Forum Jump: 

#61 of 287 Old 04-06-2009, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by salt_phoenix View Post
Stuff I feed Ember: quesadilla, cubed cheese/string cheese,
Man, all of that is so out for Bear. I'm pretty damned sure he's got an allergy to dairy as well as nuts, eggs, and potentially soy and wheat. : We'll be looking in to skin testing for him, but he's SO much happier when he's not being exposed to those foods and he's not sick. The trouble is, it's all in the air here in a big way and his siblings love to feed him. I'm still trying to figure out whether or not we'll be able to feed everyone if our entire family has to go egg, nut, and dairy free. We may be completely screwed. Today the bigger kids had shells and cheese for lunch. Bear only got about two shells, but he went from being calm and mellow to being clingy and sad, and his rash reappeared within minutes. His voice is hoarse (you'd think that he'd been crying nonstop for days... or that he's coughing/wheezing) and he's got diarrhea after several days of no/normal-formed poop. Holy hell am I depressed. Intellectually, I recognize the extreme and acute nature of his reactions as potentially anaphalactic, and that's absolutely terrifying. I keep saying, "He's not there right now, and I can get to an ER in moments, and I know with absolute certainty what ambulance response time is like around here (having called them on more than one occasion to deal with Mike's pre-dawn hypoglycemic episodes)" but it doesn't negate the feeling that I ought to be carrying an EpiPen for the littlest man, and the deep, nagging fears involved.

What do poor people do when they have kids with severe food allergies? And what on earth will I do if he's allergic to soy?! There's soy oil in Neocate, for crying out loud-- and I've never heard of a kid who was allergic to Neocate who didn't end up on a feeding tube "eating" an even more expensive amino acid slurry. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
Rynna, I'd actually like you to speak to fertility a little if you would, even a pm if you'd be more comfortable and have extra time...and I know you have loads of that right!?! It's something I've been thinking about a lot but I'm not really seeing strong correlations though.
I started answering this here, and then I realized that the post was going to be like, a page and a half long... so I cut it out and pasted it into my blog instead. PM me for the URL, which I am happy to share but cannot post here, and be aware of the following if you choose to read beyond the post about fertility: A) I am and have been insane. B) I have strong opinions, and favor writing as self-expression-- what you see isn't always the full story. C) I'm willing to clarify but not to justify anything you find there-- feel free to ask questions, but if you're just out to cry, "How could you!" know that I'll try to find a polite way to tell you where to shove it only because I consider most of you ladies friends-- usually, I just tell them where to shove it with no effort at politeness. D) I swear like a sailor. Actually, I've met quite a few sailors and I swear more than any of them. In fact, I think I once wrote an entire blog post on my use of certain... er... colorful metaphors.

Quote:
Emily, I can kind of identify, I thought I wanted at least 4 kids. Now I'm really leaning towards just one more. I love the end of pregnancy, birth, and early postpartum and want to do it more but I can't see the long term of having more kids anymore. It's weird and kind of surprises me. I've thought of being a gestational surrogate but I don't know if it's something I could do. I know I couldn't be a traditional surrogate. My sister has talked to me about donating eggs to her and I initially said of course but after actually thinking about it I just can't. Anyway.....I just got way off topic, sorry!
I'd love to be an egg donor. Seriously, that would be the most perfect reconciliation for me-- I'd be able to get my tubes tied without a second thought if I was donating eggs. That said, while I'm ridiculously smart (objectively) and probably pretty enough, most people don't want fat or even chubby donors. It's rather a pity, as my fatness isn't actually genetic as much as it is environmental (and I have four slim children to prove it-- slim children who will in all likelihood grow up to be slim adults). Of course I'd want to know that the kid was going to be raised by reasonable human beings and such, and I'd love updates and pictures, but beyond that I'd be very content to have my genes 'out there' in more ways.

Does that make me weird? If I was a guy, I'd be slimmer and I'd no doubt be doing the known donor thing. Seriously. Of course, I'd have to reconcile that with the whole fertility issue in a whole different way-- a guy who has his tubes snipped loses the option of sharing genetic material. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetobemama View Post
Nothing says "rocking Sunday night" like cleaning your 1-yr-old's poop out of the bathtub! It's great...really...try it...I just did.:Puke
I shouldn't laugh, but my first thought was, "At least she's not digging it out of carpeting or trying to figure out the best way to get it out of a matress..." : Poop in the bathtub? Heck, that's practically the toilet! (For the record, I clean poop out of the bathtub at least three times a week. At *least*. )

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#62 of 287 Old 04-07-2009, 12:05 PM

Im sorry Im feeling jokey today, but Rynna, you asked how do poor people handle food allergies and then talked about being an egg donor... I think you have your answer! (LOL! j/k). Seriously, I don't know how folks do it.

