Juice - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 63 Old 04-10-2009, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we don't do juice at home, but DD has been getting it (watered down) as a special treat a couple times a month since she was about 18 months old.
she likes it, but i prefer for her to have water.

we do smoothies all the time though! especially if she's not interested in food... she's always up for a smoothie! i put in frozen fruit, wheat germ, some milk and yogurt. i make popsicles by pureeing fresh fruit and water, and sometimes put in yogurt as well.

ETA: DD's pediatrician said that she doesn't recommend juice, but juice that you can't see through is best. orange juice, veg/fruit combos etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 63 Old 12-18-2013, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

5 YEAR OLD has beeen drinking juice since 1. She still loves it! try to give only around 1 and older. 2 sippy cups a day!

#63 of 63 Old 12-26-2013, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
I'm not big on juice either but my daughter did not like milk and stopped drinking it at like 18 months so I would give her orange juice with calcium and vitamin d. I also would give her v8 fusion which is fruit and veggie juice when she was like 2 and started getting picky about eating veggies, but then I stopped when the whole thing came out about arsenic in apple juice and they all have Apple juice in them. I do give her juice boxes in her lunch box now that she's started school just because it's more like a treat for her to take them in her lunch and I know she will drink it all but other than that we do all water! (Apple and eve came back with the lowest levels in the study find so I only buy them!) My 14 month old still breast feeds and drinks about one sippy cup a day of water. He still breast feeds every 2-3 hours so I know he gets his fluids from that smile.gif sometimes he has coconut milk but maybe once a week if I leave him with someone or on a day I'm not feeling well and need to cut back on nursing time. (But again not very often)

DH 31; Me 30; DD 6; DS 1; Baby boy due Dec 17th

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page