the toddler bed! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-03-2009, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tonight is the first night Paige is sleeping in her new toddler bed

I'm SO NERVOUS

She's been a great sleeper for awhile; we did the family bed for a good year and a half, and then she went to the crib on her own. Last week or so, she demanded to "come back to bed" so I let her, but today my husband put her toddler bed together, and she's in it!

Her room is as safe as its' going to get for now, and I have the gate in front so she can't wander outside for a walk in the woods, but I'm STILL nervous that she's going to get hurt or something

I just wanted to share. I hope I can sleep tonight, pff

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#2 of 5 Old 05-04-2009, 12:08 PM

Our son will be doing the same shortly... let us know how it went!
#3 of 5 Old 05-04-2009, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

She was okay until she heard her father and I laughing over a repeat of "The Office" we were watching, and she woke up and realized she was alone, in her dark room.

She fell back asleep, but woke up once more, and we ended up co-sleeping the rest of the night. This morning though, she was "reading in bed" and loving it, so tonight we will try again.

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#4 of 5 Old 05-04-2009, 02:34 PM

I remember when my boys went to their own beds, the first few months we were paranoid about how they were doing in there. of course, they were fine. it was dh and I who had the issues

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#5 of 5 Old 05-05-2009, 04:58 PM

We just bought a twin for DS yesterday! We tried to put his crib mattress on the floor a couple months ago, but it didn't work out. He was sick at the time though, and really restless, so he had a hard time staying on it
Last night I was worried I would be up and down all night, but he didn't make a peep for 12 hours! Woohoo! I hope your transition is smooth also.
Now lets see how naptime goes... it sounds quiet in there....

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page