Anyone else LOVE the toddler phase? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-07-2011, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I could write poems about how stinkin' cute it is when toddler's run.  They bounce!!  joy.gif

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACsMom View Post

I could write poems about how stinkin' cute it is when toddler's run.  They bounce!!  joy.gif

Or just the fact that they run everywhere!  My mom tried to act like a toddler one day and just run everywhere.  It was hysterical.

Mama to three

Old 09-08-2011, 06:44 AM

Random animal noises at random moments!!!!  Love it!

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Old 09-08-2011, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I've always loved every stage. They have their good and bad points but for the most part, I love ALL the ages! I don't like teenage-dom as much these days, which are very hard at times, but my son is a wonderful kid so that makes it easier. I have a 15 yr old, 9 yr old and 2 year old. =) But my 2 yr old says some of the cutest things these days and it's just getting cuter. She does the sweetest things, is helpful, says thank you, I'm sorry, excuse me, bless you after a sneeze! LOL! I just love it! But I have to say I feel that I have the best of 3 worlds currently!!

19 yr old
12 yr old
5 yr old
Old 09-08-2011, 09:07 PM

I really enjoyed the two's, they were not terrible at all! Three has been harder but still amazing!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 PM

Toddlers are my absolute favorite age, ever.  I do love babies, and do love children as they grow older and older.  But I "get" toddlers the most, and just love spending my days with 1-3 year-olds. 

Forest  treehugger.gifMushroom whale.gif

Old 09-09-2011, 12:55 PM

Yay toddlers!  I have always enjoyed being around them, and now that I have my own little early toddler who is working so hard every day on exploring his world and communicating with me and a zillion other things, it is even more fascinating!  Thanks for this happy reminder thread.

knit.gifMama to DS born 8/6/10 and new baby DD 1/6/13

Old 09-12-2011, 12:02 PM

Oh man, I wish I still loved the toddler phase! Like you, hollytheteacher, I'm an early childhood ed. teacher and I've always loved the toddler years---until I had one of my own! My son is 16 months old and is such a handful. He's a super active and willful little guy and the temper tantrums and battles of wills are constant and intense. He still only has a few words/signs so I'm hoping that things will get easier as his vocabulary expands and he's able to express himself better. I think we're also still in the toddler transition phase--my son is still very much a baby in many ways and I think that's hard on both of us. He wants more independence but he still wants my undivided attention and he wants to try new skills but gets frustrated easily. I'm hoping this phase will get better for us as we get farther along.

~may all beings be free from suffering~

User Tag List