Lovetobemama, my favorite quote from DSS and DSD's younger years: "Leah! Jessie pooped in the tub! AND SHE"S PLAYING WITH IT!!" I stepped out for maybe seconds when DSS screamed this - he had scrambled up to the edge of the tub with a look of horror on his face. We've certainly been there.

Nara is sleeping part of the night in her crib. I think she would have stayed in the crib for lon ger last night, but her coughing bothered us and Mr Toona brought her in. She seems to cough while lying down. Its wierd bc when I was a kid, I coughed at night (don't know how early that started) alot and it didn't stop until aftermy tonsils were out. She hasn't been coughing during the day, just some snot that appears to be associated with teething.

She has got down this little sing-song "plee-eeeease" with the sign for it when she really wants something, usually food. Her walking just suddenly gots loads better and Ithink she adds new words constantly. Now is the time I must watch my mouth. She also says "poop" when she's pooped (not that it isn't obvious, but she gets it).

signature currently in transition
#63 of 287 Old 04-07-2009, 02:38 PM

Nighttime coughing, especially when it's exclusive to nighttime, is a symptom of asthma. It only gets worse if it's not controlled.

#64 of 287 Old 04-07-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Nighttime coughing, especially when it's exclusive to nighttime, is a symptom of asthma. It only gets worse if it's not controlled.
Hmm. I will keep watching her. It's justwierd because I coiughed constantly at night for years and never had asthma. : I should take note. Does it make any difference that it seems to stop when we bring her in with us?

#65 of 287 Old 04-07-2009, 04:42 PM

Many people with mild asthma have no symptoms aside from nighttime coughing. That said, if hers disappears when you bring her in with you, there are three likely causes: 1) The attention cough. Some kids pout, some whimper, some talk, some cough. So she could be "calling" you. 2) There's something different, allergen-wise, between your room and hers. Does her room have carpeting, while yours has a hard floor? Perhaps her sheets are washed more/less often, or in different detergent? 3) The air is dryer in her room than it is in yours, in which case a cool mist humidifier will solve the problem entirely for you.

#66 of 287 Old 04-07-2009, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Salt Pheonix: Love the hot springs pics! Oh I'm so jealous. I spent a year in NM and loved the springs there. Would love to take my girls and DH to some. They are budding water babies too!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#67 of 287 Old 04-07-2009, 06:09 PM

Teeny, I'd keep a close eye and add a humidifier. FWIW, Isaac's asthma was always better when tucked up in bed with us, because cold air is one of his triggers...

I'm premenstrual and turning into a weepy, gibbering, self-pitying pile of poo again. I'm fed up with hormones, I tell you It's also five minutes since I finally lured River into bed, and I'm knackered.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#68 of 287 Old 04-07-2009, 11:05 PM

oh Helen, me too... although I am pretty sure it's not pms (I just had af last week) : I feel like my friends hate me and dh doesn't want to talk to me. Anyway, just wanted to commiserate a little with you and I really hope you feel better soon! And since I think I forgot to earlier, congratulations on buying a house! We bought our house 2 years ago and while right now we wish we had gone with something smaller/cheaper it is still all worth it

Cheryl, proud mama to Jackson... and a baby on the way!
#69 of 287 Old 04-08-2009, 04:49 AM

Thankyou! It's getting very very stressful- we had a hiccup with the paperwork and had to get the mortgage reoffered. Hopefully we're going to be able to complete next week, though.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#70 of 287 Old 04-08-2009, 09:10 AM

Something's up with Robin and I don't know what, maybe you guys can help.

Over the past few days she's had several (1-2/day, compared to her 1 every other day) poopy diapers that are runny/watery and smelly (very strong stinky vinegar-y smell). She's been super gassy/burpy. Her appetite is off, she's eating less solids (usually she is happy with almost anything, lately she's been spitting out old favorites) and nursing more. She's been cranky and fussy. Her napping is pretty good and her nighttime rest is good. She's hydrated between juice and breastmilk - diapers are plenty heavy.

