO loved her first preschool experience. I explained to her that she was going to stay and have her own preschool for a little while and then I would be back to pick her up. She said, "OK Mom" and went off to play. When I picked her up she was sooo proud of herself showing me the valentine she made. Of course I was way more anxious than she was. Dd 5 and I got to spend a nice hour together during this too, so all in all it was great.
Oh, that's nice! I'm so glad it went well. Yay! Wow have you been doing a lot of crochet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylizah View Post
Anyway, our big news is that DH started his new job yesterday! :::::::::: :
Good luck with the big move! It sounds so intimidating to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamabeakley View Post
I saw my MW this week and heard the baby's hb - wasn't going to, but she was having trouble palpating my uterous (it's there, and plenty high enough, just kind of far back in my abdomen or something), so she wanted to listen. It made me happy It also makes me happy that DH stopped freaking out about the $ and the MW, who is a homebirth CNM with certain restrictions on her practice I am not happy about (no breach, no twins) agreed that should one of those things she can't do but I want to do out of hospital arise, she's fine w/transfering me to a CPM who can do them, instead of to an OB. I can't go w/a CPM in the first place because of insurance/legal issues, but I would prefer that as a backup arrangement for those things to heading for surgery.

Hope you are well!
Yay! It's always so fun to hear the baby's hb. And it's wonderful that you have a plan in case of breech or twins (you don't think it is, do you?).

We're keeping busy here... I'm apprenticing now as well as assisting the other two midwives. Next week we have a hearing for our legislation :. We've never had a hearing in the Senate before so we are really hoping.

We have record amounts of snow recently and then once it melted a bit we had rain so everything is squishy and flooded in places but it's getting warmer! We are so thrilled to see little signs of spring here and there. :
#10 of 31 Old 02-13-2009, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

NO, I have no reason to think I'm likely to have a breach or twins. The idea of either has always just freaked me out, though, solely because I would be risked out of MW care w/the CNMs who are available to me for homebirth.

I have been joking (it's a JOKE) that if this is twin girls, I'm done!

#11 of 31 Old 02-13-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
NO, I have no reason to think I'm likely to have a breach or twins. The idea of either has always just freaked me out, though, solely because I would be risked out of MW care w/the CNMs who are available to me for homebirth.

I have been joking (it's a JOKE) that if this is twin girls, I'm done!
That's understandable, you want reassurance that your homebirth isn't going to get yanked out from under you because of an unfeeling protocol.
#12 of 31 Old 02-14-2009, 07:40 AM

Hey May Mamas. MaryLizah, congrats on dh starting his new job and on the big move! When are you heading back? I am really happy that things are finally working ou for you all.

Mamabeakley, I always worried that I was pregnant with twins too! Sounds like you have a good plan in place.

BBM, good to hear from you. Sure sounds like you are living up to your name. How is all your family doing? And how is your brother? Home to stay still? I hope things are going well for him back here.

Mia, how's everyone doing at your house? I hope you all are feeling better.

Sydnee, where've ya been mama? We miss you!

We have a houseful of coughing/croup, vomitting here. It's been awful & nerve wracking. Even my dog is a nervous wreck. (She comes to let me know when the kids cough or make any noise in the night.) I've been up since 4am w/various kids. Calgon take me away!!!!

#13 of 31 Old 02-14-2009, 11:43 AM

Ugh, Max, how miserable! I hope everyone feels better soon. You must be exhausted! Hugs to all of you.

Mamabeakley, it sounds like you have a good plan! I know I would want all the bases covered with options I feel comfortable with, I'm really happy you were able to do that! Are you already in your second trimester?

BBM, I'm always so impressed by how much you manage to do at once! I'm glad spring is on it's way for you all. It's been a rough winter for everyone above the Mason-Dixon line (and for some below!).

Well, I'm off to try to disassemble a twin bed that used to belong to me that my parents are giving me for DS. Wish me luck!
#14 of 31 Old 02-14-2009, 12:29 PM

It's gotten worse - now dh has the full-blown flu! Not a very Happy Valentine's day here. I am loading up on my echinacea, garlic & vit. C, bc if I get it we are REALLY in trouble!

On a happier note, Mary, we have bunk beds that belonged to dh when he was little. It's really sweet to be able to use them for our kids now. Will you be taking furniture with you to France, or starting over again?

#15 of 31 Old 02-16-2009, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Max, I hope you are staying healthy! I remember my entire family having the flu together when I was about 9 - it was miserable!

Yep, I'm in my 2nd trimester.

DS2 is so funny. This morning he was having a fit about wanting ice-cream (DH bought some for some reason - usually I don't keep it in the house because this is what happens, but . . .) He was lying on the rug, but in such a way that if he kicked his feet on the floor, they were on the wood so it hurt - so he curled his legs up so he could kick on the rug instead!

