~April showers bring our beautiful May 06 babies!!!~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 04-02-2009, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas! Thought I would start our new April thread. Can you believe our precious babes will be THREEE????????? I got all teary eyed this morning thinking about it. Sheesh....

We are all well here. Knock on wood, but we just haven't been sick yet this year. We managed to dodge the nasty colds, and stomach flus. Not that we still won't get it, but it's usually run it's course by now. Hopefully it will stay away, lol!

The girls are great, Rachel just turned 8 in March, and Emma will be 6 this month. *sigh* My girls are getting so big. Alayna was doing so well with her whining, until this week. She has been AWFUL with the tantrums. It's simply exhausting for me. I know it's just a phase, but I get overwhelmed with everything else.

So, on to some TMI, lol. My periods have been progressively getting heavier, and this months was AWFUL. We went looking at homes (It's called "Parade of Homes" and basically it's just a bunch of homes for sale that you can look through, and many of them are in the huundreds to millions of dollars and are just so fun to look through!!) on Sunday, and I felt a gush while in one of the homes so we went home right away. I had bled through everything, and then the cramps came and they were as bad as labor. Truly. I could not get somefortable, I couldn't sit, stand, lay down. I tried a bath, which didn't help, finally out of a need for sleep, I took some NyQuil to knock me out, which it did. I am on day five of heavy bright red blood bleeding. I am going in on the 23rd for an ultrasound to see if there are some cysts or something that is causing this. In the meantime, I feel completely exhausted. I am still working out though and taking my vitamins regularly. It's frustrating. Anyone else have these issues??

Max- I love LO's new words!!! I LOL everytime I see that!!! Are you getting ready for camping season???!! We are soooo ready to head out to the lake. Despite the fact we just got a foot of snow this week, ugh.

Mamabeakly- How are you feeling? How many weeks are you now?

Marylizah- Are you on your way now?? Good luck mama, many hugs and prayers coming your way!!

ecoteat- I know how you feel about being all hormonal. I realized that this is the longest in 9 years that I haven't been pregnant or nursing! I think my body is finally getting into a "normal" pattern, lol! Hugs to you, I know how frustrating it is. Actually, last April I went on an antidepressent because of the mood swings. It worked so well for me, and I am now off them, and had no bad side effects, which was wonderful. I think my systme just needed that little boost for awhile

BBM- How are things in your neck of the woods? How is the homeschooling going? I started the book "Teach Your child to read in 100 easy lessons" with the kids this week. We'll see how it goes. The frustrating part for me is that I really don't get how it works, lol!

Ok, I know I have forgotten many of you, and I'm sorry, but I need to finish up some other things. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 34 Old 04-03-2009, 07:13 AM

Hi mamas,

We're back in France! And to be honest, we're kind of sad and lonely, lol! Turns out the grass really truly is always greener on the other side!

I know things will be better once we've settled in. And for DS, starting school will be really helpful, he's such a social guy and he really misses his friends.

To be honest, I'm really sick of feeling like I'm missing out on something. In the US, it was my own home, and here it's friends and family. I know it will all gel, and I'll feel better, sorry for the little pity-party!

Anyway, our new place is SO much more spacious than our old one, which is great. It'll be even better when our furniture comes (not until late April, sigh) and we've gone to Ikea to get some basics. We're pretty much camping out here, though we might go to Ikea early tomorrow to get a plastic garden table and some chairs that will be in the apt until our stuff comes, but that will also be used on our really nice, huge balcony!

DS is really handling the transition well. He's such a sweet guy and such a trooper. He did great on all the flights and in the airports. He breaks my heart he's such a fun, happy, sweet kid.

I hope all of you are well! Our internet connection is not great, still waiting for dsl, but I'll be in touch when I can!
#3 of 34 Old 04-03-2009, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mary, I'm so glad you guys got there safe and sound! I know you guys made the right decision, I think it just all gets so overwhelming right away I'm glad to hear that you like the apt! Are you in the same area you were before??

