Katie, are you okay?

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2009, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Perhaps everyone else is too busy pulling April Fools pranks.

I tried to think of something good for my DH but the only things I can think of revolve around being pg... and he might run straight out the door before I could tell him it was a joke.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought about posting the new thread last night and totally forgot about it this morning Blame it on pregnancy amnesia.

Not too great of a day today. Andrew is definitely deploying on time, no doubt about it. Him getting to stay late was nothing but speculation and he ended up being one of the guys forced to go on time. So we will be saying goodbye to him at the beginning of next month

I had a midwife visit today, based on palpation baby is completely engaged and if it gets any lower it will fall out according to my midwife. I knew that already based on the cervical pain I've been having. I'm measuring 30-31 weeks also so another indication that baby is very low. Hopefully it waits until 37 weeks at least.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 04-01-2009, 08:37 PM

Jeanine I’m sorry your cake isn’t cooperating. That is so frustrating.

Faliciagayle My mom is going through all the same annoying things with her job hunt since November. Every opportunity is like the carrot you mention and they all manage to disappear. My fingers are crossed that your DH hears soon and it is positive feedback : This can really wear you down and I’m so sorry you’re both suffering so much.

Heather I’m glad someone :’s April Fool’s Day because I have no love for it!! It is my birthday and I’ve had my fill of pranks in this lifetime for sure!

all! It has been a couple days – sorry. I’ve been crazy busy at work and had stupid lunches every day this week which are getting damn expensive. Thankfully today my mom was taking me out for my birthday so I got to eat for free! That was a nice change

So, DH and I had a BIG blowout last night – huge, enormous, I am beside myself. I never mentioned any of this, but he and I had a looooooong talk after my upsetting doctor’s appointment about our plans for the future in terms of more kids. We came to the conclusion that we wanted at least one more for various reasons (yes, even I admitted this : ) and that we’d try soon, probably around DS’ birthday. So I had a long sleepless night and woke up realizing things weren’t good. I got AF and shouldn’t have – she is painful and still here, 9 days later. It is really bad and the light bulb went off as to why my doctor is in such a rush for me to get PG. Every cycle I have puts me at risk of more endo growing and decreases my chance of an easy conception. I am not happy. So I tell DH this and tell him I’m ready now, lets make a baby. We were “TTC” for a whole 3 days (not actively TTC obviously because I was waiting to ovulate), when he drops this bomb on me last night: “So, we’re waiting until the fall to get pregnant, right? Because we can’t really afford daycare for 2 right now – you know that, right?” My jaw hit the floor. I burst into tears. Knowing how conflicted I’ve been about even deciding whether or not to have any more kids, he should have known this wasn’t a conversation to enter into lightly least of all to make the decision based on money. I freaked. I cried like I haven’t cried in a long time. I went to bed at 9 and didn’t tell him goodnight. He pretended like nothing happened this morning and I feel like he stabbed me in the heart.

What do I do now? I’m so upset. I feel like he’s playing with me and this is such an emotional decision. It was a HUGE step for me to decide definitively that yes, I do want another child and that I’m ready now. I have so many factors to weigh on this – job, my son, my health, my marriage and I decided that it was a good time, but a fleeting window. He just doesn’t get it. He was on board and now is all about waiting and money. I understand he’s trying to be responsible – I get it – but WTF??? Why have “the talk” and agree to TTC if he wasn’t “all in”????

: sorry for the depressing note, I’m just having one of those days. to you all!! Someone post some funny pics or something please…I need a good chuckle.