???? Just superbad teething? (seems unlike past teething episodes and I can't see any new teeth but what does that prove) Intestinal virus (no vomiting, doesn't seem bad enough really)? HELP!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#71 of 287 Old 04-08-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Many people with mild asthma have no symptoms aside from nighttime coughing. That said, if hers disappears when you bring her in with you, there are three likely causes: 1) The attention cough. Some kids pout, some whimper, some talk, some cough. So she could be "calling" you. 2) There's something different, allergen-wise, between your room and hers. Does her room have carpeting, while yours has a hard floor? Perhaps her sheets are washed more/less often, or in different detergent? 3) The air is dryer in her room than it is in yours, in which case a cool mist humidifier will solve the problem entirely for you.
I will definitely keep watch for a while. I don't think its attention, she usually will cry if it gets to it. Maybe I did have asthsma as a kid? Is it the sort of thing one outgrows? Who knows. No carpeting in either room (just a rug in ours). We wash everything about the same, but that room does get less activity. We do have the changing table/diaper pail in there. But the pail is usually closed. Thanks Rynna for your advice, you are quite the guru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Teeny, I'd keep a close eye and add a humidifier. FWIW, Isaac's asthma was always better when tucked up in bed with us, because cold air is one of his triggers...

I'm premenstrual and turning into a weepy, gibbering, self-pitying pile of poo again. I'm fed up with hormones, I tell you It's also five minutes since I finally lured River into bed, and I'm knackered.
Guess I will bust out the humidifier. Could be that it's a colder temp thing. Mr Toona seems to think so. for your premenstrual self. Boy I know days like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecat View Post
oh Helen, me too... although I am pretty sure it's not pms (I just had af last week) : I feel like my friends hate me and dh doesn't want to talk to me. Anyway, just wanted to commiserate a little with you and I really hope you feel better soon! And since I think I forgot to earlier, congratulations on buying a house! We bought our house 2 years ago and while right now we wish we had gone with something smaller/cheaper it is still all worth it
we love you, firecat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
Something's up with Robin and I don't know what, maybe you guys can help.

Over the past few days she's had several (1-2/day, compared to her 1 every other day) poopy diapers that are runny/watery and smelly (very strong stinky vinegar-y smell). She's been super gassy/burpy. Her appetite is off, she's eating less solids (usually she is happy with almost anything, lately she's been spitting out old favorites) and nursing more. She's been cranky and fussy. Her napping is pretty good and her nighttime rest is good. She's hydrated between juice and breastmilk - diapers are plenty heavy.

???? Just superbad teething? (seems unlike past teething episodes and I can't see any new teeth but what does that prove) Intestinal virus (no vomiting, doesn't seem bad enough really)? HELP!

I'd say it's more than teething, esp withrefusing solids. DD seem to prefer some solids to chew on while teething. What it is, I just don't know. I bet someone wiser than me would have a suggestion.

This kid is wierd. She saw me taking cod liver oil and said pleeee-eeease, so I gave her a wee bit. Then she got mad at me because I didn't give her more. I hope her tastes stay this exotic throughout toddler hood.

#72 of 287 Old 04-08-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
I will definitely keep watch for a while. I don't think its attention, she usually will cry if it gets to it. Maybe I did have asthsma as a kid? Is it the sort of thing one outgrows?
Many do; Sometimes kids just wheeze because their bronchial tubes aren't big enough, and as they grow it gets easier.

Quote:
Guess I will bust out the humidifier. Could be that it's a colder temp thing. Mr Toona seems to think so. for your premenstrual self. Boy I know days like that.

Quote:
I'd say it's more than teething, esp withrefusing solids. DD seem to prefer some solids to chew on while teething. What it is, I just don't know. I bet someone wiser than me would have a suggestion.
Me too. I'd start with the diet-- it really could be anything. If she's not running a fever or acting sick, it's more likely to be something she's eating (or something that you're eating) than anything else. Has anything changed?

Quote:
This kid is wierd. She saw me taking cod liver oil and said pleeee-eeease, so I gave her a wee bit. Then she got mad at me because I didn't give her more. I hope her tastes stay this exotic throughout toddler hood.
Kids are so weird. I think sometimes they choose to like things just to spite us and mess with our heads.

#73 of 287 Old 04-08-2009, 04:15 PM

Lauren, I also lean toward either something she ate, or a weird teething situation. You never know when the teething will hurt...my kids seem worse when they are still weeks away from an actual tooth breakthrough. They will chew and drool like crazy and be cranky, then be perfect for another month, then the teeth will come.
But it could be tummy-trouble too. Did she eat anything new lately?