#4 of 34 Old 04-03-2009, 11:48 AM

Hi all. Happy April!

Sydnee, that sounds scary about the heavy bleeding. I hope you are feeling better & they can find out & treat what's causing it. I'm sure you know this, but I'd try to eat some high iron foods when this is going on so you don't become anemic. I hear you on the issue of our babies turning three! That seems so impossible! And yes, we are soooooo ready for camping!! Now, if only the weather would cooperate.

Mary, I'm glad you are back safe & sound. How was the trip? It sounds like you have a great new apartment. You'll settle in soon mama and feel batter about it all. I'm sure you still have a high stress load and are exhausted from travel & time change. That's gotta make it all harder. Take things one step at a time & think of it as the amazing adventure it is.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#5 of 34 Old 04-03-2009, 11:57 AM

Sydnee, I'm so out of it, I forgot to comment on your post. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with your period, it definitely doesn't sound normal! I hope you get it figured out and resolved quickly.

And thanks to you and Max for the little boost. I can always count on my May mamas for encouragement!! I you all!
#6 of 34 Old 04-03-2009, 02:55 PM

Hi Mamas- just want to chime in again. It's nice to have found this group. It allows me to sit and think about my beautiful little Lexi. I feel like she often doesn't get enough attention as my other 2 are high-needs and sooo time-consuming. Her "Nani" (my mom) takes her a lot and spoils her, so that's good, but I feel a little jealous of the time she get to spend with her one-on-one. I'm sure things will ease up once Rayne starts moving around, amusing herself, etc.

I can't believe they're going to be three! Any birthday party plans? I was thinking about a cook-out get-together, but it's still kind of cold here in early May.

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#7 of 34 Old 04-03-2009, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Nina!!!!!!!! I have been thinking a little about Alayna's birthday, she is sooooooo into gymnastics and leotards right now, and that just might be the theme, lol! Seriously though, she is really GOOD! She can do cartwheels almost perfectly, and even does a front flip, it's hilarious!!

Thanks for the well wishes on the period situation. Does low iron cause fatigue? I know I should know this, but I've never had an iron problem. But since my period started, I feel completely exhausted.

#8 of 34 Old 04-03-2009, 05:12 PM

Sydnee, yes I believe low iron does cause fatique. Sounds like it is definitely worth looking into in your case.

Nina, as for birthday party themes, we will just have a small birthday party for LO at our house w/just close family members. (I save the bigger bashes until they are school age & want to have "friend parties".) This year she will have a "Butterfly Party" - we'll do butterfly decorated cupcakes, goody bags, decorations, games, and I'm hoping to find butterfly wings for the girls. Last year we had a "Bubble Party", which was lots of fun.

#9 of 34 Old 04-03-2009, 10:49 PM

Gymnastics sounds cute! We did gymnastics last fall and Lexi was more like a wrestler than a gymnast, but we got some awesome pics! She does like ladybugs, has since she was one for Halloween - maybe we'll do that as a theme...

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#10 of 34 Old 04-03-2009, 11:33 PM

Sydnee, I hear you on the stress of not knowing what the hell is going on with your body every month. I am fed up with my emotional problems, and also dealt with heavy bleeding (but that was my IUD and has since subsided). I hope you find answers soon!

Nina, where in Maine are you? I'm Downeast. We did Phoebe's birthday party outside last year, and it was chilly. But the black flies were already out, so we also had baskets of bug dope for everyone! We'll probably do a similar thing this year. We hung a sheet on the side of the house and set up the projector. I think we all watched the Muppet Show last year; we didn't have a theme. Everyone loves outside movie nights at our house, so if we do it for the birthday I think we'll show The Red Balloon and do a balloon theme. It might also end up a weaning party, which to Phoebe means sending my milk to the stars, so maybe I'll do something with stars. Or maybe butterflies, like Max. Phoebe loves dress-up and would have such fun with butterfly wings. I have a little time to figure it out, right?

