Feb '08 Toddlers--it's April! - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 287 Old 04-30-2009, 03:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaMama View Post
i hardly ever worry about these things, but for some reason i'm kinda worried about this one. avian flu i was like, "whatevs people. chill out. " but this one i'm like, "okay honey go to town and get all the produce we'll need to a few weeks so we can watch this whole thing play out. :"
I reacted the same way to the Avian Flu scare. Mike and the ILs sat down and I told them that it was pretty unlikely, we were in the wrong part of the country anyway and we were all going to be fine. I managed to hold off on telling the ILs that the only reason TheraFlu and Zicam and their ilk exist has to do with AIDS research. I'm totally mean enough to call people on hypocrisy in situations like that.

But this has me nervous, especially given the timing of it all. Meh. :

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#272 of 287 Old 04-30-2009, 03:42 AM

There's five cases in the UK: all in London or Worcester, except a girl of 12 who's all the way down in Devon, a good 150 miles from the other cases.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#273 of 287 Old 04-30-2009, 06:50 AM

Emily - I would love to have a girls night sipping on red wine and chatting up a storm. It would be very very awesome.

What is up with this flu? I am reading more and more people getting freaked out by it. All I have managed to really understand is that it is some weird mix of 2 types of swine flu, an avian flu and a human flu strain all mixed up into one. Not having TV and not reading newspapers I somehow have missed the story mostly.
Rynna - I hope you are feeling better. Did you get yourself tested?
Apparently 2 people here in Israel have tested positive for the flu - but it seems to be very mild?????

All the talk of gardening is very exciting for me. My little seedlings are doing so well and I hope that this year we actually will be eating some food from out garden :
I also have managed to keep my lavender and geranium near the clothes drying line alive... I dream of having my laundry all sweet smelling as I take it in and fold it

Loving the spring feeling and all the green around me :

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#274 of 287 Old 04-30-2009, 07:44 AM

Update: Tomorrow's the day unless of course the baby decides to come on her own. I didn't even have to ask, dr just came in the room and said he had been checking into the possibility of getting things started for me.

Thankfully he's not going to induce with pitocin (whew I've heard it's awful). I'm going in at 7:15 tomorrow morning and he's going to strip the membranes. Then I get to come home and wait for contractions to kick in. He would have done it yesterday but he had no open beds in the ob unit so I got to pick between today or tomorrow. I'm dialated to a 2-3 easy so he said once he does his thing labor could go pretty quickly.

I'll keep you all posted.

Does anyone have a biter on their hands? Eli has been terrible lately thanks to learning it from my nephew who bites when he's mad. My nephew even bites himself when his older sister picks at him yet my sil wonders why?? WE tell Eli no biting when he tries but it's not working.

Heather-Mom to Kendall Elizabeth 11/24/00 :. Eli James 01/28/08 :nana:, and Quinn Erin 05/03/09 :
#275 of 287 Old 04-30-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Okay, so I'm feeling supremely paranoid right now because I feel like poop on a stick. My throat's killing me, I've got a dry(ish) cough that's irritating the crap out of my asthma (and my ears), drippy nose & eyes, and (here's the real kicker) horrible muscle aches & a slight chill. Under ordinary circumstances, I'd drink a ton of tea and sleep as much as possible... but these are not ordinary times, so I'll go and have my blood drawn and be 30zillion times more paranoid than I might otherwise be.
*hug* I am paranoid about this one, too, just because it's spreading so easily. There are likely 2 cases in my state right now and I'm working in a hotbed of germy teenagers with terrible immune systems (we had a mumps outbreak a few years ago) and I"m sure many of them traveled to Mexico over the spring break. If only this thing had waited 2 more weeks so we could have been done with school and everything could be ok. I'm worried more about the preventive measures we'll likely be advised to take -- staying indoors, staying away from public areas -- we are going :: being cooped up as it is and I'm counting the days until school is out and we can work on our COMMUNITY garden plot (sigh) and play outside all day.

This whole thing sucks!

We had a restless night of sleep last night but of course Robin sacked out hard just before it's time for the grown ups to get up and get ready for the day .

Love you guys.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#276 of 287 Old 04-30-2009, 03:42 PM

Posting from the Wii!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Rynna- Hope its just a cold and nothing more!

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#277 of 287 Old 04-30-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBump View Post
Update: Tomorrow's the day unless of course the baby decides to come on her own....

Does anyone have a biter on their hands? Eli has been terrible lately thanks to learning it from my nephew who bites when he's mad. My nephew even bites himself when his older sister picks at him yet my sil wonders why?? WE tell Eli no biting when he tries but it's not working.
Good luck tomorrow! Of course, I hope that babe decides to get things moving on her own before then, but you never know!

R is definitely going through a(nother) bitey stage. It's...ugh. I'm fully blaming it on teething - she has 2 bicuspids & 3 molars coming through right now. That said, I think it's also a way she has found of communicating that she is frustrated or all done with a situation - usually indicating that she needs some space to herself.

That's my theory, anyways.
#278 of 287 Old 04-30-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBump View Post
Update: Tomorrow's the day unless of course the baby decides to come on her own. I didn't even have to ask, dr just came in the room and said he had been checking into the possibility of getting things started for me.
Good luck. That is so exciting. I will definitly be thinking of you and hoping that it all progresses smoothly.

