Do you let them pee in a parking lot? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 05-21-2009, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Area Babe View Post

My thought is if it's anywhere a dog could do his business, it's fine for my son. Same rules apply to poop - gotta carry it out.
That's good!

Yeah, we have done a fair amount of parking lot peeing, and other atypical public places. We try to be failry discreet. We've ECd since birth, so when you gotta go, you gotta go! Baby pee is so small and usually less smelly, relatively, so what's the harm? I can't recall getting disapproving looks, but I hardly pay attention so who knows?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 05-27-2009, 02:43 AM

I have come to the point where I let my son pee where ever. I mean, I don't let him pee in front of huge crowds or anything but if he has to go, he has to go. Usually, I stand him on the floor of our minivan and open the door and he just pees out of the door, so he's not exposed at all. He just turned 3 and still doesn't get the concept of having to hold his penis while peeing, so 90% of the time, either me or my husband end up helping to direct the flow. LOL But yeah, he pretty much pees everywhere. He was pretty proud of himself the first time he peed on the side of a highway. He loves peeing on tires and trees too. Boys. Gotta love it. I am thankful I don't have a girl, though, because I remember being young and having to maneuver into all different positions to pee. It sucks. I used to wish all the time that I could pee like a boy. Ha ha
#33 of 33 Old 06-03-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamille View Post
just wanted to add that much to my surprise all children and men pee in public here in madrid spain. I have to say that it is wonderful not to have to run into stores or use gross restrooms. I do believe that she has learned much quicker because of it. My friend (with 3 little girls) uses a camping potty that is great. She leaves it in the car.
I learned that if you crouch, hold your little girl facing out, and hold your little girl's knees up with her weight over your knees then she can pee without peeing on you or her : ) yay peeing in the woods!
When visiting some distant relatives in Romania last summer, I was quite surprised to see both boys and men peeing openly in public places and no one seemed to care. After meeting up with my Aunt and her boys frequently peed in public around us and although her husband spent little time with us, the times he was with us he too peed openly. Restrooms were not always available so eventually I reluctantly advised my boys to do as their cousins did. After a few days the boys became comfortable with it and eventually so did I. I never would have permitted them to do such a thing back home in America, but it was so convenient not having to look for restrooms all the time that after a week or so I stopped and just told them to do it on the streets as the other guys do.

I realized this is just a social issue and once I became accustomed to the site it around town and realized that no one else is taking offense to it, what they were doing was no different than what the dogs do in my lawn back home. Now we do have to be more discrete back home in America, but with that said, I no longer care where they pee.

User Tag List