Mary, I'm glad you got back to France with no trouble. What does ds remember about living there before? Are you in the same area?

Today was so much fun at school--I had my middle school kids making candy to demonstrate how the different types of rocks form. The absurdity of that much sugar was a riot. I figure I only do this lesson once every three years, so I don't feel bad about everyone eating a little junk in the name of a fun science class!
#11 of 34 Old 04-07-2009, 11:36 AM

Hi, everybody!

I am back from my WEEK away by myself at a training workshop, and trying to re-acclimate and catch up on everything. My kids did absolutely fine. DS1 said he didn't miss me - he almost forgot about me. I know that's not actually true but it is funny that he would put it that way! I think mostly they had a REALLY good time playing at their grandma's house and then doing fun Daddy things while I was gone!

I'm 21 weeks and frustrated because I still feel awful much of the time. I had a UTI, which was probably not helping, and I don't feel totally confident the abx worked . . . and I need to get myself to a chiropractor, because my hips and pubic bone and lower back are all miserable (more or less depending on time of day and how much I move around.) Ah, well. I was telling people that I hope this baby is a girl so I have a good excuse for why this pregnancy is so much worse than my other two were - otherwise it's just because I'm old and out of shape !

I can just imagine your little gymnasts! Very cute!

I need to plan DS2's birthday party. I think we'll do a picnic in the park of some sort. Weather permitting!

Marylizah, I'm so glad you're there now! It is totally normal to feel disoriented, even if it's where you want to be and all - it's a big adjustment! Give yourself some time . . .

Yes, Sydnee, lots of women go around chronically mildly anemic due to heavy periods. So if you are extra exhausted, check it out! I hate taking iron supplements, but there are several effective herbal things you can do, instead . . . and just cooking in cast iron and eating high-iron foods can help a lot, too.

I just found out that my husband's cousin who has been pregnant at the same time as me for both my previous kids is pregnant! Before she was 3 months or so ahead of me - this time she is 4 months behind! It's always interesting being pregnant "with" someone you're close to in real life.

BBL.

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#12 of 34 Old 04-08-2009, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Just giving us a little bump

Getting ready for Easter here, tonight I am going into town to shop all by myself!! Yay!! Still not sure what I'm getting the girls for Easter. We don't do much, usually some outdoor toys. How about everyone else? Friday night we'll probably color Easter eggs, and then Saturday I have a LLL District mtg all day. Should be fun though, as I haven't been to one yet.

How are the other sweet May babies doing with whining?? And tantruming?? Ugh, I feel like I'm on the verge of losing it with Alayna, and I don't like that feeling. She is soooo demanding, and whiny if she doens't get her own way. I know it's a phase, but good grief!

#13 of 34 Old 04-08-2009, 05:32 PM

Hello May Mamas. For Easter we do our annual Easter Egg Hunt in our backyard and then have a brunch here. Later in the day we'll go to the ILs for dinner. The kids LOVE the egg hunt, so it's always a fun time. The Easter bunny just needs to find time to put all the eggs together!!!!

Friday starts the kids' April vacation, so we'll be super busy keeping everyone entertained. The weather is warming up here, but not really spring-like consistently enough to count on being outdoors. That means lots of indoor activities need to be found. We usually do a special movie outing. Has anyone w/older kids seen anything good lately? It's so hard to find good family movies. Even rated G does not guarantee it. We'll also get together w/some friends, rollerskate, do some library programs - and anything else we can find!

Gotta run. The kids are home from school.

#14 of 34 Old 04-08-2009, 06:33 PM

Sydnee, Phoebe's pretty demanding too, but in a predictable way. I noticed recently that I've just settled into a way of preventing issues without realizing it. I just don't do thing for her anymore without letting her know first. If I know she wants her doll to come upstairs with her, I do not pick it up and carry it, because I know that will make her mad. I'll say, "I know you want Axius to come upstairs. Do you want to carry her or should I?" I've just started assuming that she is expecting to do everything herself unless she specifically tells me otherwise on her own or because I asked. Sometimes I have to do something a certain way, whether she likes it or not. Then I tell her what I'm doing before I do it. If we are in a hurry and I need to carry her, I'll tell her that before I pick her up. I think I've prevented lots of tantrums since I started doing this. And it's funny that once I realized what I was doing, I remembered that I did the same thing with a 3rd grade student who was pretty volatile. I have him now as a 7th grader and he is SO much easier!