:

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#279 of 287 Old 04-30-2009, 04:49 PM

Babybump we're all pulling for you!! : Oh how exciting!

Hugs to all worried about the flu. I guess it doesn't bother me, but I'm also just watching to see how it all unfolds. Near as I can see the US cases have been mild. So I reckon many undiagnosed cases could have been out there as people didn't see fit to do anything but stay home and recover.

And - my cast is off!! Woohoo! I have to really work to make a fist and cannot extend/flex it well, but I'm working on it. Never thought I'd be sooo glad to do the dishes! hee hee!

signature currently in transition
#280 of 287 Old 04-30-2009, 06:00 PM

Hi Mamas! I'm still around, though on internet only at the library so therefore on limited time. I haven't read any of the posts this month. Just wanted to say I miss you all and wanted to update on our progress. DD is walking! One day she took 5 steps all at once and within a few days she was walking, turning, etc. She was just waiting until she knew how to do it before really giving it a try I guess. She was so completely proud of herself too, it was so cute to watch her walking and yelling in excitement those first few days. She would work herself into a bit of a sweat even, she was so excited. She also has 3 molars through with the 4th starting to bust out now. I'm in a new town, not the one I thought I'd be in, but I like it so far. We are in a transistional housing place and will be here for a bit. We have our own room and kitchenette, no stove, just a microwave. It sucks cuz I won't even own a microwave in my own home and now I'm stuck with using it for most everything. Ugh.... I've been eating lots of salad. When can our LO's start eating greens raw? DD's diet is concerning me, I feel at a loss as to what I can feed her given our circumstances. She likes peas, sweetened beans, soaked raisins, and sweet potato. But I would like to expand her diet. She still gets formula sometimes and warmed milk others. She is well except we've not been able to defeat the constipation/compaction issues. I've been letting her drink prune juice and it helps some, apple juice makes her rashy. Ugh.... all these challenges and limitations and I just want her to be able to poop with ease. I know I need to find a way to get more fluids like water into her, but it's hard cuz I don't want the sippy cup spilling all in our room on the bed and stuff. That is where we spend most of our time.

Ugh, I've gotta go, my time is nearly up here. I just wanted to drop in and say Hello and send s to everyone and their LO's.
#281 of 287 Old 04-30-2009, 08:53 PM

Feeling cautiously optimistic re: flu. I'm chugging TheraFlu and resting, but I have hope. : Also.. I miss my redhead.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#282 of 287 Old 05-01-2009, 12:21 AM

Rynna: Hang in there!!!

Theia: Thanks for checking in! So sorry to hear about the constipation issues

Teeny: Congrats: on no cast!!

Babybump!!! I'll be thinking about you tonight and tomorrow!! Healthy baby vibes!!!

Flu: Not really thinking about it much, other than just making sure to wash my hands after being out and about, and before making food and things like that. I have friends stockpiling food, but I feel like that is really premature at this point. The poor little guy who died in Texas was visiting from Mexico City, and had been sick for a while before getting treatment in the US, so I don't think that I have been too worried about things here at this point.
We'll see how the next few weeks go, though.
#283 of 287 Old 05-01-2009, 01:57 AM

I think some of it finally hit me tonight. I sobbed for a good 10-15 minutes straight. I had to take a Xanax to calm myself down because the shaking was making me unable to sleep. Hopefully I'll be able to go to sleep in a few minutes and be ok. I needed DH to be here so badly, but I couldn't bother him at work and risk his job over this. So I prayed and hopefully I'll feel better in the morning.

I don't see my counselor again for another 2 weeks. Feels like 2 months.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#284 of 287 Old 05-01-2009, 02:28 AM

theia- SO good to see you!! we're looking right now for rentals around that area, probably moving november-ish. not sure how to help with the constipation issue... is there any way for you to make a green smoothie? like, juice and kale and maybe some cucumber? lots of liquid and fiber?

sarah lynne- big huge hugs mama!! can you schedule another appt sooner? if not, make yourself a mug of tea, read a book, watch a movie? i don't know, i've never been in your shoes so i'm not sure if i should advocate distancing yourself from the emotion or letting yourself completely and fully feel it and move through it...

heather- you're having a baby soon may you have a wonderful birth!

rynna- glad you're feeling okay. fingers crossed!

emily- count me in for margarita night too! and, um, i am sorta stock piling food : but it's not just because of the flu, it's more a realization that when you don't have much money it's better to fill the pantry when things are on sale rather than save money, eat the pantry down, and then buy at full price.

eh. who needs a signature?
#285 of 287 Old 05-01-2009, 03:55 AM

Theia, River's cup has a straw- I think it's made by Avent- that he can suck, but doesn't leak, and it rocks my world. Skye had them too, and it's great. I can't find htem online.

Sarah Lynne

well, our bank accounts are now significantly emptier and by the middle of the day, we should be home owners... I'm scared and excited and really, really missing my dad right now.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#286 of 287 Old 05-01-2009, 08:05 AM

Helen- Good luck on the house!!!

I'm feeling better this morning. Didn't get much sleep and definitely have to talk to DH when he gets home about what happened.

OH and I'm super excited because I won $100 on one of my GPT sites

#287 of 287 Old 05-01-2009, 10:44 AM

New thread here

signature currently in transition

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page