Helen, can't wait till the house is good and settled for you. It's always so stressful to be in times of transition like this.

Teeny, glad she eats so creatively! Molly is still giving me a run for my money on what she will try. Maybe I should break out the cod liver oil!
#74 of 287 Old 04-08-2009, 06:03 PM

I initially thought diet, too, but she's had these gross poops now 4 days in a row and I can't think of a thing we're eating that she hasn't had before.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#75 of 287 Old 04-09-2009, 07:47 AM

If she hasn't eaten anything new, I'd lean towards teething. Eli was kinda of off a few weeks ago- meals were torture because he was refusing to eat just about everything, diapers were way more stinky, and he would go from happy to total crab in seconds. A couple weeks went by and he pushed through a couple teeth. New he's eating again, except veggies-we are on a current strike of all things veggie, and the diapers have straightened out.

Eating-Eli eats pretty much everything-except most all veggies right now. Frustrating but I'm sure it's a phase. He and I had lucnh with my parents on saturday at a mexican place. Eli grabbed a chip from the basket and proceeded to dip it in salsa. He never really tired to eat it. I think it was more a look what I can do thing. I was prepared to snatch it so there were no choking incidents in the booth if he took a big bite out of it.

Eli has slept through the night two nights in row. Knock on wood it continues.

I go to the dr today. Cross your fingers maybe this baby will be even closer to making her debut.

Helen Good luck with the house. It can be such a pain, but you'll love it once it's over!!

Heather-Mom to Kendall Elizabeth 11/24/00 :. Eli James 01/28/08 :nana:, and Quinn Erin 05/03/09 :
#76 of 287 Old 04-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Ok, I have to admit, Toby's diapers are just like that. And he has 4 out of 5 poopy diapers. It drives me nuts. I was worried I have been feeding him something bad but we haven't changed his diet at all. I think it's teething for him because all four freaking molars are RIGHT THERE taunting me. Only one has actually broken through. And DH took the diaper bag (accidentally) in the car today, leaving me without teething tablets. AHHH!!!

I'm kind of bummed. All of my friends (okay, 9 out of 10 of my friends) are pregnant. And 8 of them are having girls. I know sterilizing was the only way to make sure I would be safe and not die, but man I would have loved to have a little girl. Or a little boy again. Not picky. SIGH.

Then again, thinking of those 4 diapers and the amount of whining I'm dealing with daily ... maybe I'll be okay just holding their babies

Kris - married to Nate since 12/06, mom to Toby since 1/08. Also servant to two felines. Done having babies for medical reasons.

#77 of 287 Old 04-09-2009, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisis View Post
I'm kind of bummed. All of my friends (okay, 9 out of 10 of my friends) are pregnant. And 8 of them are having girls. I know sterilizing was the only way to make sure I would be safe and not die, but man I would have loved to have a little girl. Or a little boy again. Not picky. SIGH.

)
:

I can relate.
#78 of 287 Old 04-09-2009, 09:07 PM

subbing

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
#79 of 287 Old 04-09-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisis View Post
... maybe I'll be okay just holding their babies
Now THIS I can totally relate to! And is actually part of why I think I might feel done with 2. Both my sister and SIL are going to be trying for babies again in the next couple of years, and I really want to be able to be there for those future nieces and/or nephews. If I have another, I won't get to be "Auntie Em" to any of the other babies that are probably coming into my life in the next few years.
But the joy is that I will just get to freely cuddle, and then go home and get a good night's sleep...ahhh...sounds lovely!!
#80 of 287 Old 04-10-2009, 09:54 AM

It's still a mystery what her tummy issue is/was. Yesterday she broke her daily-disgusting-diaper cycle. I hope this means whatever this is, it's going away! Thank goodness for breastfeeding, though. If she'd been weaned I think her refusal to eat would have been much scarier.

She's still off in terms of solids eating but I hope that will change. Mostly she's refusing cheese (which is like her favorite) and cold fruit (which she has always been iffy on, anyway). She ate a whole plate of asparagus the other day, so that was reassuring. But mostly she's been eating ritz crackers .

I can't get my finger in there to feel for molars but for now that feels like the best explanation.

She's doing this ADORABLE dancing now where she marches and spins -- !!!

I think we're going to go on a hike/walk today. I'm so stir crazy!!!

#81 of 287 Old 04-10-2009, 12:55 PM

Hey mamas,
so i finally got my subbing set up to the correct email so I can try to catch up and keep up. I miss all my mams even though some of us are on Facebook.