We are so confused about Easter here. There are certain Easter traditions that dh and I grew up with that we just fall into, but we are not at all religious--especially me (I'm an atheist)--so it feels weird to celebrate Easter. So I just focus on spring, and we are doing lots around the house to celebrate that, but Phoebe apparently heard about the Easter Bunny at preschool and was wondering the other day what he will bring her! Ugh. Phoebe knows Easter is something special happening now, but we still need to define what that means in our family. Dh bought her an adorable handmade stuffed wool chicken today that we'll give her this weekend, I guess, and we are planning on dying eggs, which is a pretty logical thing to do when you have chickens.

Mama Beakley, I can't even imagine what a week away would feel like. A few hours away is a rare luxury! Actually, I'm starting to think it will be possible for me to go away overnight in the forseeable future. Phoebe went 24 hours without nursing the other day and generally only does when she goes to bed and when she wakes up in the morning. On preschool days, she nurses to sleep for her nap, but she hasn't been to school in a week, so I'm going to see if she'll go to sleep tomorrow afternoon without it. On one hand I'm excited that she's growing up and gradually starting to wean on her own, but I'll miss nursing so much.

Dh just left for a work trip for a few days, and Phoebe is sleeping, so I'm soaking up the last few minutes of quiet I'll have until dh gets home Friday night. I think I'll bake some cookies with Phoebe tonight--that's usually pretty fun to do together.
#15 of 34 Old 04-16-2009, 08:30 PM

Calling all May Mamas - save our monthly thread from page 7!!! We can't let this thread die mamas, I'd miss you all too much.

So how's everyone doing? What's new in your lives & w/your LOs? I just thought of something today - are we going to have to move to the "Childhood Years" in a month? I'm still not adjusted to being out of the "Baby Years", never mind the "Toddler Years"!

We are well. Super busy w/April vacation. Any spare minute I have I am practicing my knitting, which is sloooowwww going let me tell you. I enjoy it, until I don't, if you know what I mean. Today I worked for almost three hours, then had to frog it all due to a big error. I am going to start a class on Monday so hopefully that will help. I'm working on a felted bag in some really pretty melon colored wool.

Looking forward to hearing how you all are. :

#16 of 34 Old 04-17-2009, 04:41 AM

Hey Max! You're right, we can't let this thread die-- and I can't believe we'll be moving to The Childhood Years in a month! That's too weird. That said, I definitely feel like I'm "outgrowing" the toddler forum-- many of the threads don't seem applicable anymore. I guess that's a sign!

We're hanging in here. Starting to feel more settled, as in, not feeling like I want to cry all the time. We're figuring out our new neighborhood (we're out in the 'burbs now, about a 45 min. trip to the center of the city), finding parks, libraries, stores, all that stuff. We still have no furniture, phone line or internet and probably won't have any of those things until the end of the month.

All in all, we're ok. We've seen some old friends a few times, and have some fun stuff lined up for the weekend / next week. But we really miss the friends we made in the States, and our family there. Sigh. I'm sick of goodbyes!

DS is doing well, actually, he's doing amazingly well. He's such a trooper. And he's such a sweet kiddo! All day long, he'll look up from whatever he's doing and say "Mama, I love you". And he follows DH around and says "Baba, you're the BEST!". I know he misses his friends a lot, but he's finally starting to find a way to play with the kids here. He's already learned the French words for "MINE!" We're still debating the school thing-- I visited the Waldorf school, but we're not sure it's the right choice, for several reasons.

