Diaper changing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-19-2004, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lately, DD wants to be in panties not diapers but just pees or poops in the panties. She knows that she needs to pee or poop but doesn't want to use the potty. When she's in panties, she tells me after she has gone that she went. I don't want to force her to wear diapers but I'm sick of cleaning up all of the messes. Before I FORCED her to wear diapers today, she peed in her panties twice. Any thoughts? TIA.

Kerrie Mama to DD 10 yo, DS 8 yo and DD 5  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-19-2004, 07:03 PM

When I was working w/dd on potty training, I told her she could choose diaper or panties. If she wanted panties, she needed to use the potty-and I reminded her several times a day- we rarely had accidents. If she had too many I would remind her that in panties, use the potty, if she didn't want to use the potty, we would wear diapers. There were a handful of days where we had too many accidents and switched back to diapers for the rest of the day. I didn't make a big deal out of it, just said we were having too many accidents and would try again tomorrow. She seemed to understand and we didn't have any problems.

Dd was about 2 1/2 when we started and around 3 when she was out of diapers completely.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#3 of 3 Old 01-21-2004, 03:50 AM

Our daycare suggested diapers over undies for a while, to help get used to both the undies and the feel of wetness, without having to go through too many outfits in a day. It worked really well. We did it for about a week, and now we are just undies and about one accident a day. We seem to be having a setback yesterday and today, so we just offered a choice and let him decide. We try not to make a big deal. I like Shelbean's suggestion of saying we'll try again tomorrow.

ex-Californian, making my way on the East Coast with DS (10), DS (6) and WAHDH. Former extended BF'er, co-sleeper, and baby-wearer. Remembering how to garden.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page