Well Henry is home again with a tummy bug. He is having horrible runny, awful smelling diarrhea. We are only giving him toast, though dh gave him a cereal bar and I am not so sure he was ready for that, owell. He is sleeping now.
He threw up at school yesterday, seeing that was kinda scary as a mom. I felt so bad for my little doodle.

He is trying to get all 4 molars at once..FUN! He has half of one poking through but the other 3 are just super swollen. He seems to only life soft foods like canned fruit, cereal bars, applesauce, and chicken nuggets. o well it should end soon.

He is walking all over, has been walking for about a month! now he is climbing. he does the stairs well, and we are learning how to go down the correct way. He chatters all the time and I think he is trying to say ball. He says Thank you and uh oh. I need to get a video of him "reading" super cute!

Babybump...i am glad to see you are almost due!

sorry to hear about sick babies! Henry has a dairy allergy. i am planning on having him tested for the top 8 soon. His iron levels are getting better, so that is good. His ear tubes are working wonders and he has been sleeping well at night, now getting him to go to bed is another story.

Well gotta call in and see if they need me at the daycare...look forward to catching up!

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
#82 of 287 Old 04-11-2009, 02:02 PM

hi mamas!!

it's so funny but i seem to have a problem with checking into toddlers, i keep going to lwab! though linnaea is definitely a toddler, and i couldn't find anything relevant in the lwab forum.

linnaea pulled a chair over onto herself the other day and got a huge fat lip, luckily she didn't break any teeth. she's so cute, we'll hand her things and tell her to go bring them to daddy, or mama, or bubba, or grandpa and off she trots

lauren- o glad to hear that robin's poo resolved, linnaea had some funky stinky stuff the other day and i'm not sure why. teething could definitely have been it.

heather- i can't believe you are getting so close!! i'm so crazy, now i'm thinking that having two close together would be awesome!

i just read this crazy thread about the copper iud enhancing pms and depression and i REALLY think that is why i've been so crazy! i feel so much better now that i've taken it out, and we'll see how it is if i get pms or not, but it is a weird coincidence.

okay, sorry i don't have more, hi to firecat and krisis and gena and emily and nos, and rynna and helen and allyn and EVERYONE! our weather is so nice right now that i'm just gardening like a maniac and trying to stay off the internet. ha!

eh. who needs a signature?
#83 of 287 Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 AM

I have only three words to say: I love redheads. :

More later. :

#84 of 287 Old 04-12-2009, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Happy Easter to those who celebrate.

I'm really regretting putting in my two cents in the reading toddlers discussion or even if I hadn't been able to keep my trap shut, did I REALLY have to show Terran his brother's old Ball-Stick-Bird books? He was such a nice, NORMAL child and now I'm afraid I've messed that all up and could wind up back in the world of gifted and talented kids.

Rynna...?? .HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course all small children are gifted and talented and weird in different ways. Terran was one of our earlier talkers but he's nowhere near having the tongue and lip co-ordination to name the letters of the alphabet the way Senara does and my experience with the big kids leads me to believe that Bean will slow down by 7th grade and won't be devouring curricula like jelly beans forever.

Sarah Lynne I was having problems with panic attacks after Chris ran away and at the beginning of this pregnancy and they are no fun at all! My naturopath was much more helpful tjhan my MD, but somehow just having a diagnosis and knowing that I wasn't going to drop dead with no warning leaning my quadropldegic client stranded until the next caregiver showed up for the next shift made it so much easier to deal with.

Carrie the internet will be here on rainy days and sick days; go enjoy your garden and these magical days of rebirth, renewal, and ressurrection!

Heather (BabyBump) it's getting close now! I'm so excited for you (but glad it's not me; I didn't realize how important CLW was to me until our weaning scare).

[B]Lauren[./B] is everything all resolved with Robin's tummy? Probiotics worked almost instantly on Terran's runny yellow smelly poo. He had the 24 hour flu for a WEEK before I figured that one out....um....I mean posted to get advice on what to do.

:

Krisis I hope you're feeling better, both physically and spiritually, and I remember some of the other mamas here discussing essure earlier in the game so I'm sure your reports are appreciated. I try to make a point of not whining about being unpartnered, but family planning decisions are so difficult that I do sometimes wish that I could just leave it up to chance. There are many advantages to Toby being your one and only, and now that the deciding is done you can get on with the enjoying.