Max, good for you for continuing the knitting! I need to get back to my knitting-- I have a baby blanket and several scarves to work on. Many times in my first several projects I had to undo hours of work because of a big, honking mistake, but it does get easier!

Love to all the May mamas.
#17 of 34 Old 04-17-2009, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hi mamas, I'm having such a rough day I have two Grandmas that are really really sick, and a Grandpa that keeps going in and out of the hospital. I talked with my one Grandma who has been healthy as a horse (she is 92) and independent up until a few months ago, and she sounded so discouraged. I really think she's giving up, which makes me sooo sad. I've been crying ever since I got off the phone with her. And I feel sometimes like people think I'm odd for being so upset about my Grandparents which ticks me off. I have always been SUPER close with all of them, and feel like they had a huuuge hand in how my brother and I were raised. I feel like it's an end to a wonderful legacy Brad and I are driving down tomorrow to see all of them, and I'm almost scared to see what she's like now.

Sorry to be such a downer, but I really needed to let that out. Love to you all, I will never, ever leave this thread, you all mean way too much to me!!

#18 of 34 Old 04-17-2009, 04:37 PM

Oh Sydnee, I am sorry to hear about your grandparents. That's gotta be so tough w/all three of them not doing well. I hope your trip to see them goes as smoothly as possible. I'm sure it will mean a lot to them that you are coming. Hold onto all those special memries you have.

Mary, I am glad you're settling in to your new home & that Geo is doing so well. Sounds like you're in great area. Are you & your dh bilingual? It sure sounds like Geo will be soon enough.

I'm getting my hair done tonight - big doings, alone time for about 2 hours - woohoo! I'm trying out a new hairdresser, so hopefully that will work out. I chose her bc I have been in her salon before w/a different hairdresser & she was so kind & helpful to a very pregnant woman, offering her a foot soak (for free) while she waits for her doctor's appointment. And I know she has two young daughters, so I just feel like she'll be a good match for me.

#19 of 34 Old 04-17-2009, 08:21 PM

Hope your hairdo goes well, Max! Yowza - the Childhood Years! But it's true, that's where we will belong once all our LOs are 3!

Marylizah, I'm glad you're starting to get settled in. Good luck with the school decision.

Sydnee, I totally sympathize with you about your grandparents. One of my g-mas recently moved into the Alzheimer's unit in her assisted living facility. I feel like the essence of her is already gone and going. It's really hard on my g-pa, who is with her there most of the time, but has his own apartment for down-time when he needs it. My other g-pa is on hospice care and could go at any time. I'm hoping that I'll be able to say goodbye to him when I visit my family home next week. My grandparents have been such essential and important parts of my life - but then, they always will be, even when they are gone from my physical life. I feel connected to DH's grandparents in a lot of ways, too, although obviously not in the same ways. They are my kids' great-grandparents and so knowing about them and knowing them is important to me so I can share them with my kids as they grow up without the chance to know them or know them well.

Happy weekend, everybody!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#20 of 34 Old 04-18-2009, 08:56 AM

I was just thinking about posting about moving to the Childhood Years. I also feel like we've outgrown a lot of the issues that come up in toddlers--Phoebe eats regular food, is potty trained, speaks as well as kids a year or more older than she is, sleeps all night (usually!), etc. I guess we have big kids now!

Sydnee, I can relate to worrying about grandparents. Three of mine have been in and out of hospitals lately. They are so far away, too. I saw them all briefly in Feb, and we'll visit again in July, but I hate wondering if each visit will be the last and imagining what it will be like to have to rush home for a funeral. FIL is as old as my grandparents, too, and although he is pretty healthy and acts half his age, realistically most people don't live too far past their mid-80s.

DH is going to a concert in MA with a friend of ours this weekend. I'm jealous and want to do something fun for me while he's gone. I invited a few of my friends and their kids over while he's away, but I'm not sure what we should do. I'm thinking of doing some cooking together, but I don't know what. Something we can make mass quantities of and each take some home? And a craft for the kids would be nice, but I'm drawing a blank given the limited supplies I have on hand. Any ideas? What would you do?

