What things do you do because you have a toddler that you never thought you'd do? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 41 Old 03-01-2009, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I happily held Alivia on my lap, waiting for an enema to kick in, while she held onto me when the cramps hit. Yeah, I got crapped on. It wasn't the first time either.

And I've used my sleeve, shirt, and fingers to wipe snot, drool, or get eye boogers. And I've done the "clean the face with my spit." (To my bf's dismay, I've also done it to him. )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 41 Old 03-01-2009, 07:25 PM

I never thought I'd be making separate dinners for my toddler- no way was the world gonna revolve around her, she was gonna eat all the same things we did.

I never thought I'd have to clean poop/pee/vomit out of pretty much every surface in my house.

I never thought I'd have to give up bathing/showering by myself because it just about breaks dd heart to be denied such an exciting experience.

I never thought I'd allow my kids to own/obsess over a cartoon character. But if a little Diego action figure brings her so much joy, so be it.

I never thought I'd be on the verge of losing my temper about a 1,000 times a day- then dd turned three!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#33 of 41 Old 03-01-2009, 08:50 PM

There is no dignity anymore, is there?! A few weeks ago, ds had a cold. We were at the grocery store in a swankier part of town. His nose was running, of course, I had no Kleenex. So, I did what any of us would automatically do- wiped it with my own fingers and then wiped on my jeans(several times, very runny nose). A very well dressed, older woman looked at me with a mix of horror and pity, and said, "Would you like a Kleenex?" Of course, I took it and felt mortified. I was in the produce section after all and realized at that moment how others might be horrified at the thought of my hands all over their produce! But I still do it and rarely have Kleenex, though I keep meaning to get my purse stocked with all that stuff good mom's always have...
#34 of 41 Old 03-01-2009, 10:03 PM

These are hilarious. I have done almost all of those same things. Picking boogers, wiping bottoms, catching chewed up food. My favorite new one thanks to potty learning is sitting on the toilet with the door wide open saying, "Look, Mommy is going peepee in the toilet".
#35 of 41 Old 03-02-2009, 04:19 AM

I have done all of the above, and I am just laughing my butt off at all of them.

When my boys were younger (they are 17 months apart), they were in constant competition, especially when it came to who had the biggest poop. It got to the point of us pulling the ruler out to try and mesure them sometimes...and keeping a tally of it, lol : They are 8 and almost 7 now and they STILL want to measure whose poop is the biggest, lol...it never ends.
#36 of 41 Old 03-02-2009, 08:56 AM

I take baby dolls to the potty and praise them for imaginary poops and pees. And then wipe their butts with real toilet paper.

I am astoundingly lucky! Mother to my beloved child since 01/06/07. Fighting cancer since 09/06/07.
#37 of 41 Old 03-02-2009, 09:09 AM

Oh I am so there with all of you...

Never thought I'd be so fine with being relatively pretty dirty (snot on shirt, Breastmilk on shirt, a little food smeared into my pants, etc...).

Never thought I'd 'let' my toddler do certain things... draw on himself, run around naked, play with everything, etc... I still try to have some sense of order and try to steer him in the right direction, but boy have I loosened up.

Never thought I'd be cleaning up so many bodily fluids.

Never thought I'd go two months without shaving my legs (hey it's winter, my DH doesn't care, and I've got better things to do with my time .

Never thought I'd laugh so hard at all the things he does on a daily basis. It's a real kick in the pants having this little boy in my life.

Never thought I'd be able to function on so little sleep, and never thought I'd be so challenged... Being a mom is hard work!

Lizbiz, wife to my man who makes me smile, and mom to one bouncy boy (08/07), one sassy girl (12/09), and one sweet new boy (08/12).

#38 of 41 Old 03-02-2009, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
SHe would sneeze it out and then breathe it back it so I had to time it right!
I've played hide and seek w/ boogers too, LOL.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J, G
I'm on a healthy mission.
#39 of 41 Old 03-02-2009, 05:23 PM

In addition to the other posts about happily accommodating or seeking out bodily fluids/functions, until I had a toddler, I never thought I'd...

... do so many dishes in one day!
... let anyone else see me put on tights (especially post-pregnancy body) but when you've gotta get out the door in the morning...you'll do anything to keep the LO entertained and in a good mood!
...still be so tired all the time
...see my bad habits (i.e. yelling at the cat, pointing my finger when I say "no") manifest themselves so quickly in DD who is rapidly picking up words
...tell so many little white lies ("no, we don't have any more Veggie Booty left")
...think it was funny when DD peed on the carpet (I'm pretty sure it was deliberately) literally 20 hours after we got it installed in her room (I thought it was funny because she was trying to get a diaper out of the drawer while running around naked and I was so proud that she is starting to recognize the urge to go...her timing's just a bit off!)
#40 of 41 Old 03-02-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits & Gravy View Post
(Now, raise your hand if you've had to not only soothe a puking baby, but also yell at a dog who was trying to help you "clean up".)
OMG that is soooooooooooo disgusting!!!! But, yes my three dogs are always more than willing to help "clean up"

Mom to, Cassi,, 25 yo daughter, 4 yo twins, Carson & Camryn 3 yo Caitlyn and my wonderful 14 yo neice, Carlie
#41 of 41 Old 03-02-2009, 08:31 PM

Great thread! Ok...so all of the above...and...when DD was littler she would have nothing to do with the nasal aspirator so...I sucked it out of her nose. I know I can't be the only one who's done this...sometimes you've just gotta do what's gotta be done :

Diana. Wife and partner to Jon since 11/04. Home-birthing, natural milky momma to Katie Annalie - 08/06 and Evan Frederick - 06/09
grouphug.gif

designer/manufacturer of: http://www.onyababy.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page