Do you upload "in the buff" photos? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 19 Old 07-13-2009, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD has a webpage where my family can see pictures of her. I want to upload some of the gorgeous summer photos of her in the buff. How much is too much?
I hate that I have to think this way, but there are perverts out there, right?

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 07-13-2009, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
At your discretion. I haven't done much nekkid baby posting since I found a little YouTube vid I had of DS when he was six months old had been linked to from a fetish-sounding message board. CREEPED me out. Although, apparently even they thought it was boring since only a handful of hits came from there. I might have been totally misreading the situation, but someone had to have been specifically searching for naked baby videos because I only sent it to a few relatives.

Since then, if it's usually covered with a diaper, I don't put it up in public. It's probably being over-cautious, but I can't tell you the level of ick I had with the YouTube incident!!
#3 of 19 Old 07-13-2009, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I did when my kids were toddlers. But then, I don't post them to public sites where lots of people have access (no Shutterfly or YouTube). I post them to a website that only family and friends know about and that my dh hosts. It's theoretically possible to google it, I suppose, but I'm not that paranoid.

For many sites you can password protect things. If you're worried, that's what I'd do. Personally, I think naked baby/toddler pics are really cute.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)

#4 of 19 Old 07-13-2009, 04:55 PM

My Flickr site is friends and family only (I have to approve anyone who wants to see pics), so yes - up until now I've posted nekkie pics of ds (19 months old). As he gets older I'll stop, simply because I'm sure he'll appreciate the discretion

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#5 of 19 Old 07-13-2009, 04:59 PM

i do. i don't intentionally post pics of his "junk" but if it's at that angle and the pic is super cute, yes, i will post it.

i refuse to live in fear. who knows what turns pedophiles on. some might like kids in red shirts or something. i'm not going to be afraid of everything just in case some pedo wants to get off by looking at my kid.

D, wife to an awesome man, mommy to 2 awesome boys!!
#6 of 19 Old 07-13-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
My Flickr site is friends and family only (I have to approve anyone who wants to see pics), so yes - up until now I've posted nekkie pics of ds (19 months old). As he gets older I'll stop, simply because I'm sure he'll appreciate the discretion
: i don't think there is anything wrong with uploading cute nakie pics, and i've done it. BUT i would definitely set the privacy features on the website so that only my family/friends could view them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineMrsM View Post
i refuse to live in fear. who knows what turns pedophiles on. some might like kids in red shirts or something. i'm not going to be afraid of everything just in case some pedo wants to get off by looking at my kid.
but i still think it's wise to prevent strangers from viewing our personal pics online.

dd 10.06joy.gif
#7 of 19 Old 07-13-2009, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

You do need to be invited to our page, but the web just isn't so private, kwim. And my Mom can't handle passwords .
Thanks for all the thoughts.
The photos are so cute. I may just crop here and there and upload.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#8 of 19 Old 07-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Dea

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
we have a couple,but not a lot.
I have a video of her sitting and dancing with a naked bum, and if you look close you can tell, but I think it's okay.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#9 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodmachine View Post
You do need to be invited to our page, but the web just isn't so private, kwim. And my Mom can't handle passwords .
Thanks for all the thoughts.
The photos are so cute. I may just crop here and there and upload.
LOL @ mom. Mine can't either which is why I can't post cute naked toddler pictures (you know the ones, with shoes, mittens and hats but vulva all over the place) to our flickr account. She's like, "I'd have to have an account?"

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
#10 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 04:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnS6 View Post
I post them to a website that only family and friends know about and that my dh hosts. It's theoretically possible to google it, I suppose, but I'm not that paranoid.

For many sites you can password protect things. If you're worried, that's what I'd do. Personally, I think naked baby/toddler pics are really cute.
This. No one really uses my site except family and friends. Occasional nakked picture. However, I have just updated my site to be a more professional site for my fine art. So I have put the personal pictures under user name and password. It's obvious to family what the username / password is, but not to anyone else.

Quote:
ITA!
#11 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 06:09 AM

I don't. I won't post pictures of anything online that my kids will later be offended by, and my oldest has strong views that I should not take/distribute pictures of his naked siblings. Therefore, I respect their privacy.

Kids are cute, are cute. They're even cute with clothes on, kwim?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#12 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I think booty shots are cute but frontal is a bit much for me, so thats a no no... thought I would also add that it depends on the age of a child.. my son is still rather young so its ok for me at least but as he gets older I think I will not do that as much.

BFPChart2.gif

#13 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 01:44 PM

I also try to consider my son's future embarrassment. Stuff on the web can just become permanent, and imagine something liek that washing up into the world when your child is approaching adolescence. He or she may be comfortable with it, but also may not and you have no way of knowing how it's going to affect them, so it's best to exercise restraint in the online world. You don't want something seemingly innocent now to destroy their fragile psyche later!
#14 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 01:45 PM

I've rarely posted any, but when I have I've put a little smiley face or star over his bits. I figure I wouldn't want naked pictures of myself on the internet, I should afford him the same respect.

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#15 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 02:03 PM

We have a Flickr account and I make sure that anything showing privates is family-only.

Have you seen the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yet?
#16 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 03:17 PM

Unless your site is password protected, I would avoid it. My SIL had some creep emailing her about her 3 year old's ballet recital video she had on Youtube.
#17 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 04:26 PM

ive never uploaded full frontal shots, but i dont have a problem with a naked butt here and there, lol.... especially now that hes pottly learning and pantsless most of the time

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
#18 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
i do. i don't intentionally post pics of his "junk" but if it's at that angle and the pic is super cute, yes, i will post it.

this.
#19 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes Mommy View Post
Unless your site is password protected, I would avoid it. My SIL had some creep emailing her about her 3 year old's ballet recital video she had on Youtube.
This proves taht it's not really about nakedness, anyhow. Pervs and creeps are out there. Thankfully, most of them are not ever going to come into contact withoyour child. And if they do, it will be Uncle jim, or grandpa, anyhwo, not some random stranger from ther internet...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page