Max, keep up the knitting! I'm still so slow, but now I feel like the work I do looks nice. O knit a little hat for Phoebe's doll recently on pretty small needles with fine wool and I am so proud of how even ad nice it looks.

Mary, did Geo remember any French from before or is it like he's learning it from scratch? How much was he talking when you moved to the States? (I can't even remember how long ago it was!) I'm assuming you speak English within your family at home--do you?
#21 of 34 Old 04-19-2009, 04:40 AM

Sydnee, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandparents. You are so blessed to have such a close and loving relationship with them! We're here, if you need to talk. Sending you lots of love and support.

Ecoteat, what about preparing in advance some salt-dough spring decorations that the kids can paint / glitter / decorate to take home with them? The prep is very simple and you only need salt, flour and water (and time!!). Sounds like a fun gathering.

Mamabeakley-- so sorry to hear about your grandmother with Alzheimers. My grandmother is (we think) suffering from the early stages of senile dementia. It's hard to pinpoint *when* a person changes, but I already know she's not the person I grew up loving. It's so sad.

About the language thing: DS's English is scarily good. DH jokes that he's like a radio-- he talks constantly and has a great vocabulary. His French is not great, that's my fault! In the States I had a hard time maintaining it. It's not my first language so it doesn't feel natural to talk to him in French. And DH speaks to him exclusively in Arabic. (Which he forgot a lot of, during DH's 3 month absence!).

So right now his English is great, his French improving and his Arabic is making huge progress. It's a lot for him to deal with, on top of the new apartment, separation from my parents and his friends-- everything has changed for him.

Ecoteat, we left for the US in Jan 08, so we were gone for about 15 months. Our family language is a huge mixture of French, Arabic and English.
#22 of 34 Old 04-19-2009, 03:20 PM

Mary, I forgot about the Arabic. How cool to have a trilingual kid! What language do you and dh speak to each other the most? I'm fascinated by multi-lingual families. I miss that about where I used to teach in Mass. It was SO diverse--the 600 kids in my school spoke over 30 languages. It was amazing.

That's a great idea with the salt dough. I was also planing to make corn tortillas and have a little taco party. But no one can come. So Phoebe and I will go on our own hike and picnic for dinner later. It's a gorgeous day, so it's not like we'll have any trouble having fun together outside.

I've been struggling with my own identity this week. Phoebe gaining independence and starting to wean is like coming out of a cave after three years for me. I want to have personal activities and goals for myself that are seperate from being a mom, teacher, and wife. And now that Phoebe is becoming less physically dependant on me, I feel like I can, but things that I did pre-Phoebe just don't make any sense now. I'm in a different place geographically and mentally, and it's like starting over. I feel like there's some part of *me* that's been dormant for a while and that it doesn't know what to do with itself now. Does any of that make sense? Have any of you felt like that? What did you do to rediscover yourself post-baby? I think most mainstream moms do it MUCH sooner than 3 years after having a baby.
#23 of 34 Old 04-20-2009, 10:02 PM

Ecoteat, I think you just have to try things. It is a process of rediscovery, and is a process that can and maybe should take some time. You don't have to fall in love with the first thing you try or even the first 3 or 5 or 10 things you try. Eventually, you will find "it". It's a huge gift to yourself and to Phoebe to search for it.

I know I am NOT done having little ones, so my "self" has to be satisfied with little bits of space. But it needs to be, in whatever space it can.

#24 of 34 Old 04-21-2009, 09:28 AM

Hey there May mamas!! I just wanted to stop in and say HI!! I cannot believe they are going to be 3!! It still blows my mind. We are doing well over here and I do not have a lot of time to catch everyone up with my life but I wanted to say how much I missed you mamas and I will try to get on here and post more often. I have been on a roller coaster here and life is starting to settle back down...a little. take care and I will be back soon <muah>
#25 of 34 Old 04-21-2009, 06:42 PM

Hi, Hevyne! Good to hear from you!