I had a realization yesterday - when DS1 was this age, he was still entirely in diapers. Through no doing of mine, DS2 is completely potty trained and has been for a long time, but he insists that when he is going to poop, we take off ALL his clothes before he gets on the potty. This irritates me, because it takes longer. But yesterday I realized that I shouldn't complain - this means I am NOT changing poopy diapers!

Hope you are all well!

#16 of 31 Old 02-17-2009, 09:29 AM

Hi mamas! Sorry I've been MIA, I'm just trying to keep up with everything without going crazy, lol!

We are all doing well here, hoping that the weather will eventually get above 30 degrees. Ugh, it's been a loooong winter here. Health wise, I can't complain, we haven't been bombarded with stuff this year. Although it's still early Alayna started hacking yesterday, so I'm sure she's getting a cold.

Max- I will say some prayers for you guys, summer can't come fast enough, can it??!! How has preschool been going for lo??

Marylizah- Big hugs to you, mama. I read your thread in Parenting, I can only imagine how stressful things are right now.

Mamabeakley- So glad you're feeling better! How far along are you now? How is LO doing without nursing?

BBM- Fortunately here the snow has been melting gradually, so there hasn't been a huge concern for flooding. Yet, anyway.

Ok, I better scoot and get my day started. Have a wonderful week!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#17 of 31 Old 02-17-2009, 01:59 PM

Max, I hope hope hope everyone at your house is on the mend and that you've avoided getting sick. To answer your question, we are shipping back all the furniture and household goods that have been languishing in storage for the last year. We have about the equivalent of 1/2 of a 20' container. I'm in the process of getting estimates from 3 different moving companies...

Mamabeakley, how nice that your DS is potty trained! Geo now will sit on his potty before shower time. There's hope, right??

Sydnee, great to hear from you, mama! Moderating must keep you really busy (not to mention all the other things you do!).

Yeah, things are rough here. I really feel like I'm not being a good parent these days.
#18 of 31 Old 02-19-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
BBM, good to hear from you. Sure sounds like you are living up to your name. How is all your family doing? And how is your brother? Home to stay still? I hope things are going well for him back here.
That I am! We are doing well, keeping so busy but that's life. My brother is doing well, but has been laid off since he came home from Iraq (worked a week, got laid off and took over 7 weeks to get any unemployment at all). Because of the trouble with the auto industry (my dad and my brother work for GM) and not knowing if they will have jobs for long, my brother is now talking about re-enlisting.

I hope you didn't get sick too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylizah View Post
BBM, I'm always so impressed by how much you manage to do at once! I'm glad spring is on it's way for you all. It's been a rough winter for everyone above the Mason-Dixon line (and for some below!).

Well, I'm off to try to disassemble a twin bed that used to belong to me that my parents are giving me for DS. Wish me luck!
Oh, good luck with the packing. I'm sure packing for an international move takes it to a whole new level!

Quote:
I had a realization yesterday - when DS1 was this age, he was still entirely in diapers. Through no doing of mine, DS2 is completely potty trained and has been for a long time, but he insists that when he is going to poop, we take off ALL his clothes before he gets on the potty. This irritates me, because it takes longer. But yesterday I realized that I shouldn't complain - this means I am NOT changing poopy diapers!

Hope you are all well!
Oh, that's funny... I can just see him needing to "go" right before you go out the door, which is bad enough but if he has to undress to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnee View Post
Hi mamas! Sorry I've been MIA, I'm just trying to keep up with everything without going crazy, lol!

We are all doing well here, hoping that the weather will eventually get above 30 degrees. Ugh, it's been a loooong winter here. Health wise, I can't complain, we haven't been bombarded with stuff this year. Although it's still early Alayna started hacking yesterday, so I'm sure she's getting a cold.
Whew, I bet I would just go nuts with winters like that! Hopefully you'll be seeing signs of spring soon.

I spoke too soon myself, we woke up to more snow today though it did melt after the sun was out for awhile. It's hard to know how to dress!
#19 of 31 Old 02-20-2009, 05:08 PM

Mamas, I need some major prayers/thoughts from you. My mom was laid off from her job of eight years on Tuesday. Today she found out that she has a large mass outside of her uterus that they will need to do a biopsy on to see if it is cancer or not. And then next Tuesday she will have a breast ultrasound as they found a suspicious lump there also. Please pray for her, she is such an amazingly, wonderful, incredibly strong woman.

#20 of 31 Old 02-20-2009, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Sydnee, I will send my thoughts and prayers your mom's way - and yours. That sounds overwhelming and scary. I hope things start looking up soon.

DS2 potty trained himself - I had very little if anything to do with it. I think it was because he saw DS1 learning (translate: fighting using the potty obsessively) for most of the first 1.5 years of his life. I still have to "force" DS1 to go about 50% of the time :.

