Mothering Forum banner

OMG my toddler is weird

1K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  spring978 
#1 ·
I had to share. This just cracked me up.

I was doing dishes and my 23 m/o toddler walked by the dishwasher (which is not in use because it sucks--I was hand-washing them), backed up a little bit and said, "Hmm?"

Then she proceeds to sniff the dishwasher door.

Then she started licking the door.

And she walked away saying, "Hmm, dat's good!"

Eww...I have no idea what she just licked off the dishwasher but either way that's pretty gross.

#2 ·
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I remember my DD had a thing with licking shiny things. We were at my girlfriends and she licked the dishwasher - we laughed because of all houses to do it in, she picked the right one - my girlfriend is a CLEAN freak! LOL It has to be the cleanest dishwasher in the city! LOL

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiemum21580 View Post
Before you were a mom...did you ever think you woudl say things like "Dishwashers are not for licking!"

haha I love this!! Mine is not a dishwasher licker but I have found myself saying quite a few things lately that I would have never thought I would be saying.

#11 ·
DD licked the neighbors car over the winter when it was all salty and nasty .
DS is like a piggy bank with all the coins I pull out of his mouth
:

#13 ·
LOL I also have a people licker in my house. DD loves to make us shriek and then she'll say, "Feek out!" (Freak)

I also said to her yesterday, "We don't eat things that are stuck on our feet." She'd stepped on a pea and ate it off her foot. Ewwwww!

#16 ·
Rowan licked the bottom of a guest's shoe the other day. Said guest took it pretty well considering she's childless.

Rowan also loves eating coins, rocks, bits of schmutz from the kitchen floor... you know, anything going, other than actual food.

#19 ·
My oldest laid down and licked the floor at the grocery store a few weeks back. I normally don't have a huge germ phobia (she is a pretty oral kid and I'm used to it), but I think I prayed to the Almighty for a week after that, to protect her from like, everything, LOL.

#23 ·
:

Ds went through a phase where he wanted to "eat" everything. He would eat cars...lick and rub his lips on them....furniture, and the best was my husband's grandpa's taxidermed deer that he loved to "eat". Looking back, I think he was really saying he wanted to see said objects, but it sounded just like eat to us. We'd say, "you want to eat it???" and he must have just gone with that notion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.