Actually, on a funny note, my co-worker and very good friend that I share my office space with left me a bottle of wine with a card this morning. The wine is called “Mommy’s Time Out” – how perfect is that???!!! I have told Marty about once a week when he’s being difficult, “Mommy needs a time out!!” :

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
Old 04-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post

Not too great of a day today. Andrew is definitely deploying on time, no doubt about it. Him getting to stay late was nothing but speculation and he ended up being one of the guys forced to go on time. So we will be saying goodbye to him at the beginning of next month

I had a midwife visit today, based on palpation baby is completely engaged and if it gets any lower it will fall out according to my midwife. I knew that already based on the cervical pain I've been having. I'm measuring 30-31 weeks also so another indication that baby is very low. Hopefully it waits until 37 weeks at least.
I'm so sorry. I wish we could be there with you when the baby comes - literally and IRL. Seriously. Do you have family or friends to be there with you? I'm really so sorry this is happening. Giving you false hope like that is just unacceptable

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
Old 04-01-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb422 View Post
I'm so sorry. I wish we could be there with you when the baby comes - literally and IRL. Seriously. Do you have family or friends to be there with you? I'm really so sorry this is happening. Giving you false hope like that is just unacceptable
I don't have family to be around, my IL's will be coming at some point after the birth. I don't really have close friends that I'd want around for the birth here at this point. I'll have my midwife here of course and one or two assistants, one to help with Liam. I'm having a post-partum doula come to help around the house and with Liam as well. Otherwise I'll be flying solo.

Oh, and the justification for why he's deploying on time and others get to stay behind is because its our second baby :

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 04-01-2009, 08:52 PM

subbing....

with out much to report.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:50 AM

I hope you don't mind me dropping in. DS is Sept. '07. " to Katie and MrsB.

Unitarian Universalist Pagan
Old 04-02-2009, 01:03 AM

just hoppin on to sub so i can at least try to keep up this month.

nothing much to report other than they are moving Megan out of her own little NICU room sometime this week bc she's doing so well and she finally got to wear a teeny tiny gown.....M wants to try cloth but I'm having a hard time finding some that size....even the preemie prefolds are way too big bc she's not even 3lbs yet....

Katie: x 100. I had so hoped he would be allowed to stay.......second baby or 10th, they should allow it....I'd help if I could. I'm happy you will have a PP doula though....

Jess: I wish I had some sage advice for you.....maybe research some home daycares like I do??? They are typically way cheaper than centers and such......or a college student majoring in Early Childhood Development who needs the experience and such for school. I know someone who uses someone like that and she's great and in return gets a bit of money and credit towards her classes....Just trying to figure out how you'd be able to "spin" (not the right word but you know what I mean) when you talk to DH about it again......So many hugs........tons and tons and tons. Wish Baltimore weren't so far away when I'm there in a couple of weeks. I'd hug you in person!!!

Hello to everyone else......
Old 04-02-2009, 03:38 AM

falicia - you go girl! twice in a row . FTR, I do not recommend illegal threads to boost post count. I'm still not a senior member even though I have like 1600 posts. I'm being punished, I know it!

katie -

mrsb - : it's still today here, so it's not belated . and for you, too.

kcstar - and

sunshine - so glad to hear about Megan!

Mama to three  
Old 04-02-2009, 11:23 AM

Katie I’m so sorry This baby deserves just as much as Liam was able to have and I know you feel that way too. I wish I could be there to support you. You are an amazingly strong and courageous woman. :

Kcstar Welcome to our group!

Gia Thanks mama. You are very wise and I do appreciate your advice. I’m going to see what I can find out about home care. My new holistic vet suggested we get an oupair (sp?). I think it is funny the vet is giving me parenting advice : but he was referring to selective vaxing and being able to get around all the regulations at the daycare here on post. I wish Baltimore weren’t so far either

Jeanine Thanks mama!

Well today is another day and my little guy is the light of my life. When we got to school and I took him to the potty, I knealt down to help him with his pants and he wrapped his arms around me and squeezed like he’d never let go. I thanked him for the hug, with tears in my eyes of course, and he hugged me again. He kept saying “Mommy! More hug! More hug!” So I just kept hugging him until he’d had his fill. It was a beautiful moment in front of the potty

Mighty-Mama
Old 04-02-2009, 11:25 AM

I have been AWOL for a bit....too much traveling as usual. Lucy and I are just back from week in Atlanta. Can I tell you how tired I am of hotel rooms and eating out. Ugh!!! One of the things I find most challenging is finding decent food for Lucy when we are on the road. I usually make one stop at Whole Foods and try to stock up, but there really is a limit to what you can prepare in a hotel room. Ugh again.