DS1's birthday party is this evening - whew, it is expensive! All we are doing is pizza, cake, and ice cream at my MIL & FIL's house, with a few balloons and a small pinata. And I've spent about $100! Yikes!

#21 of 31 Old 02-20-2009, 05:54 PM

Sydnee, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. She, and you, are most definitely in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Mamabeakley, happy birthday to ds1! :

February vacation week is winding down for us. Everyone is feeling much better & despite the rough start, we've had a pretty fun week. It's been so cold out that we've done lots of outings to keep everyone busy & happy - aquariums, movies, playdates, library. My neighbor has just approached me about watching her 5 year old dd for the summer. Her dd is a very sweet girl, and we love having her over to play, but I am just uncertain about caring for FIVE kids ages 9 and under by myself full time and if it would inhibit the things I am able to do w/my own kids. I'll have to think about it, but I think it might have to be a no. The extra money would be nice of course, but the extra stress certainly would not.

#22 of 31 Old 02-21-2009, 02:15 PM

Sydnee, to you and your mom. She's in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Max, glad everyone has recovered in your house! I'd be nervous too about watching 5 kids all by myself....!

Mamabeakley, great that DS2 is PT'ed!!! I'm jeaaaaalous!

We're in the throes of packing here, and off on a quick trip to Denver on Tuesday to visit a friend. Should be .... stressful, I hate the idea of traveling alone with DS, not to mention my friend is a dear, lovely, fun person but I don't think she has any idea what a 2.5 year old is like! Ah well, it's a short trip, we'll be back Thursday afternoon.

Hugs to all the May mamas.
#23 of 31 Old 02-21-2009, 05:56 PM

Sorry I haven't been on much! Every time I think to look in toddlers for us, I can't find the thread quickly and then end up moving on to something else. I was also in PA most of the past week visiting my new baby niece. She is so wonderfully snuggly. It also felt good to snuggle such a lovely newborn and have no pangs of baby-lust at all, just to confirm that I don't want any more kids.

Sydnee, I hope you mom is ok. That sounds so scary.

Mary, congrats on DH finding a job! When do you move?

Mama Beakley, how was the birthday party? I've been starting to think about what to do for Phoebe's. A little premature, I know, but with the days getting longer and the driveway at that lovely late-winter-sheet-of-ice stage I've been thinking about spring!

Our good friends are having a big family potluck tonight, and I want to see everyone really bad, but I feel like crap. I just can't see myself mustering up the energy to go, which is a bummer. I haven't really recovered from not getting enough sleep when we flew back from PA Thursday night and I think I might be coming down with something. Ugh. Phoebe is happily napping and probably won't wake up until the party has been underway for an hour anyway. I also don't know exactly what I'm teaching on Monday after a week vacation and my precious laptop is acting weird and making me nervous. Maybe I should just take a nap and start fresh in a little bit!
#24 of 31 Old 02-22-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Mamas, I need some major prayers/thoughts from you. My mom was laid off from her job of eight years on Tuesday. Today she found out that she has a large mass outside of her uterus that they will need to do a biopsy on to see if it is cancer or not. And then next Tuesday she will have a breast ultrasound as they found a suspicious lump there also. Please pray for her, she is such an amazingly, wonderful, incredibly strong woman.
Oh definitely :.
#25 of 31 Old 02-23-2009, 04:07 AM

hey y'all! just subbing bbl!

Mama to Clara 5/2/06, & Anna 11/4/08 and wife to Dan 6/8/02
#26 of 31 Old 02-25-2009, 11:15 PM

Phoebe had her biggest tantum ever today, and it was a little unsettling. What got her started was actually pretty cute--we really had to get out the door to get us both to school, and she was nursing. I told her she had 10 more seconds, which she agreed with, so I started to count. At 10, I popped her off, and she started whining "You forgot fiiiIIIIIve!!!" But she could not be convinced that I did not miss five, and LOST IT. She SCREAMED for 20 minutes, until I carried her out to the car and buckled her in with no coat or boots or anything. Then she SCREAMED for 10 minutes while I drove to her preschool. She calmed down for the last five minutes and was all sweet and lovey when we got there, but wow. That was intense. All day she's been very contrary to me. She seems intent on doing the opposite of what I tell her. (She isn't doing this with dh nearly as much.) So then she gets upset with me. And who does she want to calm her down then? Me, of course. So it's this constant "mama, I refuse to listen to you, you monster, leave me alone" flipping to "mama, I'm upset and I neeeeeed yooooouuuuu!!!!" AAAAAHHHH! Anyway, just needed to vent.
#27 of 31 Old 02-26-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
All day she's been very contrary to me. She seems intent on doing the opposite of what I tell her. (She isn't doing this with dh nearly as much.) So then she gets upset with me. And who does she want to calm her down then? Me, of course. So it's this constant "mama, I refuse to listen to you, you monster, leave me alone" flipping to "mama, I'm upset and I neeeeeed yooooouuuuu!!!!" AAAAAHHHH! Anyway, just needed to vent.
Oh my goodness! This sounds a lot like Clara, I don't know why she is like this more with me too either!! I am also convinced she is having some accidents just to get back at us for disciplining her! Maybe that's an over reaction, but oh my goodness sometimes I could scream at this testing the limits, then totally cute, then completely clingy age!! Oh well, I keep telling myself at least she isn't 14!!

