What would a yeast infection look like on a toddler? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Would a red vaginal area, and a spotted rash on her labia be enough to convince you?

How can i treat it?

We dont do cow/or goat yogurt because of milk intolerance, and she already eats coconut yogurt just about every day.

I really dont want to take her into the Dr but i dont want to treat it, if there is something else going on and make it worse.

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

#2 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 AM

Sounds like it could be a yeast diaper rash, but I wouldn't suspect vaginal yeast infection without discharge. Can happen with potty trained lil girls, too. Have you tried a diaper cream yet? 1/2 cup baking soda in the bath?

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#3 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

No, there is no discharge.

She is obviously itchy, becasue she keeps scratching at it. And she said that it burned a little when she peed.

But its really red.....should i take her to the Dr?

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

#4 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
You can buy canesten/monistat cream OTC if you are sure its yeast, put a little on 2x a day for a few days and it should clear it up. You can have a yeast rash without a vaginal yeast infection. The little spots and burning/itching make me think its yeast.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#5 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

If its not yeast then what happens?

I dont think it bacterial, but i could be. She had what looked like ant bites all over her bottom, and it spread to her legs (maybe like 6 at a time at first and then about 15). They look like bug bites, just little raised red bumps. The Demotologist said it was "butt acne" and i used neosporin on it and it went away.

I wonder if the antibiotic cream casue a yeast over growth?

#6 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Here is a picture of a yeast rash. Antibiotics can cause yeast infections.

http://www.askdrsears.com/images/diaperrashyeast.jpg

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page