When we returned on Tuesday I found that my sweet little dog had passed away. She was my first "baby" and my shadow for almost 15 years. She slept with me and went to the office with me everyday and I feel like a piece of me is missing. I am so :

Katie- I am so sorry that Andrew won't be able to be there for the birth.

MrsB-how frustrating. It really sounds like it took a lot of soul searching for you to be ready to TTC and then to have the rug pulled out from under you...I am so sorry. Happy Belated Birthday!! I like the idea of a Momma time out.

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
Old 04-02-2009, 12:42 PM

s Katie. I hope you get the support you need. Andrew must be so disappointed to be gone. It is so much stress for both of you.

Jess, : that you and your dh reach some clarity. I myself am really bad about makng decisions and always thinking I can take on anything.

Michelle. The instability of traveling with a toddler would drive most of us bonkers once the excitement wore off. Do you have a respite on your calendar?

I overslept my workout this morning and then ran outside with the stroller just now. Linus slept a bit in it, maybe half an hour? I wonder what this does to the rest of my day as he rarely naps before 2, never before 1? If he needs the stroller for an afternoon nap I'll walk up and do some Easter candy shopping maybe? Lindt has some really cute things this year.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:19 PM

I honestly don't know if I can cry anymore about this. I couldn't even sleep last night. This whole situation isn't fair and its not right, I talked to a few other mamas who've BTDT and they all think the commander is just an a$$hole. The normal procedure is to let EVERYONE stay that's expecting a baby around a deployment. There is nothing left for us to do but I would be lying if I said I wasn't wishing horrible things on that commander right now.

Thank you everyone for your hugs, I appreciate it so much. I will get back on here later to do personals.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:07 PM

Confession time: So did you all see the "join the april fool's fun" button yesterday? I clicked it and it said you could ban another member. I went to TAO to look into it and saw all these people with cute banned titles. So I thought instead of banning someone it would just give them a cute banned title. So I was going to "ban" mommajb for having nothing to report . Well, I wound up banning myself - it said until today. A few hours later I was able to get back on, though, and I went back to TAO and saw something that said you could ban others after you ban yourself. Since I'd already banned myself I tried it again (sorry mommajb) and BANNED MYSELF AGAIN! I had others on my list to give cute banned titles to, too. Too bad it didn't work.

Mama to three  
Old 04-02-2009, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

katie, I am so sorry. what a terrible situation.

DH was not offered the job. I'm so tired of this. He is totally qualified for this position and it would have changed our lives completely and given him some honest validation. I hate seeing him sink into this pit of depression. Honestly, I don't know what to do. Money's running out. Passover starts in a week (and I am soooooooooooooooo behind in getting the house ready, it's not even funny). Not one grocery store sells Pesach food, including matzoh, hello, so I have to go on line and spend a fortune in shipping just to have food to eat for the week.

gah.

In other news, Chaya said a 4 word sentence! Ready? "No, I want mama!"

Old 04-02-2009, 05:04 PM

falicia. If it makes you feel any better, I was going to ban you yesterday for starting the thread two months in a row.

and MrsB i was going to ban you for being born on April Fools Day.

there, now I'm fully confessed.

Mama to three  
Old 04-02-2009, 05:45 PM

Jeanine, I am honored to have been considered. Too bad it backfired. I was a big scaredy cat and didn't give it a try.

Katie, all I have is another . I hope knowing what is going on gives you a sliver of peace as you prepare for birth. Do you have any idea what the webcam options are for you and Andrew? Did I see you have a pp doula? Wht other practical steps are you taking? I know this is something you need to grieve so I don't mean to overstep boundaries if you aren't ready to think about this part yet.