Mama Beakley, thanks for your input. I've posted in Parenting about this and got some good feedback there too. I think I really want to pursue playing violin again. There is a small community orchestra that will do their next program in the fall. If I practice over the summer I think I'll be able to manage playing with other people just fine. There is an excellent chamber music school here in the summer that does concerts every week and I'm going to go to them as much as I can. The open rehearsals and master classes are free for area teachers. They do a 2-week program in the summer for amateur adult musicians, and I think I want to work towards being able to hold my own in something like that in a year or two. Some friends of mine get toegther and play more bluegrass, and it would probably be fun to learn how to play fiddle music with them too. Now I just need to get a violin to play! I'm also hoping to take a course on humane education next month.
#26 of 34 Old 04-22-2009, 09:33 AM

Amy, your plans sound wonderful. Good for you mama! It sounds like you have really put a lot of thought into this process and are making some great first steps. I totally know what you mean about the finding yourself as a person, not only a mom. I think they may be where I fit in w/the knitting. It si always something I have wanted to do, and now I finally have the time & mental energy to take it on.

Hevyne, good to hear from you! I hope you are well mama.

#27 of 34 Old 04-29-2009, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Giving us a bump!!! Hope veryone is doing well! We are gearing up for Alayna's birthday on Saturday, *sob*! Who else's LO is on Saturday? Mambeakley's?? Anyway, whoever it is HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

#28 of 34 Old 04-29-2009, 05:49 PM

Oh, my gosh, Alayna's birthday is on SATURDAY?????

I can't believe it's almost May.

I'm sitting in our apartment feeling totally overwhelmed. Our stuff was delivered today-- as I open boxes I keep thinking-- "Why do I need all this crap??". We lived with so little for the last 18 months, and sure, there were things we missed, but most of this stuff is just stuff. Now I have to find places to put things, keep things clean, etc etc. Not how I expected to feel!!!!

And tomorrow we go to the ped for DS' first vaxes (there are three mandatory -for-school vaxes here, so we have to get started on them now). I'm feeling nervous and anxious about that, too.

Ugh. Off to take a shower, get some clean jammies on and go to bed. At least the bedroom is pretty much under control. It's the only room of the house that's bearable right now.

Love to all.
#29 of 34 Old 04-29-2009, 06:40 PM

Hi all. Happy Birthday to Alayna! LO is on the 16th - and I too can't believe it's here already. We are having a butterfly/yellow party for her. Yellow is her absolute favorite color & always has been. I'm going to ask everyone to wear something yellow & everything that can be yellow (balloons, cake, etc.) will be. We'll mix in some butterfly activities ("pin the spots on the butterfly", fly around w/butterfly wings, and anything else I can think of) and call it a day. My older girls have these dolls that they share matching clothes with, so I found one for LO w/her hair & eye color. I bought them matching yellow dresses. She should love it.

On knitting matters, I am moving right along. I made a felted bag, which I am very pleased with. And now I am working on a (very easy, supposedly) sweater in my class. I am really into it.

Mary, good luck with all the unpacking. There's no hurry. Just take it one box at a time and remember to spend time on fun things too. How's dh liking his new job?

#30 of 34 Old 04-30-2009, 12:43 AM

Mary, moving sucks. I can totally understand being overwhelmed with the stuff rather than happy to be reunited with it.

Max, that sounds like so much fun! We are just doing a small brunch with some close friends this time. We talked about doing an outdoor movie like last year, but we have no rain daite available, so opted for small instead so we can be inside if needed. MIL will be here too, and Phoebe has all these grand ideas for her birthday cake.

Anyone else have imaginary family members? Phoebe has all kinds of imaginary characters, but the one consistent one is Mala. Apparently Mala is her sister. She was in England for a few weeks, but has just gotten home and is going to drive Phoebe places in her red car. I'm guessing Mala is an adult? It's a little unclear. Her imagination amuses me so much!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page