first b-day and sibling's a month later! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-03-2009, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter
ltk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So if you have kids b-days close together (a month apart in my case), what do you do?

I had a nice big party for my son's first birthday, a little family party the second yr (I had a one month old) and now I have my daughter's 1st birthday in april and his 3rd in May.

I really want to have her birthday party the way I had his, w/ all our friends and family. And I want him to not feel bad that it's his birthday a month later and it will be much smaller.

Any advice on handling this now and in the future? I just cannot have 2 birthday parties every year!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2009, 11:02 PM

A first b-day is very special and I would celebrate hers big with lots of friends and family. As far as your son's, I would just do a small get together. He is only 3 and won't really know one way or the other.

single mommy to identical twin girls (3/06) Non-traditional mama just : through life.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:14 AM

First Birthday's are more for mom and dad. We have done both individual 1st b'day parties and we have combined a 1st b'day party with a siblings. Guess what, not one of them remember their party. Do what's important to you this year. You don't have to do the same next year.

Wife of 20 years to my superhero firefighting DH. SAHM to 2 boys and 2 girls (3 babies in Heaven- Baby # 5 5/2010 & Baby #6 8/2011 & Baby # 7 2/1013). Cancer Survivor 2011 ( Persistent Malignant Gestational Trophoblastic Disease)

User Tag List