Falicia, maybe family sent you a food care package? This setback must be so tough. to you too. I hope you get some good news soon.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:19 PM

Mrsb - I'm sorry you are going through this right now. I agree with others who suggested exploring different options as far as child care is concerned and see if there is a less expensive route.

Sunshine - That is great news about Megan, she sounds like such a fighter. The Little Comet Tails xs pattern is the smallest cloth pattern I know of, that may be one you can check out.

Michelle - I'm sorry to hear about your dog I hope you're able to get a break from all the traveling soon.

Jeanine - I saw the button yesterday to ban somebody but I had a feeling it would backfire so I didn't send it to anyone.

Falicia - I am continuing to keep you in my thoughts and hoping that an even better offer is on the way for you soon

Mommajb - You're not overstepping boundaries. I really appreciate suggestions because I feel like family and friends IRL either don't get it or don't care. For the first two months Andrew should have access to phone and internet. Best case scenario is to have the webcam available during the birth and to have him available by phone, I will most likely end up contacting the red cross to find him once I go into labor. After that he's going to be moved to another location without phone and internet access for an indefinite amount of time because of how underdeveloped the location is. The place is nothing more than a hole in the ground and they won't even have safe places to sleep aside from tents until everything is built. We will likely only be able to communicate via snail mail at that point. I'm going to have a post-partum doula, I'm still trying to decide how often I should ask her to come every week since I have to pay her a minimum of $30 a day because of the distance she has to travel to get here. I'm thinking that at least 3 days a week will be good to start.

The prospect of raising the two children alone isn't daunting to me anymore. Its just the fact that he is going to miss so much in the year he's gone, I know there are going to be all these moments I wish he could be here to see and its going to break my heart that we can't share that with him. Him being here for the birth would have made that entire experience a little easier knowing that he was here to welcome this child and support Liam and I during that time. He has played such a crucial role in helping to raise Liam and its hard to imagine him not being able to do that with this child. I know being a pregnant hormonal mess right now isn't helping me at all.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:26 PM

falicia - does amazon sell anything that's appropriate? they have free super saver shipping on orders over $25, even on their groceries. if they do sell passover appropriate food that would at least save you the shipping.

Mama to three  
Old 04-02-2009, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

jeanine, being banned woulda been great especially once I figured out it was an April Fools joke. The amazon idea was a great suggestion, I'll check it out!

mamajb ~ I've been running! not consistently, but I've also been swimming, and tomorrow I hope to get on the bike for the first time in 6 months?!?????!?!?!? effing Wisconsin winter.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:04 AM

You mean daffodils for Memorial Day? It is brutal in the winter, especially as it seem to last forever.

For the record Linus did not nap again yesterday afternoon and was miserable by dinner. All the more motivation for me to get up this wet and windy morning.

I'll check back in once I send a couple of people in their way.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:12 PM

Jeez, I'm a dope sometimes. I've been sitting here thinking, "Gosh, no one's been posting to the DDC thread. It's not a new month or anything, is it?" Yes, that's right ladies...it took me FOUR DAYS to realize it is, in fact, a new month.

For everyone in need of one.

Things here are going well after two weeks of illness and injuring my back. It's good to return to normal again, I guess. Lucy's been saying, "No!" in a very flippant, condescending tone...it's hysterical. I'll probably start to regret laughing at it but I just love the way she says it. The weather got nice for a day or two this past week so once we were feeling better, we jumped on the chance to get out for a walk at a state park/farm place on Thursday and then went to a playground with dh Thursday evening. He was really happy to get to experience "play" with Lucy in a place like that, since we usually do those things during the day. It's interesting watching Lucy in the midst of other kids playing and climbing. She's very adept but so...cautious? I'm not sure that's the right word but it seems the closest. It's like the way she waited to start crawling/climbing/walking until she could do it without stumbling or falling. She just has this certain approach to new things and once she figures it out, she's all over it, but until that point, she's content to do her own thing and watch others while she figures it out.