Things are going pretty well here. We've taken the plunge to seriously work on getting rid of our debt, so instead of using the credit card, I've been working a ton of overtime to save up for our short TX trip in March! So not much sleep, and the house is a total disaster! I'm back to working my normal 36hours for a few weeks yea! Hope you are all doing well!

Mama to Clara 5/2/06, & Anna 11/4/08 and wife to Dan 6/8/02
#28 of 31 Old 02-26-2009, 04:19 PM

Sorry I haven't been on sooner, mamas. Everything is looking great for my mom!!!! Her breast u/s looked great, just lots of cysts. She is scheduled for a hysterectomy in a week, as she has so many cysts, including two that are the size of tennis balls! So, we just wait for the biopsy results next week, but her doc is pretty confident that all is ok. THANK YOU for the prayers/thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 of 31 Old 02-26-2009, 05:00 PM

Sydnee, I am so glad to hear things are going well w/your mom. You all must be so relieved! You will continue to be in my thoughts for her continued good health.

Kathryn, life sure sounds busy on your end! It seems like nursing is going really well for you. I'm glad. After having had four hospital births, I can't tell you how much I admire & value nurses!!! You are doing a great thing mama.

Amy, I can just picture little Phoebe in her meltdown. (How dare you forget five?!) I think this is definitely the age where independence & strong wills clash with the still present need for dependence & security.

Mary, how's the packing going? I hope things are progressing as smoothly as possible for you. When do you plan to move? And how's dh doing in France w/his new job?

BBM, how's the apprenticing going? When you become a midwife, what are your plans? Are you thinking about homebirths or working at a birthing center?

Mamabeakley, how's the second trimester treating you?

Mia, have you been crocheting much lately? I have been a lot, but only super easy things. I get totally lost w/complicated patterns, and I need brainless, relaxing work.

Not too much new to report here. LO has a big interest in the potty these days, so we are working on that quite a bit. She also has her preschool storyhour again tomorrow, which will be great for her. She just loved the last one.

#30 of 31 Old 03-01-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
So it's this constant "mama, I refuse to listen to you, you monster, leave me alone" flipping to "mama, I'm upset and I neeeeeed yooooouuuuu!!!!" AAAAAHHHH! Anyway, just needed to vent.
Aww, that sounds so funny, sad, frustrating and hair-pulling at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxMominCT View Post
Things are going pretty well here. We've taken the plunge to seriously work on getting rid of our debt, so instead of using the credit card, I've been working a ton of overtime to save up for our short TX trip in March! So not much sleep, and the house is a total disaster! I'm back to working my normal 36hours for a few weeks yea! Hope you are all doing well!
Good for you! Our plan is to be out of debt except for our mortgage by the time we get our next tax refund. : Good luck!

Quote:
Sorry I haven't been on sooner, mamas. Everything is looking great for my mom!!!! Her breast u/s looked great, just lots of cysts. She is scheduled for a hysterectomy in a week, as she has so many cysts, including two that are the size of tennis balls! So, we just wait for the biopsy results next week, but her doc is pretty confident that all is ok. THANK YOU for the prayers/thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's wonderful- what an answer to prayer! Ouch on those large cysts though.

Quote:
BBM, how's the apprenticing going? When you become a midwife, what are your plans? Are you thinking about homebirths or working at a birthing center?

Not too much new to report here. LO has a big interest in the potty these days, so we are working on that quite a bit. She also has her preschool storyhour again tomorrow, which will be great for her. She just loved the last one.
It's going! I'm on call for six births in March so it will likely be a busy month.... chugging along in my studies. The one thing I haven't managed to do, is get into a good groove with the homeschooling and my studies. So I'm hoping to figure out a better way of balancing that in the next couple of weeks. At this point, I'll only be doing homebirths. I doubt any language will be written into our bill/law that would allow CPMs to do BC births although they do in some states!

That's great about the potty! Sounds like she is doing more and more big kid things.

I'm sort of flabbergasted by how quickly Audrey is growing up, all of my kids for that matter. I'm going to wake up a mom to three teens someday soon. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page