Emily I am an only child so I'll never get to have any neices or nephews, but I do relate to what you said about being an aunt and I do look forward to being an unofficial auntie and adopted gramma and filling my house with children again.

Stephen, the teemager I was tutoring during my pregnancy, called yesterday and he's on Facebook!

Allyn it's always great to hear from you and I hope Henry gets those molars through soon. We're working on them too, but one side is further along than the other and since I don't have any molars of my own, I'm actually really excited about how much easier eating is going to be when they're all the way in. Right now I chew up whole nuts and "baby bird" them to Terran (WAY too slowly for his taste, lol) and I'm looking forward to a role reversal.

Teeny i know you're here and i look forward to a nice long "visit" with you when your wrist is all healed.

Firecat and Helen on the PMS

Julie I LOVE Sagan's observations on the holiday and have been quoting her incessantly. Now I REALLY want to unschool Terran.

I'm sure I forgot someone but I need to get off the fool machine now.

:
#85 of 287 Old 04-12-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
Rynna...?? .HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course all small children are gifted and talented and weird in different ways. Terran was one of our earlier talkers but he's nowhere near having the tongue and lip co-ordination to name the letters of the alphabet the way Senara does and my experience with the big kids leads me to believe that Bean will slow down by 7th grade and won't be devouring curricula like jelly beans forever.
All children are gifts, all children have talents, but not all children are gifted. Hate to have to come out and say it that way, but it is so. Now on to it: Bear talks a lot, but he doesn't talk the way Bean did. That is, at 14 months he's largely understandable to family and those who speak fluent "baby" but only words like, "Mama" "Bella," "Dada" "quack-quack" and "peek-boo" are understandable to the uninitiated. When Bean was 14 months old, strangers understood him and took notice. When BooBah was born, Bean was 19 months old and I remember him telling a nurse, "That baby sister just came out of my mom's uterus. My grandma drove me here in her Mazda!" And so on and so forth. The nurse asked him to repeat the occasional word, but not because she didn't understand him-- it was more the shock of seeing a child in 12-month sized clothing chatting her up like a comfortable, confident four or five year old.

They don't slow down; For the most part, they develop hormones and become somewhat disenchanted. I'm having school issues, and quite frankly don't know what we'll be doing next year but I still have hope.

I also have Twitter. PM me if you want to follow. I find it cute... and it will enable me to keep up with my new paramour. :

#86 of 287 Old 04-13-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
Lauren is everything all resolved with Robin's tummy? Probiotics worked almost instantly on Terran's runny yellow smelly poo. He had the 24 hour flu for a WEEK before I figured that one out....um....I mean posted to get advice on what to do.
Thanks for your concern everyone. Yes, whatever it was that she was dealing with seems to have passed. It lasted about 6 days and my maternal hunch is that it was a mild tummy bug. I can't see or feel anything that would indicate it was teething. At the end I DID give her some probiotics though not enough to do any good, I don't think (wish I'd thought of it earlier, but she was so off her solids that I didn't want to mess with anything). Anyway, the poop started to improve and as that got better, her appetite started to return and now she seems back to her usual ways of eating anything and everything in sight. THANK GOODNESS for nursing though. I think this would have been much more alarming if she had been more dehydrated and without the nourishment of boob juice.

She got a belated birthday gift from her auntie and I thought you guys would appreciate the dish set she got from this company. They're made from recycled milk jugs and are a nice, healthy plastic. Robin loves them! She also got some adorable sundresses. We are ready for spring/summer!!

#87 of 287 Old 04-13-2009, 11:14 AM

Having another anxiety/panic attack right now....makes me feel ill...Definitely bringing this up at counseling today.

DH is off at an incentive class for work (for each one he takes (up to 6 I think) he gets extra money on his paycheck.) I pretty much won't see him for 2 weeks.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#88 of 287 Old 04-13-2009, 12:09 PM

Lack of breastfeeding really changes diarrhea management dramatically, that's very true. I mean kids will nurse even when they have very little appetite a lot of the time. Meh, I say. Meh.

I'm still in a good mood, if a bit sore. : Yay.

#89 of 287 Old 04-13-2009, 12:14 PM

What's twitter?

I'm on facebook now, do we have a group their?

We are pretty much doing the same old here. I think I've heard a word from Avraham Tzvi once or twice, but not consistantly.

gotta run he's unhappy

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#90 of 287 Old 04-13-2009, 12:36 PM

Facebook
Twitter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page