On the dance school front, my fliers are out, I'm official! The first class is May 5th. I need to get my butt in shape this month, at least to some extent. I get my new tattoo on Monday evening so that's the big excitement of the week.

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:10 PM

Michelle So good to hear from you travelin’ mama!! I’m so sorry to hear about your doggie though that is very sad. You and Lucy must have so many adventures; think of the memories you’ll share along the way. That must be fun.

Mommajb Thanks mama. There has been zero discussion since that night and that just makes me feel worse. When it comes up again I know it is going to be ugly.

Katie I’m sorry. There aren’t even words to help at this point; I just wish there were something we could do to help.

Faliciagayle I’m so sorry. I hope DH finds something soon. I don’t get what’s up with this board. Everything just keeps getting worse every time I log on!

Jeanine You’re too much : Being born on AFD should be banned!!

Rachel Congratulations! : Thanks for shedding some sunshine on here.

I have nothing to report other than exhaustion. We had WAY too much going on today and I am BEAT!!! I’ll try and stop in tomorrow and write a real post. to you all :

Mighty-Mama
Old 04-05-2009, 12:40 AM

It's 7:30 pm and DD1's bday party is still going strong!!! The cake (s - there were three) turned out awesome. I will post pictures later. :

Mama to three  
Old 04-05-2009, 10:10 PM

jeanine I am so excited about all the cakes standing strong for you and your dd!

I ended up having a great visit. I completely wasn't looking forward to it and went through the motions so as not to disappoint dd's friend. My own daughter so did not deserve a special weekend. I commented on this to my friend and she suggested that I plan a weekend a month from now. Then when she doesn't behave I can cancel w/o having actually invited anyone. This way I won't have to worry about everyone else's feelings and I can follow through. If by some miracle Alice does actually find it within herself to stop driving me insane we could always go for a visit. Knowing that I could follow through good or bad does have its appeal.

Other than a beautiful weekend to be followed by a snowy Monday I don't have much else.
Dh made cookies tonight and I am eating them.
I really don't have the energy to get through a whole 'nother week but will make do I am sure. :::::laund ry::

but I am and

Old 04-05-2009, 10:45 PM

Liam is going through an "I don't like mommy" phase. He is constantly clinging to Andrew or sitting on his lap. Tonight he wouldn't eat dinner without him being present (he was in the kitchen getting water and Liam forced him out and made him sit down) and he will no longer eat food off of my plate, it has to be Andrew's. Basically anything having to do with me isn't good enough and it has to be all about dad. I don't know whether to consider this a good or bad thing but I'm glad he wants to spend time with him.

I blew up my birth pool today and the thing is more than enough to fit me. I sat in it and the side is almost above my head Its tall enough that Liam can't climb into it so that's a plus as well. It took me about a minute to blow it up with the electric pump so it will be a fairly quick process when labor rolls around.

We're going to Maryland on Friday, Andrew's block leave starts that day as well. We're going to Andrew's brother's lacrosse game and to some event at the aquarium with the IL's, I'm sure Liam will enjoy that. We're coming back on Sunday and then basically just preparing the rest of my birth supplies and probably taking a trip to the beach. We're going to set up our backyard for Liam to play in this summer as well. I wish time would slow down a bit.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:45 AM

Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 AM

Katie, time is flying. I hope it slows to a crawl for you so you can enjoy the passing days with Andrew.

Jeanine, I don't know who is prettier, you or Barbie.

I have signed out on the parenting gig this am do dh is losing patience with me. The whining already!!

Old 04-06-2009, 12:21 PM

That looks excellent, Jeanine! You're so creative, have you ever thought about starting a cake business?

I actually woke up to a CLEAN house this morning! Normally I wake up and it looks like a bomb went off. I spend all day cleaning only for it to look like a disaster when I get to bed. Andrew took it upon himself to clean up the living room and kitchen so this is definitely a nicer start to my day than usual

User Tag List