When did napping end for your toddler? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 08-11-2009, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dd stopped napping at around 3, when I weaned her.

Ds stopped napping at 2.5.

What we've done instead of napping is take a rest time. That's either in my room with a movie on or in their beds with books. It lasts anywhere from one hour to 2.5 hours (depending largely on how I'm feeling, I'm also pregnant.)

Mama of three.

#32 of 35 Old 08-11-2009, 12:19 PM
srs

DD is pretty much finished with napping, and she's 28 months. Starting dropping them occasionally about six months ago. We do quiet time instead most days.

I was also surprised that she was so young, because I was under the impression that kids napped until 3 and beyond, but trying to insist on a nap meant a super late bedtime (really late, like midnight), and cranky parents who didn't get any down time at night, not to mention enough sleep ourselves. So now that I've done this once I can understand how a kid could drop naps early.

And to answer the pp, mine went to one nap at about 10 months old.

DD 04/07 DS 12/09
#33 of 35 Old 08-11-2009, 02:05 PM

DS stopped napping except in the car last week at 28 months. If we are out he will fall asleep in the car still, he has always been a car sleeper. If we aren't out there is no nap. I decided that I was not fighting for 2 hours to get him to take a 2 to 3 hour nap and then stay up till 11pm. So no nap and bedtime at 8:30, I miss nap time though.

We also did implement quiet time, which is where he can play quietly on his bed until the timer goes off, we're working on me being able to go downstairs and not have to sit in the doorway still though.

He went to one nap right around 10 months.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#34 of 35 Old 07-22-2012, 11:28 AM

DD1 is almost 5 1/2 and still naps MOST of the time.  Wakes at 7:15am (give or take 15), naps at 1pm for anywhere from 1 to 2 hours.   Goes to bed at 8pm, but takes a while to fall asleep.  If she doesn't nap she goes to sleep more quickly.  But, I need the break (to work) during the middle of the day, so I keep the nap schedule.

DD2 is 3 1/2 and still naps every day.   Wakes around 7am, naps at 1pm for 1.5 to 2.5 hours.  Goes to bed at 8pm, falls asleep by 8:30 or earlier   

having them both nap at 1pm allows me to work, clean, etc and gives them much better attitudes and behavior during the day.

Fortunately, if we're out and they have to skip nap time, they are pretty easy and we just make sure they're in bed early so they can catch up on rest.

They don't usually, however, sleep later if they miss a nap or go to bed late, so we really try to stick to a consistent 8pm bed time.

#35 of 35 Old 07-23-2012, 08:27 AM

My DS refused naps soon after his 2nd b-day and has been happy throughout the day and now sleeps from 7:30-6:30/7am.

AP, stay at home Mama (31) to DS 4/09, DD 11/11, DD 8/13 and wonderful DH (31) and my angel1.gif 1/11 who grew wings at 9w 3d 
h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gif bftoddler.gifgoorganic.jpg femalesling.GIFgd.gif 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page